Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Twee. wrote: »
    Mmm I do love hats too. Winter is the best, I am all hats :D Have had my eye on a boater hat for summer though, think it could be quite cute, like Madeleine! 2221947803_2f6198c940.jpg?v=0

I've been looking for a boater that fits for 4 years now. I have a man-size head! The women's ones I've found are too small and the mens ones were too big! I think since they started stocking them in TS a while ago they were easier to find, but the first time I managed to find them in a shop was in Berlin

Maybe its not to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Never give up. I bought a boater last month. Vintage, good condition, €20.00 - score! :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

So the competition is over. Personally I thought that the "Double Denim" was the best answer there. Made me laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

My first ever item of bespoke clothing arrived at my parents house today, so excited to get it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

MediumWell wrote: »
    My first ever item of bespoke clothing arrived at my parents house today, so excited to get it!

Welll, what did you get?!

I PASSED MY EXAMS. I am very happy, no repeats. I am going to get dressed up all nice tonight and celebrate to the max :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Congrats Twee :)

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

im devastated, just took a wash out and something dyed my favourite dress, my favourite cardigan and my new top for work a minging blue colour

my favourite dress: (the one on the right)

9729_1235767930464_1117179143_30738013_6151198_n.jpg

Is there anything that can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mmmm London! Looking forward to rummaging through Camden markets at the weekend! Wish you could all come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Watched Dazed and Confused at the weekend and it reminded how badly I need a pair of good well fitting jeans. I want something slim fitting with a a high waist (not corseted style) - was looking at levis 471's but they're only in black and I want a dark wash. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dylon do a dye remover that you can use when clothes get dyed in the wash by mistake. A friend of mine uses it and it's brilliant. It wont take the dye out of anything lacy but it will work on plain materials.

You absolute beaut. Any clue where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Mmmm London! Looking forward to rummaging through Camden markets at the weekend! Wish you could all come :)

Ah don't be wasting your time at Camden - It's nearly all tourist trash nowadays, head over to the Portobello Road markets and Brick Lane for your real deals :)

You absolute beaut. Any clue where to get it?

A girl I work with said it's available in large chemists and probably Hickeys too. Usually the top shelf of the Dylon display.

I looked in the What Did You Wear Today thread and I actually saw one of the posters in the outfit they posted recently! I remember because I really liked the outfit! :eek:

Who was it?

Stray_Cat.

If anyone gets the Asos email service, the one today has a survey for Irish customers, when you finished the survey, there's a 10% discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Just did the survey myself, YAY! I get it to two email accounts so I hope I can use it twice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Ryanairs 15kg baggage limit can kiss my broad backside, did it in 12!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Hey, I didn't know where to post this buuut...anyone know where I can buy some quirky underwear online? Just really pretty and unusual stuff? Can't think of anywhere myself bar La Senza!

Like Orlee over in Latest Purchases, I got the House of Holland suspender tights. Linky.

My question is, what the hell do you year them with! I just look like a slaaaag when I try them on :p I'm thinking the best bet is a black skirt or dress long enough to actually cover the suspender bit, so that you might only get a peek of them if you're lucky ;) Desperate to wear them, but maybe I should keep them for a bit of a special occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

They are lovely Twee, I think your best bet is to wear them with a dress that
    is long enough to cover the suspender, They would look great with any colour
    especially black or red.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I can't really come into this forum any more coz I is broke and I get upset looking at the pretty purchases. :(

Some day soon I will be back!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Twee, I was just coming here to ask that!!

I like the idea of what you're saying with a long skirt, but I tried it out (I don't have the HH ones, I have a pair from NewLook) and it just does not look good on me at all. I wore them with a high waist, pencil mini skirt (not as slutty as it sounds :o) and a white vest top and cardigan, I wore the top of the dark bits (are ye following me here?) a couple of inches above my knees and then flat black ballet pumps. I wanted to keep the outfit really simple and let the focus fall on the tights. On my proportions, they looked best just above my knee, but I did feel a bit prostitute-y the first time I wore them :o

Twee, I was just coming here to ask that!!

I like the idea of what you're saying with a long skirt, but I tried it out (I don't have the HH ones, I have a pair from NewLook) and it just does not look good on me at all. I wore them with a high waist, pencil mini skirt (not as slutty as it sounds :o) and a white vest top and cardigan, I wore the top of the dark bits (are ye following me here?) a couple of inches above my knees and then flat black ballet pumps. I wanted to keep the outfit really simple and let the focus fall on the tights. On my proportions, they looked best just above my knee, but I did feel a bit prostitute-y the first time I wore them :o

Haha, they're mad. I bought them and was like "**** yeah I'm gonna wear them and be awesome", and now look at me :rolleyes:
    I had these and wore them with just a black dress, but they didn't look as slutty with the wee hearts and all. I think the strip going up the leg on the HOH ones makes them a little over the edge!
    This girl looks awesome in them
    fashion+toast+HOH+tights.jpg
    But I'm afraid I don't have legs like that!
    I think my best bet is to wear them barely covered, and then some lucky so and so will get a peek a boo... maybe! But a black dress and tights in JUNE. Sigh! I don't want to have to put them away until like October!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Twee. wrote: »
    Haha, they're mad. I bought them and was like "**** yeah I'm gonna wear them and be awesome", and now look at me :rolleyes:
    I had these and wore them with just a black dress, but they didn't look as slutty with the wee hearts and all. I think the strip going up the leg on the HOH ones makes them a little over the edge!
    This girl looks awesome in them
    fashion+toast+HOH+tights.jpg
    But I'm afraid I don't have legs like that!
    I think my best bet is to wear them barely covered, and then some lucky so and so will get a peek a boo... maybe! But a black dress and tights in JUNE. Sigh! I don't want to have to put them away until like October!

Yeah, I've got the one's in the attachment below. Not quite as sultry (let's not say slutty :P) as the HH ones. I didn't realise the HH ones has a strip up the back actually.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the weather isn't really suiting them at the moment, I just know I'll forget about them or lose them or throw them out of something *sigh

Please, ladies, ditch the tights altogether. I know they are practicable and comfy and yadda yadda yadda but they are passionkillers for the majority of men.
    Stockings.
    You'll feel sexier, defiantly more sultry then sluty. It's akin to the difference between wearing undies and wearing lingerie.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Please, ladies, ditch the tights altogether. I know they are practicable and comfy and yadda yadda yadda but they are passionkillers for the majority of men.
    Stockings.
    You'll feel sexier, defiantly more sultry then sluty. It's akin to the difference between wearing undies and wearing lingerie.

I actually must invest in some when the colder months come! I like the idea of wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stockings all the way!!!!!!!!! :)

Advertisement