Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problems rebooting Acer PC Windows 10

Options
  • 25-06-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I tried to update my pc but it didn't reboot and is now doing a reboot loop. Its not noisy to a point that the hard drive be failing. It won't restore to original settings/drive/os to what it had been. PC is a couple of years old. I've had issues with windows 10 updates with laptop as well but have not updated it since so have to stop the updates from happening in case laptop crash on me aswell.

I can press del/f12 to get into bios but have tried reboot from other devices and still no luck. I've looked up online what I could do but to no avail. I can connect with a laptop but cannot access files on laptop from pc is there any way I can retrieve files from a crashing pc?

I am unable to get into safe mode I tried it and hasn't worked for me this time. It worked for me previously but not this time. I thought it was due to a wifi issue initially as its been an issue of late that the update wouldn't work, now I am beginning to think its a hardrive issue and has already been replaced. So sick of windows 10!!! Could it be windows 10 is glitchy? Sending this from my laptop.

Any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You could try resetting the BIOS to defaults in case it's a timing issue.

Does the BIOS or boot menu give you an option to run diags on memory or HDD ?

Can you get in to recovery mode and does it give you an option to do a system restore ?

Windows recovery disk used to be a lot easier when you didn't have to go looking for an 8GB USB key for the whole image.

Provided it isn't a hardware problem you can use a bootable linux or similar to copy files to an external drive, or if you have a laptop with an easily accessible HDD you could put the drive in an external USB bay and read the files with the other computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hi, I can't get into safe/recovery mode it worked for me before. I also could run from usb aswell but not boot from that either this time. I can connect my laptop to pc via hdmi but can't view the files from main computer only shows monitor as viewable and the events list of failed updates etc. Tells me the drivers are working aswell so makes me think its a harddrive problem. I've tried all the advice tips online.

Thanks

Advertisement