Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Check Microsoft Office Home number of licenses used ?

Options
  • 10-05-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have an old Office Home and Student family pack.
    It does the job for the moment.
    It contains three licenses.
    I have it loaded on 2 laptops currently and Office seems to work on them.
    I've tried to load on a third laptop and Office does not work.
    It indicates all the licenses have been used.
    Other computers and laptops have previously had that Office package loaded but they have stopped working and are no longer used.
    Also, I recently had a hard drive swapped into a new machine after liquid damage destroyed a laptop.
    Things are getting complicated with laptops with people doing college exams and school work and I'd like to find and free that missing license.

A few questions follow.
    Is there any to find out where Microsoft see those licenses working currently ?
    Is there any way to update the license list usage to reflect the current situation ?
    Can I uninstall Office from one of the other two to free a license and reinstall on another machine ?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What version is it? Use to be call required...
    Version Mainstream Support, Extended Support
    Office 2010 no longer supported, October 13, 2020
    Office 2013 no longer supported, April 11, 2023
    Office 2016 October 13, 2020 , October 14, 2025
    Office 2019October 10, 2023 , October 14, 2025

try virtual agent... If you give them enough negative answers, you might be connected to "live" person to chat
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/contactus/

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bobgaf

It's Office 2010.
    Might try that.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bobgaf

Just to wrap this up.
    Ended up calling a Microsoft Support number (353) (1) 447 5390 .
    Automated system but it worked well.
    Gave them an Installation ID and got a Confirmation ID back which
    activated the license on the laptop.

Advertisement