Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-06-2020, 23:54   #1
Munsterlad102
Registered User
 
Munsterlad102's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 88
Irish Army Vickers Helmet Wanted

Hello,
I know this mightn’t be the right place to post this but I’m not sure where else to post. At the moment I’m looking for an Irish Army Vickers Helmet and would appreciate anyone who could point me in the direction of one that’s a reasonable price.
Thanks,
Bill
Munsterlad102 is offline  
Advertisement
14-06-2020, 10:25   #2
riffmongous
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,591
There is a militaria forum on Boards too but it seems fairly dead, except for this thread where Del. Monte posts https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...174883&page=37 maybe he can give some advice
riffmongous is offline  
Thanks from:
14-06-2020, 13:53   #3
Del.Monte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmongous View Post
There is a militaria forum on Boards too but it seems fairly dead, except for this thread where Del. Monte posts https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...174883&page=37 maybe he can give some advice

I was afraid of that.


Genuine Vickers helmets are pricey and a couple of hundred euros would be a typical price. There's plenty of repro ones (well German style) on eBay - from China. Great bunch of lads.
Del.Monte is offline  
(3) thanks from:
14-06-2020, 16:40   #4
Munsterlad102
Registered User
 
Munsterlad102's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del.Monte View Post
I was afraid of that.


Genuine Vickers helmets are pricey and a couple of hundred euros would be a typical price. There's plenty of repro ones (well German style) on eBay - from China. Great bunch of lads.
I’ve seen a few that were for sale a while ago for about €150 each so I’m hoping that one of those ones are still around. There was a set of 2 that went at a Whyte’s auction for €320 a couple of years ago so if ye see anything like that, please let me know. Thanks!
Munsterlad102 is offline  
16-06-2020, 11:11   #5
enfield
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,041
Cork Military Show in Curraheen will be on the end of August and there is nearly always one or more for sale there.
https://www.facebook.com/Cork-City-M...3752653430788/
The I.M.V.G. Military and re-enactment show in the Racecourse in Naas has been cancelled.
If all else fails contact Ebay seller harp12v6q
enfield is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-06-2020, 20:02   #6
Del.Monte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,947
And here's one coming up at auction at Mullen's Laurel Park, Bray on the 11th July: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...e-ab7e00bc0c9b
Del.Monte is offline  
Thanks from:
16-06-2020, 23:27   #7
Munsterlad102
Registered User
 
Munsterlad102's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del.Monte View Post
And here's one coming up at auction at Mullen's Laurel Park, Bray on the 11th July: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...e-ab7e00bc0c9b
Thank you very much.
Munsterlad102 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet