Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

jmark wrote: »
    New Thai Take away in Letterkenny - The Lime Leaf on Pearse Road - opposite the community centre.

Superb food.

Wanna echo that, eaten from it a few times. Excellent food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

New cafe/coffee shop open in Bridgend, near enough opposite Dohertys.

Can't remember the name, and sadly for them I think they'll be short lived. Too pricey, limited menu and right over the road from a well established rival, although Dohertys are more hot food than a Starbucks style coffee shop. To top it off, the week they opened, Dohertys took the massive advertising board on the end wall of the new place with an ad and an arrow pointing over the road!

Every time I pass it the place is empty and Dohertys is heaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

DrPhilG wrote: »
    New cafe/coffee shop open in Bridgend, near enough opposite Dohertys.

Can't remember the name, and sadly for them I think they'll be short lived. Too pricey, limited menu and right over the road from a well established rival, although Dohertys are more hot food than a Starbucks style coffee shop. To top it off, the week they opened, Dohertys took the massive advertising board on the end wall of the new place with an ad and an arrow pointing over the road!

Every time I pass it the place is empty and Dohertys is heaving.

Family rift :D

One opened a Cafe across the road to spite the other.

There is another new Cafe opened just a bit further down (next to Devlins) its seems better priced and seem to know what the different types of coffee are as when I went into Doherty's and asked for a latte I got a plain coffee :confused:

The one further down is well worth a try.

Family rift :D

One opened a Cafe across the road to spite the other.

Really? Crazy!

Didn't realise that, although it makes the sneaky tactic of advertising on your own rival's wall a bit more understandable.

I think Dohertys will win the battle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

There is a Mexican open beside The Pulse called Burrito Loco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The Bay View Hotel in Killybegs has been sold, word on the street is that it is a local who has bought it. Hopefully it will re-open and create some employment in the area.

http://www.oceanfm.ie/sp/article_manager/detail/bayview_hotel_sold_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Forgot this one but the Moonshine Coffee Shop is open off the Port Road in one of the lots across from the LYIT. I've not been in yet but the FB pics look pretty good.

H&M opening in Letterkenny down beside M&S. Good to see something else moving in. Was going by today and they have the signage up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Maldesu wrote: »
    H&M opening in Letterkenny down beside M&S. Good to see something else moving in. Was going by today and they have the signage up now.

Great news. I love this shop. Not too expensive but relatively good quality. I just wish Zara would come to Letterkenny now, then my shopping excursions would be complete :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Sargasso in Letterkenny closed at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

dinorebel wrote: »

Spoilsport, this is the happy thread for openings and reopenings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

Spoilsport, this is the happy thread for openings and reopenings:D
    beer is the solution to all of life's problems so i bring you kinnegar brewery getting fully up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

noticed a licence permission application for a Chinese Restuarant at the shop which was formerly a Polish grocery shop next door to Reynolds Music store just up from Mr Chippy in LK , certainy no shortage of Fast Food Takeaways in that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dirac98

Emerald Trophies on Pearse Road opposite SoLo

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

New boutique on Oliver Plunkett Road, Lkenny - City Girl, and hairdresser just opened on Larkin's Lane - LK Hair Design.

New fresh fish shop opened in Ardara, called.....Fresh Fish Shop :pac:
    A new hairdressers opened in Donegal town, behind Tonis bistro, next to the the public toilets, I can't mind the name.
    The Bay View Hotel in Killybegs is due to re-open in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

McGettigans bar opened in the Clanree, I assume it's leased out from the hotel.

New Chinese beside the Mr. Chippy roundabout, think it is were the golf shop used to be. The County seat moved up to were the Irish Nationwide used to be in Letterkenny, right next door to Watsons!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dinorebel wrote: »

Sage opened there after that, but it was closed the last couple of times I went passed it. People seem to think it's a great spot because it's beside the theatre, doesn't seem to turn out that way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

There is another new Cafe opened just a bit further down (next to Devlins) its seems better priced

The one further down is well worth a try.

Finally got around to trying the place beside Devlins a few weeks back.

Closed down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Finally got around to trying the place beside Devlins a few weeks back.

Closed down!

:eek: didn't hang around long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

K-9 wrote: »
    McGettigans bar opened in the Clanree, I assume it's leased out from the hotel.

I think the McGettigan group, who have hotels in Dublin, London and Dubai, now own the Clanree.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

New fresh fish shop opened in Ardara, called.....Fresh Fish Shop :pac:
    A new hairdressers opened in Donegal town, behind Tonis bistro, next to the the public toilets, I can't mind the name.
    The Bay View Hotel in Killybegs is due to re-open in the next week or two.
    The hairdressers you mentioned is called "John Daniels" which is same unit a different hairdresser used before.

The Bay View Hotel in Killybegs reopened it's doors on Sunday under new ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

jmark wrote: »
    New Thai Take away in Letterkenny - The Lime Leaf on Pearse Road - opposite the community centre.

Superb food.

Didn't want to open a new thread, just wondering does the Lime Leaf have a restaurant or just a takeaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

Didn't want to open a new thread, just wondering does the Lime Leaf have a restaurant or just a takeaway?

There are a few tables inside, fairly basic though. The food is good, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Technique wrote: »
    There are a few tables inside, fairly basic though. The food is good, however.

Thanks.

Think we'll try that new one at Station Roundabout then.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I see that the Milford Inn is to reopen. What is the gossip there? I remember when it was Baxters, back in 1960's.

Durnish wrote: »
    I see that the Milford Inn is to reopen. What is the gossip there? I remember when it was Baxters, back in 1960's.

Seems it is planning to anyway. I was in the Tassie recently and there was a poster up saying they were doing a Christmas dinner.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A new Chinese restaurant has replaced the Thai restaurant, Sabai on Main St., Donegal town. Can't remember the name of it, though.

EDIT: it's called Golden Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Maldesu wrote: »
    Seems it is planning to anyway. I was in the Tassie recently and there was a poster up saying they were doing a Christmas dinner.

Facebook evidence suggests they've been open for a while. LINK

Advertisement