Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - August 2018.

• 01-08-2018 4:49am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

New month....new thread.

Calm and mostly clear start to August in Dublin 16. 14.3c atm.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

12.1C

Mostly cloudy and breezy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light rain has arrived in Dublin 16. 18.6c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Terrible morning in Galway lashing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dark and warm in Meath.
    Here comes the rain @raintoday.co.uk :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Galway Races track is flooded. Heard there are around 50 people there with sandbags trying to keep the water out for the races at 5. Will likely be cancelled by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

New month, more rain. Fifth of last month's rain already fell today, and still 11 hours left.

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon boundary (inaccurate)
    1 Aug 2018 13:03:25

Temperature (°C):
    Current 14,7
    Trend (per hour) +0,3
    Average today 12,8
    Wind chill 13,4
    Heat Index 14,7
    Dew Point 14,6
    Rel Humidity 99%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 28,1 N
    Average Speed 19,1 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 8,4
    Last hour 7,7
    Total today 21,7
    Total yesterday 13,3
    Total this month 21,7
    Total this year 1188,6

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 988,2
    Trend (per hour) -0,6

www.joujoujou.com/weather

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A brief burst of moderate rain in Dublin 16, but dry again now. 1.0mm from that. 16.4c atm.

Good fall of rain in Dublin City Centre this afternoon.

Some watery sunshine in Dublin 16. 18.6c atm.

Dar and cloudy with heavy drizzle.

15.7C

• Advertisement

18C, dry as my shampoo yet humidity is reaching close to 90%.

Mostly sunny now in Dublin 16. Breezy. 19.3c atm which is also the high for the day (so far).

A real cold breeze sweeps through Dublin City and sends shivers up the spine of many tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭appledrop

5.7mm of rain so far today in North County Dublin. A miserable start to August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Mostly sunny now in Dublin 16. Breezy. 19.3c atm which is also the high for the day (so far).

Where are you getting the sunshine from? It's still cloudy here in Glasnevin, although I do see breaks in the cloud now. 18.5C RH 82% here now.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Where are you getting the sunshine from? It's still cloudy here in Glasnevin, although I do see breaks in the cloud now. 18.5C RH 82% here now.

My Dublin Mountain created sunhole! :) South wind/breeze (over the mountains).

Brighter, drizzle has passed.

16.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

I pause for a brief moment and take a deep breath. Ahhhhh, the moist clean air fills my lungs, provoking a complete sensory epiphany. I am alive. :)

As the sun goes down I am left with the rain of today. The moist splish-splash along the road is a stark reminder of last Winter.

I take a deep breathe and try to focus on the positives, "A red sky at night; a shepherd's delight" I whisper over and over again. Each new stanza is like a breadknife sticking into my lungs, the walking is making me more and more tired.

Finally I reach my home, I open the door, lock it behind myself frantically and check the windows... Nobody followed me; I open my laptop and visit www.boards.ie the same old vBulletin board since 1990s just with new, young faces, and I sit in for yet another 3 hours of discussing the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The high for the day is now 18.6C and there was 1.2mm of rain following a recent shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Third of last month's rain.

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon boundary (inaccurate)
    1 Aug 2018 23:01:04

Temperature (°C):
    Current 15,8
    Trend (per hour) -0,1
    Average today 14,2
    Wind chill 14,5
    Heat Index 15,8
    Dew Point 15,7
    Rel Humidity 99%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 29,4 N
    Average Speed 22,4 N

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 0,0
    Total today 32,9
    Total yesterday 13,3
    Total this month 32,9
    Total this year 1199,8

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 990,3
    Trend (per hour) +0,4

www.joujoujou.com/weather

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

High of 18.9C and currently 17.3C here near Tralee, mild and humid with mist on and off for most of the day.

Low 14.8C

RH 89%
    Wind light SW
    Rain 3.0mm

Bar 1014.1 hPa Rising Slowly

The rain gently drops on my head. I look up to see another drop shooting down... SPLASH! It shoots me right in the eye. I'm temporarily blinded by the water as it seeps into my little eye; permanently blinded by the darkness. Nothing to see, pitch dark, just a red moon in the sky and a drop in my eye oh my eye yes a drop in my eye.

Mild now and eerrily quiet, as I tiptoe off to bed. The weather was fantastic today, I think to myself. There is a heavy quality to the nightly air. It perches on itself with a certain purpose and for a brief moment, time stops. It is as though the only thing on this planet is I and my sole devotion is to that of basking in the glory of these elements. Ah. Delicious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: donaldtramp / Computer Science Student Please read the forum charter before posting in this forum again especially ......

4. Stay on topic.

5. No trolling/goading posts which serve only to aggravate other users.

Meteorology enthusiasts post their observations here and discussion is carried out in various threads on certain topics in the forum in which we ask posters to stay on topic and adhere to Moderator instructions and the forum charter.

donaldtramp / Computer Science have received warnings for trolling.

Trolling will lead to the appropriate action being taken by the Moderator team.

Ridiculous. It should be open to interpretation how one chooses to engage with weather as a subject matter. This thread just got a little bit more lifeless thanks to your intervention. But alas, I will take my narrative elsewhere.

Ridiculous. It should be open to interpretation how one chooses to engage with weather as a subject matter. This thread just got a little bit more lifeless thanks to your intervention. But alas, I will take my narrative elsewhere.

Same. It's pretty ridiculous that we should be warned over posting weather roleplay in a thread about weather roleplay. What's wrong with this.....

Mod Note: donaldtramp and Computer Science Student taking time off for Trolling and in thread discussion of a moderators actions .

Read the Forum Charter.

Partly cloudy.

15.7C

• Advertisement

Partly cloudy in Dublin 16. Mild. 17.5c atm.

Advertisement