Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sunday night blues setting in.........glenroe music playing.........

Have you got your homework done :D

Slow Sunday drivers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Having to race out the door when you then get the urge to go to the toilet.

Same when you are itching to get started on building an ikea wardobe - then toilet calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

There should be a special place in hell reserved for people that say "Speak your truth" or "Be your best self".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Duck Soup wrote: »
    There should be a special place in hell reserved for people that say "Speak your truth" or "Be your best self".

Indeed Groucho .. Facebook posts that say "making memories" & "living my best life"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BumChum

Drivers not indicating. I don't like having to chase them down and ram them into ditches.

Have you gotten THAT lazy that you cant allow your fingers to brush over the indicator as youre turning, you know, seeing as they're already within nano centimeters already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Duck Soup wrote: »

I’m always living my Best life :D

Drivers who just merge into your lane without looking to see if there’s anyone in it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Too warm with the heating on. I would have waited until November to put it on but oh no it's not my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

BumChum wrote: »
    Drivers not indicating. I don't like having to chase them down and ram them into ditches.

Have you gotten THAT lazy that you cant allow your fingers to brush over the indicator as youre turning, you know, seeing as they're already within nano centimeters already?

Drivers who leave it until they are turning to indicate. FFS, I can see you are turning by now. Indicate, brake, turn not brake turn indicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BumChum

Drivers who leave it until they are turning to indicate. FFS, I can see you are turning by now. Indicate, brake, turn not brake turn indicate.

Giving them maximum leeway here! I dont believe many people know how to use indicators on roundabouts. Its gotten so bad lately I dont even trust people with indicators flashing, I need to see where theyre going. Had a few misses with people indicating the complete opposite way they were turning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

when you are looking to buy something out of the ordinery so you google suppliers. you click on the links and it brings you to company websites but you cannot find any of what your looking for for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

BumChum wrote: »
    Giving them maximum leeway here! I dont believe many people know how to use indicators on roundabouts. Its gotten so bad lately I dont even trust people with indicators flashing, I need to see where theyre going. Had a few misses with people indicating the complete opposite way they were turning!

+1 to this. Once someone was indicating as if they were pulling off the roundabout, grand says I, off I go. Then they kept coming, and beeped me as if I was the one in the wrong :confused: Learn to use your indicators people!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What I hate is when I'm at a roundabout and I have to wait for people (idiots) who don't indicate to drive on and go where they're going (even if it means missing my chance to go through), and the people (idiots) behind me beep their horns because they want me to move anyway. Look, it might be MY right of way, but if I don't know what THEY are doing, I'm not going to risk an accident just to make a point! And waiting one extra second is hardly going to kill you, is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

So I'm in work with my boss gobsh1te and we're under pressure.

Gob****es been giving poor instructions and generally being a wanton prick about the resultant confusion and delay.

Gobsh1tes waiting on me to fvck up and causing me to choke from the pressure of not wanting to fvck up, thus causing me get distracted and so fvck up.

Anyway, gobsh1tes standing 10 feet away from me, at right angles, on a slightly raised surface.

Gobsh1te: ''do you see that thing over there''.

Gobsh1tes hand flashes up and then back down, with the speed of a Vegas card magician. One stubby knobbley bent finger pointing in a vague direction.

Gobsh1te: ''move that thing over there''

So by now I'm on edge from all the previous miscommunications, not wanting to ask, so I take a guess. wrong.

Gobsh1te: ''are you blind, etc''.

Just no description of what to move where whatsoever, gobsh1te believes that being that they're the center of the universe everyone else naturally see's what gobsh1te see's, from gobsh1te's perspective.

Please, people, when you point at something, don't say 'that' ... the other person doesn't see through your eyes, and doesn't see a first person view of your extended finger.

'that' may as well be a burp, for all the information it holds.

They just see a lump of meat with a gobsh1te on one end.

By the time they track the course of a moving, shaking, off target finger over several meters its about as good as pointing your arse at the object.

Unless its a square meter in diameter, and separated on its own, well, pointing is probably absolutely useless to the other person.

and 'that' is a meaningless word.

do you see that.

move that thing there over there.

oh my god, as i type this i want to grab gobsh1te by both sides of the head and scream this thread into their fat bulbous face.

i want to put gobsh1te into some kind of fatal 'Saw' horror puzzle scenario, where the answer is dependent upon my directions.

And as gobsh1te desperately scrambles against time to grab the right key to remove the explosive box from their arsehle, and looks up at me to know which key to grab, ....

i'd be standing 10 feet away at right angles, briefly raising my wiggling fingers and saying 'yeah that one over there'. the one to the right of that one under that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Night terrors

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being suddenly awoken

Too warm with the heating on. I would have waited until November to put it on but oh no it's not my choice.

Whos choice was it so :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Adobe must have done some kind of update and all the PDF files in My Documents have some quare new icon and it's putting me off. Can't leave well enough alone ffs.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cyclists telling you to f**k off after they've ran in to you on that well known cycle path - Heuston Station platform!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Had a severe reaction to strong antibiotics I've been taking for lung infections. The infection has now spread to the bone. TA I'm missing work and could be admitted to the hospital I work in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Not been able to read my own handwriting is a bit of a TA at the moment...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not been able to read my own handwriting is a bit of a TA at the moment...

You must be a doctor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You must be a doctor!

I would be a deadly doctor.
    Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is the interaction I just had at my city centre doctors' surgery:

Me: Hey I'm here to pick up my prescription?
    Receptionist: It's not here.
    Me:Oh, ok but I put it in last week and it says it's processed on the online order system.
    Receptionist: Oh yeah, its definitely processed so it should be here. Let me check.
    Checks with office manager.......
    Receptionist: Ok its in Finaghy. (surgery on the outskirts of Belfast)
    Me:Uh, why is it in Finaghy? This is my surgery. I've never been to the Finaghy branch.
    Receptionist: Dunno but you'll have to go there to get it.
    Me:Ugh fine, what time do they close in the evening? I'll go and pick it up after work.
    Receptionist: 1pm.
    Me: Right well I can't get up there for that time as I'm in work. Can you not get it sent back down here?
    Receptionist: Oh um eh well I suppose but it wont be here till Wednesday.
    Me:But I need it tomorrow.
    Receptionist: ........................
    Me:Fine, I'll come back on Wednesday.

Not even a single apology or explanation for their **** up. I'm raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

dubstarr wrote: »
    People glued to their phones,not looking where they are going.Nearly walked in to me 3 times.
    I wish I could thank this more than once!

I also hate when you're walking down a narrow path and you meet a group walking 2 or 3 abreast and none of them budge to let you by. You nearly have to shoulder barge them to get by.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I would be a deadly doctor.
    Literally.

I see what you did there.

:D

Listening to an online radio here, DJ said it is now approaching 1PM. Didn't realise my stream had 10 minute lag. Has no impact on anything as only background noise. But it is a major TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People bagging big huge shopping trolleys at the Aldi checkout.Move over there you eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

People who don't understand the function of a door handle. Especially when the door leads to the silent study room of a library. There's even a sign on this door asking people to close it quietly, and still every second person lets the door slam shut behind them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

People bringing their phone for a walk :mad:

WATCH WHERE YOU'RE F**KING GOING !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People.

They should be tossed back into the firey chasm from whence they came!

• Advertisement

They should be tossed back into the firey chasm from whence they came!

Indeed sir :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement