Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Much better layout with the cp urban, nice work man. Story with the leather though, did some woodies have that back in the day? I only remember them having metal with a plastic covering, or maybe the arcades I went to weren't posh enough. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Has anyone used these lads before for arcade parts?
    http://www.twistedquarter.com/

Was thinking of getting a line filter, AC cord, fuses and coin mech off them.

Keithgo...did you buy a coin mech for your invaders yet,If so where?
    The site sells one that looks exactly the same but i don't see any dimensions.
    http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_57&products_id=317

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I managed to get the one in mine working, it was in great condition with a clean. I was stumped for ages, couldnt get it to take 10ps consistently. In the end it turned out that the switch in it has the normal 3 connections, earth, Normally open and Normally closed. I had it wired up the way you wire up a normal arcade button, earth and Normally Open. I change the wire to Normally closed, the opposite of what you would normally do and it worked perfect.

Whats up with yours that its not working?

em mine doesnt have any switch or circut coard for coin switch wires from Jamma.
    Maybe I'm just missing a small part.
    If you get a chance can you post a pic of yours Keith (Coin mech that is) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

em mine doesnt have any switch or circut coard for coin switch wires from Jamma.
    Maybe I'm just missing a small part.
    If you get a chance can you post a pic of yours Keith (Coin mech that is) :)

You might need a credit board takes 12v and a1 wire from the jamma loom, should have a few if yr stuck or you could hard wire the coin mech

• Advertisement

Cheers Mitch..yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Ill hit you up if I need one, i really want to get old 10P'S working on the cocktail.

Mine doesnt have a credit board, dont think these had one, ill take a pic now, its a normal switch like on a button but it has a long metal wire on that goes under where the coin drops in, when the coin hits it, the switch registers one credit. only 10ps fit in mine so think thats why you dont need a credit board.

Here are some pics, the front just to compare to whats on yours, think they are similar though.

IMG_8428.jpg

The coin mech, no boards or anything in my one just a simple mech the coin passes through.

IMG_8429.jpg

Then the other side of it, you can see the blue switch here, it has the 3 connections same as any joystick or arcade button, the difference is the long metal wire that goes under to where the coin falls through the mech. when a coin hits it, it adds a credit. this thing doesnt need to be programed or anything, you flick it with your finger and it adds a credit. the thing is only 10ps can fit through, if you put anything else in it comes back out the front of the coin insert when you press the eject button.

IMG_8430.jpg

While were at it,
    any body know how to wire this credit board?
    coin+board.JPG

ahhhh I see..
    God damn it, I'm missing that Micro switch with the metal wire:(

• Advertisement

Yeh and they are near impossible to find the exact one i searched for ages. Ill tell you where you can get one though, off one of the generous members of this forum who ended up with the taito mini cabs i got from cork.

The coin doors on them are the same ones as on these, and each of the cabs had two on them i think. i checked and the microswitches on them are exactly the same too. So if one of the lads isnt planning on using their old coin things they might give you a switch off one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

ahhhh I see..

Would it be hard to craft one out of a big paperclip?

Loop it around the Microswitch terminal perhaps?

The button itself on the switch is in a different position, its on one of the sides as opposed to underneath and its a round thing. from memory i dont think a normal one fits into the groove on the coin mech because the button is underneath and doesnt go past the metal "holder" the switch fits into. if it does fit some suguru and a paper clip might work! i dunno.

keithgeo wrote: »
    The button itself on the switch is in a different position, its on one of the sides as opposed to underneath and its a round thing. from memory i dont think a normal one fits into the groove on the coin mech because the button is underneath and doesnt go past the metal "holder" the switch fits into. if it does fit some suguru and a paper clip might work! i dunno.

Would this do the trick?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Terminals-Long-Steel-Wire-Lever-Momentary-Micro-Switch-AC-250-125V-5A-1NO-1NC-/300976361203

Achilles wrote: »

Afraid not, ive looked at all these before for my one haha, that one wont work because of the position of the round thing with the wire and the 3 connections being on the bottom. it wont fit into the coin mech as the connections need to be on the short side as opposed to the long.

I ended up having to buy a full coin mech form a site in the uk just so i could take the fecking switch off it.

I bought my coin mech from here that had the right switch on it. Product code CN0120 on this page.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I bought my coin mech from here that had the right switch on it. Product code CN0120 on this page.

The link would be handy there alright.

The link would be handy there alright.

Haha would indeed..

http://www.swallowam.co.uk/-coin.htm#S10

Jesus that website looks like it was set up on Geocities.

Pity you had to spend nearly €45 on a replacement mech though.

Is there any kind of part number on the microswitch at all?

Jesus that website looks like it was set up on Geocities.

Pity you had to spend nearly €45 on a replacement mech though.

Is there any kind of part number on the microswitch at all?

Not that i could find, i trawled the internet looking for a replacement for it, i came close a few times but it was never exactly right. I found one but the wire was way too short and the switch alone was 25 euro! So i ended up buying that coin mech just to get the switch off it. I might have one at home because i discovered the taitos had the same ones on them, im not sure though if i still have it because i ended up using the one from that coin mech. I wont be home until friday but ill have a look and if i do ill post one out to Unky chop chop.

• Advertisement

I'd love to pick one of these up:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gamebox-SWP-Skill-with-Prizes-Quiz-Machine-/221299446782?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item33867993fe

Used to love playing the WWTBAM quiz on these in Atari Expo back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,401 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gamebox-SWP-Skill-with-Prizes-Quiz-Machine-/221299446782?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item33867993fe

Ah yeah, those JPM touch screen quiz machines. Were in bars and arcades all over the place for about 10 -15 years.

That's the exact one I used to play lots too, same games. I remember myself and the girlfriend beat that Pepsi Chart Quiz.

ahhhh I see..

i might have 1

i know where there is a few hiding

Cheers Keith/Mitch..
    If either of yous have one give me shout as it would be Shameto have to get new mech due to it.

Much appreciated guys

i know where there is a few hiding

Ahh I wouldn't have the space for it anyway, just a pipe dream.

Might look in to it again if I ever get a house in a few years though.

Tested out the Mortal Kombat boards i got off mitch,

1 MK2 Board seems dead, i get a red light on the board but nothing on screen.

The second MK2 Board seems to work fine, it gave a cmos error the first time, but i left it on for a while and now i dont get the error on power up. ive ordered a new cmos battery anyways.

MK3 Powers up fine too, slight crackling from the sound on it i cant nail down but im sure its probably something stupid im missing.

Cant get any sound out of the sound board even though its powering on, other than a DONG! Noise.. think i might need to pick up another one, though its testing fine in the diagnostics.

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8534.jpg

MK2 Will eventually end up the in the Tekken 3 im converting to MK2 Cab.

Really old school pinball going on adverts at the mo.
    Don't know much about them but it looks like mad money to me!
    http://www.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/arcade-pinball-machine/4236583

ohhh and empty moonbase cocktail the same as i got off Keith..worth a punt?
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/retro-arcade-cabinet-for-sale/4130766

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So....who's going to be getting the Darius Burst of Ronnie

Sgt. Otaku I'm looking in your direction :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,401 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So....who's going to be getting the Darius Burst of Ronnie

Sgt. Otaku I'm looking in your direction :P

It's really amazing looking isnt it? Oh to have the space!

What I really find baffling about that email is again, the crazy price of a mini cab.

It's a gorgeous Neo 19, but it's so expensive that you wouldn't even get two of them for the price of Darius Burst :eek:

Advertisement