Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday 23rd: Potential Storm Discussion

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭pauldry

The system has lost all its energy and only rain in the South will result with a few moderate gusts of wind

Thats the present state of affairs anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

pauldry wrote: »
    The system has lost all its energy and only rain in the South will result with a few moderate gusts of wind

So this?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/meteireann-irish-weather-forecast-dublin-13283604

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pauldry wrote: »

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that the system is now predicted to lose all its energy, rather than it has done so? I know that's a pedantic distinction for us, but it's a big one for most other people and some viewers (who might take it to mean that there's now zero chance of anything bad happening).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Irish Mirror would definitely be the last place I would go looking for any direction regarding the forecast! Nothing much expected now on Sunday by all accounts, picture should be clearer again this evening when the 12z models roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I think this one will be a large rainmaker. Frontal wave-type features like this containing added tropical moisture at this time of the year are not conducive to an enjoyable Sunday stroll. I think there will be a clatter of rain warnings issued for Saturday into Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

1040mb HP over us by Monday lunchtime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

sdanseo wrote: »
    1040mb HP over us by Monday lunchtime :pac:

THANK GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm prepared either way for the ferry crossing on Sunday :eek:

giphy.gif

You'll be grand, I crossed Bay of biscay and across into English Channel on a ship last night and today. Was a nice soothing 4mtr swell that's all but died off now. We're about 27 nautical miles north of Guernsey heading north east and it's very smooth.

Darwin wrote: »
    Irish Mirror would definitely be the last place I would go looking for any direction regarding the forecast! Nothing much expected now on Sunday by all accounts, picture should be clearer again this evening when the 12z models roll out.

I don't think that's fair. Remember they are quoting "weather experts" from various twitter and Facebook accounts. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Reati wrote: »
    I don't think that's fair. Remember they are they are quoting weather experts from various twitter and Facebook accounts. :rolleyes:

Whats particularly funny is the GFS chart they have posted is from Sep 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Sailing to France Sunday evening - is it going to be bad out as sea do you think?

I'd start taking the Dramamine now...

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Sailing to France Sunday evening - is it going to be bad out as sea do you think?

I'd start taking the Dramamine now...

Haha Baked potato and some brown bread does the job onboard here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Reati wrote: »
    You'll be grand, I crossed Bay of biscay and across into English Channel on a ship last night and today. Was a nice soothing 4mtr swell that's all but died off now. We're about 27 nautical miles north of Guernsey heading north east and it's very smooth.
    Actually I'm a frequent sailor (not the right way of putting it in ferry terms ) so I have the sea legs. I have travelled across in December when on one occasion the captain said he'd stay at port another few hours because well it was too rough to leave harbour. 6 hours later he embarked on the journey and I slept through most of the rough stuff.

I actually don't mind the voyage it's the drive to the port I was worried about - am I safe in saying there won't be more trees falling?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Actually I'm a frequent sailor (not the right way of putting it in ferry terms ) so I have the sea legs. I have travelled across in December when on one occasion the captain said he'd stay at port another few hours because well it was too rough to leave harbour. 6 hours later he embarked on the journey and I slept through most of the rough stuff.

I actually don't mind the voyage it's the drive to the port I was worried about - am I safe in saying there won't be more trees falling?

Last major crossing I did was the North Sea in a storm. Was so ill they refused to let me leave until I was checked by the port dr as there had been a typhoid scare...

deeply thankful here for a really quiet peaceful start to the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Just watching BBC weather high pressure building through Sunday from the west, low pressure scooting along the south coast and along the English channel. Looks wet for southern England northern France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Hey wonderong6if you guys could answer a question.. Possibly suited to the aviation forum!
    I have had a flight delayed today due to bad weather.. flying in from lanzarote due to depart at 11am and land approx 15:30.
    I had been checking up here as updates are spot on so I wasn't expecting any delays from weather.

Are they talking out their hoops or is there bad weather en route?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

@NewMrs2b

Does not look like there should be any reason for a delay today (between Canaries and Ireland), but could be delayed as a result of weather where the aircraft is coming from, or, aircraft could be catching up on delays from previous days?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Well, Sunday in the mid-west coast has started bright and golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Beautiful morning here in Cork City. Not a cloud in the sky and about 9 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭alentejo

Where did the Storm go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where's the storm it's beautiful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The word “potential” in the thread title is important here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it hiding or playing possum? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

leahyl wrote: »
    The word “potential” in the thread title is important here....

On that note time to close this thread as the Storm never materialized.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement