Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

• 04-10-2018 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I can't think of any fun or clever puns for a title but I'm sure a mod will sort that out :D

Link to the old whingefest:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057828798&page=673

Rules here courtesy of Boom Bap that I can't quote for some reason :confused:

Welcome to the newnew Trivial Annoyance thread. Breathe in that new new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - If you were banned from a previous Trivial Things That Annoy You thread, you're also banned from this thread.

Mod- You all better do what Shpud says.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,392 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Intros on YouTube videos. I know what video I'm watching, I'm subscribed to the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that the wifi here can be so dodgy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

kneemos wrote: »
    Intros on YouTube videos. I know what video I'm watching, I'm subscribed to the bloody thing.

And unskippable ads. Especially the Wish one. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Trying to think of a TA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA I have a sore foot. I'm taking tablets to avoid just that so it's a disappointment when a flare happens right after taking the weekly dose (arthritis).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

When you post on a new thread, and forget to set the no email notification setting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Poor syntax.

• When 2pac isn't given no credit, he with the angles xx

Think my phone is on the way out. The annoying thing is that if I buy one over here, I'll have to change my number, and then probably pay a good lot to have it unlocked when I go home. And putting up with it is annoying me, so I don't know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Think my phone is on the way out. The annoying thing is that if I buy one over here, I'll have to change my number, and then probably pay a good lot to have it unlocked when I go home. And putting up with it is annoying me, so I don't know what to do

I order my phones online (Amazon or another site that I forgot the name of), they come unlocked and I just put my SIM in, off I go. I don't do contracts anymore so I sort out my phones myself.

TA: for some reason there are crumbs in bed??? Nobody ever eats here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Buy a cheapy from Argos or an unlocked one from the cash for gold type shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

16 hour headache.... not a migraine thankfully.. but still...
    Rte showing a program on Lyme disease...saw 30 seconds of it..and switched off ...I may or may not know the people on it :rolleyes:

LirW wrote: »
    I order my phones online (Amazon or another site that I forgot the name of), they come unlocked and I just put my SIM in, off I go. I don't do contracts anymore so I sort out my phones myself.

TA: for some reason there are crumbs in bed??? Nobody ever eats here!

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of that! Thank you, I'll have a look there :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can probably find an unlocked one even in shops, it's worth asking - in some countries phones mustn't be locked (unless for exceptional reasons).

(and I've just realised that by the time I'd written this you got three or four other replies already).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

You Annoy Trivially That Things

... backwards are that titles with threads ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA I had to go searching for this thread. Yiz can't hide.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You Annoy Trivially That Things

... backwards are that titles with threads ...

Maybe they've made Yoda into a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe they've made Yoda into a mod.
    I'm trivially annoyed that there isn't a mod called Moda. There's a 'user' called Modamod but they've never even posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,319 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

People who press the button at traffic lights, when they don't want to cross the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I get annoyed when, while I'm walking, I notice my footsteps are in sync with a stranger ahead of me. It gets to the point where I will change my stride, or stop walking altogether so they will eventually be out of sight. I have no idea why this trivial thing annoys me, but it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,319 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I get annoyed when, while I'm walking, I notice my footsteps are in sync with a stranger ahead of me. It gets to the point where I will change my stride, or stop walking altogether so they will eventually be out of sight. I have no idea why this trivial thing annoys me, but it does!

If the person behind you also suffered from this condition, there would be chaos on the footpaths.

Hence the birth of the Ministry of Funny Walks. :cool:

If it happens again, I suggest you start skipping. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

kneemos wrote: »
    Youtube videos that are ruined by stupid background music. I want to hear the people/animals/funny kids, not some sh!tty music :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Went to bed early as I wanted to be up early. But I didn't get to sleep until late, and now, this morning, I couldn't get up in time for my scheduled run. I guess there's always tomorrow, but I hate putting stuff off because then it might not get done at all. :(

Crazy long day ahead of me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

People who press the button at traffic lights, when they don't want to cross the road.

People who hit the button just for the sake of it without gauging if they actually need to. It's their right to safety of course but sometimes a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss. The traffic isn't always busy enough to warrant it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People who repeatedly smack the button thinking that it's going to perform some sort of light changing miracle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My colleague who just told me I should remove my football team's picture from my desk as it may "upset someone" - given that "I saw that famous player is a rapist".

I need to get the f**k out of this job, I'm surrounded by idiots!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    People who repeatedly smack the button thinking that it's going to perform some sort of light changing miracle.

Doesn't it ?

Pish! You'll be telling me next that saying "f**king hurry up lift" doesn't work!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement