Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bike to Work Scheme - overcoming delays?

• 22-10-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My new commute is a horror on public transport and so I need to get myself a bike, quickly. However my employer (large cumbersome organization) tells me it will take six weeks or more for my bike to work application to be processed. According to the bike shops, and the letter of the scheme, I can’t actually get the bike until after my employer goes through all the steps and then pays them directly.

Does anyone know of any way I could get around this delay and still avail of the tax relief? I’d be happy to pay upfront and then be reimbursed but my employer tells me they can’t do this and can only pay the store directly. Does anyone know of any solution to this? Are there suppliers who would be happy to have me pay directly and be refunded when my employer finally pays up / give a credit card guarantee / some other way that I can get my bike now and still benefit from the a tax scheme?

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement