Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SOT recommendation

• 15-09-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    Looking for recommendations for a sit on top SOT kayak. For beach and inshore for young family water activity. Looking to pick up 2 over winter months second hand.

To accommodate parents and 4yr and 2yr olds. Something useful for a few years to come. I am 6ft and 94kg. Wife 5ft 2” and 52kg. Both of us are sea familiar.

What sort of features should I be looking for? Padded seats, leg braces... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Well am so far looking at the following two as being the most suitable so far to keep an eye out for.

Ocean frenzy
    Wavesport scooter

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Have a look at Darrens Kayaks in Cork. He carries a huge range of SOT's and he'll give you a try out with any of them. I wouldn't worry about knee braces but a padded seat can make long trips a bit more comfortable.
    Realistically though, with kids you're not going to be doing long hours in the kayak - they'll get bored :-)

Thanks
    They have a nice write up on many models from different brands.

Hoping to pick up 2nd hand over winter rather than new though.

Adding to my shortlist

RTM Mambo

Advertisement