Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Morrison J wrote: »
    Frampton v Dogboe in the works for November. Brilliant fight that and big task for Frampton at this stage of his career.

That’s a good fight alright. Dogboe was struggling to make SB.

Condon vs Nikitin in the same card apparently

Conlan rumoured for 14th December on the Terence Crawford undercard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Canelo vs Kovalev set for November.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,588 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo a ridiculously heavy favorite at 8-1 on..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

1/8 is actually a good price

Easy fight for Canelo - he stops him Before round 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Hoping the date gets changed as T-Mobile already has an event (ice hockey) scheduled for Nov 2nd.

There is also UFC on Nov 2nd in MSG (one of UFC's biggest annual events) would they risk doing the same date for PPV figures?

In Vegas the week before, fingers crossed the boxing gods pull some strings

• Advertisement

1/8 is actually a good price

Easy fight for Canelo - he stops him Before round 6

I think Canelo can win, alright, but I wouldn't be 8-1 on sure....

He is moving up two weight classes, unless they boil Kovalev down to say 170?

SK is past his best days, but still has height, reach, power and experience. He will tag Canelo clean here, and maybe the power he brings can really bother Canelo....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    I think Canelo can win, alright, but I wouldn't be 8-1 on sure....

He is moving up two weight classes, unless they boil Kovalev down to say 170?

SK is past his best days, but still has height, reach, power and experience. He will tag Canelo clean here, and maybe the power he brings can really bother Canelo....

I doubt it. Canelo has a great chin. I'm surprised this is not a catchweight. Maybe Canelo feels confident after seeing Kovalev's bout with Yarde.

I doubt it. Canelo has a great chin. I'm surprised this is not a catchweight. Maybe Canelo feels confident after seeing Kovalev's bout with Yarde.

I know Canelo has a great chin. My point was more that SKs power can bother and trouble him, as in keep him very honest, wary and tentative..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I know Canelo has a great chin. My point was more that SKs power can bother and trouble him, as in keep him very honest, wary and tentative..

Maybe but I see canelo ripping the body early and stopping him In first half of fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Please give people a warning that the link you're posting relates to content from Joe.

Why?

Genuine question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Please give people a warning that the link you're posting relates to content from Joe.

Why?

Genuine question.

Because they are an unoriginal, content-stealing, bunch of hacks.

Conlan-Nikittin seems to be agreed for Dec. Paddy Power was offering 10-1 for Nikittin for the first time they were supposed to fight; excellent odds. Will stick a ton on that if same this time around. I think MC was 25-1 on first time around....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Because they are an unoriginal, content-stealing, bunch of hacks.

In your opinion. I enjoy the show and find Frampton's views informative.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    In your opinion. I enjoy the show and find Frampton's views informative.

I'd be in the same boat,

I like TKO and the liquid football show they do now

dont particularly like the "Joe" brand at all and their social media is tedious but they do good podcasts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There seems to be a massive difference between their website and twitter and their podcasts.

The rugby pods and Dion Fanning's one are very good. The website and twitter pure clickbait ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Katie Taylor next fight announced, moving up to 140, attempting to become a 2 weight champion...Headlining it too which is great...

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1076328/

...Katie Taylor next fight announced, moving up to 140, attempting to become a 2 weight champion...Headlining it too which is great...

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1076328/

She is very small at 135, could easily drop a division or two IMO.

Her opponent was soundly beaten by Persoon at LW but moved up and won a title.

Oh, the pain of Crolla on that card.......

Will that man just give up, please!!!

The thoughts of him putting on a "great" performance and then getting another world title shot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great stuff Katie. Was sure it'd be York Hall again. Lets hope it sells well.

Oh, the pain of Crolla on that card.......

Will that man just give up, please!!!

The thoughts of him putting on a "great" performance and then getting another world title shot.....

It's his farewell isnt it? 8 rounder against a bin man to sell tickets

• Advertisement

gwalk wrote: »
    It's his farewell isnt it? 8 rounder against a bin man to sell tickets

Supposed fair well, alright...

Please please god let it be........

Gas, I came across this card on irish boxing.com, and they actually had a note/nod (in a real "isn't this great" sense) to Crolla being on it......wtf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So canelo is fighting kovalev at light heavy nov 2nd. Canelo is the favourite which surprise me as sergei is naturally far bigger
    Am i off my rocker to think the crusher will crush him or will the mexican horse meat give saul some strength?
    Thoughts?

So canelo is fighting kovalev at light heavy nov 2nd. Canelo is the favourite which surprise me as sergei is naturally far bigger
    Am i off my rocker to think the crusher will crush him or will the mexican horse meat give saul some strength?
    Thoughts?

It’s a strange one, and Canelo is quite a bookies favorite..

SK is past it, vulnerable, little bit chinny and not as fit as years gone by...

This is what the bookies must be thinking..

But he’s inches taller, naturally bigger, and probably hits as hard, if not harder; he is also every bit as good a boxer as Canelo..

Prime SK keeps Canelo at range and beats him up...

Canelo v this SK may be able to close distance, land hard and clean shots and hurt and stop SK....easier said than done though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Callum Smith is fighting John Ryder on November 13th.
    Not a bad fight, Ryder has been doing well of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Smith needs bigger fights, seems to have been forgotten by Hearn. Should be in unification fights at this stage not fighting blown up middleweights.

Still Smith facing nobodies. Isn’t Ryder his mandatory, which shows how pathetic these ratings are?

Jono v Quigg rumored for the AJ card...

No thread for tonight's card but Deco Gerraghty KO'd again

That's 4 KO losses now and a DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

gwalk wrote: »
    No thread for tonight's card but Deco Gerraghty KO'd again

That's 4 KO losses now and a DQ
    Was actually boxing well up until the big knockout. Making Sharp miss loads. Probably won first three rounds.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Was actually boxing well up until the big knockout. Making Sharp miss loads. Probably won first three rounds.

Yeah I had him winning

Same as what happens against Marco, leading with his head too much and Dropped

Advertisement