Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal Ten-T Road Upgrade.

• 25-02-2019 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any inside info on this road project?

http://www.donegal-ten-t.ie/media/download_gallery/SECTION%202%20-%20%20EMERGING%20PREFERRED%20ROUTE%20CORRIDOR.pdf

My mums house is looking like being effected in that the dual carriageway outside letterkenny is being re-aligned for the new roundabout and she’ll lose her front garden and driveway and half the garden at the side. As her house is on a slight hill above the dual carriageway the bank looks like it will start roughly 8/10 ft from her house and will make the garage inaccessible.

We were at a meeting with engineers a few weeks ago who stated that the design is not the final draft however looking at the plans and diagrams it appears that there has been a considerable amount of planning already done and it isn’t just a simple line drawn on a map and I don’t honestly believe there is much more tweaking to be done to it.

Obviously there’ll CPO’s for land/houses but does anyone know what happens when they don’t need to take the entire house but are building the road so close that the owner no longer wants to live there, do they agree to buy the house in those cases or will they fight the owner to buy only what they need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'd say the folks over in the Roads Forum would be able to tell you what normally happens in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Has anyone any inside info on this road project?

http://www.donegal-ten-t.ie/media/download_gallery/SECTION%202%20-%20%20EMERGING%20PREFERRED%20ROUTE%20CORRIDOR.pdf

My mums house is looking like being effected in that the dual carriageway outside letterkenny is being re-aligned for the new roundabout and she’ll lose her front garden and driveway and half the garden at the side. As her house is on a slight hill above the dual carriageway the bank looks like it will start roughly 8/10 ft from her house and will make the garage inaccessible.

We were at a meeting with engineers a few weeks ago who stated that the design is not the final draft however looking at the plans and diagrams it appears that there has been a considerable amount of planning already done and it isn’t just a simple line drawn on a map and I don’t honestly believe there is much more tweaking to be done to it.
    I was at the public meeting/info session in Ballybofey and it appears that the designs as shown are going to be reasonably close to the final article. There is a corridor shown and (for TT area) one of the engineers told me that feedback from the public sessions together with input from those that will be affected will be taken into account but he couldnt see a situation whereby the proposed routes including roundabouts would change or actually move outside the scope of the defined corridors.

Obviously there’ll CPO’s for land/houses but does anyone know what happens when they don’t need to take the entire house but are building the road so close that the owner no longer wants to live there, do they agree to buy the house in those cases or will they fight the owner to buy only what they need?
    Not really sure on this point. I doubt if they would buy the entire property. I think they would seek to obtain any of the land they need and pay a valuation amount together with a bit of compo for being "inconvenienced"

I think you will need a "before and after" valuation for the property as a minimum and perhaps employ a good solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Has anyone heard what the story is with this project is? The council were supposed to vote on it in April but deferred that due to the lack of public consultation however there hasn't been a single word on it since.

I guess this is typical of the lethargic manner in which all state projects are managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

It's a Ten-T.ative process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Has anyone heard what the story is with this project is? The council were supposed to vote on it in April but deferred that due to the lack of public consultation however there hasn't been a single word on it since.

I guess this is typical of the lethargic manner in which all state projects are managed.

Infrastructure investment is absolute bottom rung of the ladder for the current government, expect plenty more missed deadlines and extra hurdles before it quietly gets put on the backburner for another decade when the economy slows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

http://www.donegal-ten-t.ie/

Updated reports and documents in relation to each of the three projects were published today.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I'm not all that fussed about the rest but the lk to lifford section id be pretty exited about such a dangerous and congested road, it would be a real game changer to get this done

Advertisement