Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to hear back after full manuscript request?

• 14-12-2018 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Graysen Bumpy Switch

I submitted 3 chapters of a book to a publishers and got a request for the full MS a couple of weeks later.

I sent it off two weeks ago, and am just wondering if anyone knows how long the next stage takes?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know a full MS request just means you've jumped the first hurdle.

But if it's disappointing news I'd rather know asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I submitted 3 chapters of a book to a publishers and got a request for the full MS a couple of weeks later.

I sent it off two weeks ago, and am just wondering if anyone knows how long the next stage takes?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know a full MS request just means you've jumped the first hurdle.

But if it's disappointing news I'd rather know asap.

Did you ever hear back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Graysen Bumpy Switch

debok wrote: »
    Did you ever hear back?

Yep, today. There was one issue they weren't totally sure about so they 'regretfully' decided not to publish.

A bit gutted, but have sent it on to a couple of agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Yep, today. There was one issue they weren't totally sure about so they 'regretfully' decided not to publish.

Disappointing but getting asked for the full manuscript shows that you are there or nearly there. Keep plugging. It will find the home it deserves.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sorry to hear that, but delighted you've kept submitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭ Graysen Bumpy Switch

Thanks guys.

I would actually be grateful if anyone out there knows of agents who accept manuscripts for children's books in Ireland. They seem to be few and far between, so I am sending to English agents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks guys.

I would actually be grateful if anyone out there knows of agents who accept manuscripts for children's books in Ireland. They seem to be few and far between, so I am sending to English agents.

There aren’t many agents in Ireland full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Did they tell you what the issue was?

What genre is it?

Advertisement