Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Jay Men’s 23 K gold plated solid stainless steel...WATCH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Its been 69.99 since last June according to camelcamelcamel and has never been 685

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The whole "was £685" claim is just nonsense....no idea how they get away with it. The saving here is £15, grand if you're in the market for it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

dennispenn wrote: »
    Henry Jay Men’s 23 K gold plated solid stainless steel, two tone specialty aqua master professional diving watch with date.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henry-Jay-stainless-specialty-professional/dp/B01GQTWL5U/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_e5a3_e30ee0bc?smid=A31CD1AFIOT9K2&pf_rd_p=059d4dd9-0573-4e5a-9e45-211d739ee5a3&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=VP3FMHE4Y0A2PP79JSWR

Price:£685.00
    Sale: £69.99
    Deal Price:£55.99 Delivery at no additional cost for Prime Members
    You Save: £629.01 (92%)

From what I can gather, or at least from reading some of the comments, this watch is cheap because it has a battery, the expensive HENRY j watches are automatic :cool:

some of the reviews on it.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B01GQTWL5U/ref=acr_dpproductdetail_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Cheers dennis, just ordered one there.

It looks like a very decent waterproof watch for 65 euro delivered.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice looking watch for the price.

OP is an example of why we're bedeviled with fake sales and fake RRPs, people love the idea of a 'bargain' more than caring about the product they're actually buying.

This watch is cheap because it's a cheap watch from a brand that doesn't exist. Henry Jay Watches was created to sell one kind of watch (submariner homage) with a vastly inflated RRP and with a selling price that was probably fair.

It has been pretty much $60 or £50 since it first launched in mid 2016.

This isn't 'cheap because it has a battery', it's cheap because it's a cheap watch without a brand attached.

https://www.fakespot.com/company/henry-jay

• Advertisement

gaudy yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

OP is an example of why we're bedeviled with fake sales and fake RRPs, people love the idea of a 'bargain' more than caring about the product they're actually buying.

This watch is cheap because it's a cheap watch from a brand that doesn't exist. Henry Jay Watches was created to sell one kind of watch (submariner homage) with a vastly inflated RRP and with a selling price that was probably fair.

This isn't 'cheap because it has a battery', it's cheap because it's a cheap watch without a brand attached.

I won't be buying one myself.

Does your little rant mean that you're undecided? 😎

dennispenn wrote: »
    I won't be buying one myself.

Does your little rant mean that you're undecided? ��

I'm sorry to inform you that your knowledge of words is as poor as your knowledge of bargains.

That's not only a rant my friend, but also a self contradictory one.

As a matter of interest where else can I purchase a 10 ATM rated watch for this price?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Wouldn't be for me, no.
    Like something Paddy the Greek would try and flog.

• Advertisement

That's not only a rant my friend, but also a self contradictory one.

As a matter of interest where else can I purchase a 10 ATM rated watch for this price?

Did you somehow miss all the Amazon reviews that complained about water behind the fascia after wearing the watch in a shower, or in heavy rain?

What exactly in my post constituted a rant, and what was self-contradictory?

You can buy some tat that lies about water resistance here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X10+ATM+watch.TRS0&_nkw=10+ATM+watch&_sacat=0

You can buy generic submariner homages almost certainly made in the same factory the 'Henry Jay' ones here, here, here or here among many, many other places.

Also, don't refer to a stranger as a friend. It's demeaning.

Did you somehow miss all the Amazon reviews that complained about water behind the fascia after wearing the watch in a shower, or in heavy rain?

What exactly in my post constituted a rant, and what was self-contradictory?

You can buy some tat that lies about water resistance here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X10+ATM+watch.TRS0&_nkw=10+ATM+watch&_sacat=0

You can buy generic submariner homages almost certainly made in the same factory the 'Henry Jay' ones here, here, here or here among many, many other places.

Also, don't refer to a stranger as a friend. It's demeaning.

Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed today buddy?

The watch has a warranty if it should turn out that it is not as advertised.

Even if it's exactly as advertised it can still be returned for full refund within a very reasonable time frame.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed today buddy?

I'm not your buddy, friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭xabi

I wouldn’t wear that yoke if I got it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

xabi wrote: »
    I wouldn’t wear that yoke if I got it for free

Great...thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

it was under 50 GBP at the end of November 17, every 4/5 days it falls into the Lighting Deals and it costs 56 GBP (according to keepa)

Advertisement