Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2020 Checklist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know there's no Rose of Tralee this year but Daithi is after recording a documentary on the Rose of Tralee recently and it will probably air at the time it was meant to be on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, I can't wait to not watch that! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Same :pac:

Posy wrote: »

We might watch it as we normally watch the Roses and get a tub of sweets for it l. However we haven’t watched RTÉ since around the June Bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'd rather watch the angelus on repeat than watch anything rose of tralee related... its just not my bag at all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I'd rather watch the angelus on repeat than watch anything rose of tralee related... its just not my bag at all.

It's something we sort of watch.
    It wasn't watched for years but now we sort of do.
    But it's mainly watched now because we get our first tub of sweets for it.
    The Late Late Show is another story tough.

Speaking of tubs, dunnes in blanch, this week.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

No way!:D Really, already??

PaulT21 wrote: »

I want photographic evidence!

Not already on display, Coming this week, according to my inside source anyway*

*one of the neighbours daughters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

When I first read this I though Ryan was going to be making a guest appearance in Dunnes in Blanch this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Just spotted this on Twitter...amateurs compared to us !

EffZbpQWkAIeIsS?format=png&name=medium

Ah to be fair, that Christmas UK site , twitter & FB account is great, I love following their stuff. Come Sept 16th (100 days from Christmas) they really ramp up & are great for the adverts in particular which to a christmas advert junkie like me is the business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah to be fair, that Christmas UK site , twitter & FB account is great, I love following their stuff. Come Sept 16th (100 days from Christmas) they really ramp up & are great for the adverts in particular which to a christmas advert junkie like me is the business.

Yeah it's a great site I use it all the time, the Twitter feed is great.

Ploughing championships are cancelled :(

Schools return and Sweets in shops are marked off the list. NFL season starts added but will be crossed off in 2 weeks time :P

100 days to go in one of my favorites.

TRS30 wrote: »
    100 days to go in one of my favorites.

Only 2 weeks to go!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Only 2 weeks to go!!

Always say it, once we get into double digits it really starts to pick up a pace, we'll be sat here posting that we're finishing up work for the christmas break & that it really flew in or suchlike... happens every year, I get my own peak build up in November with the adverts & christmas FM launch, then enter 3 weeks of a work whirlwind that almost blots out christmas before we actually finish up. Thankfully with all the extra leave I have this year I'll be finishing up early so can enjoy the week before christmas rather than finish up on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This checklist makes me so sad who would of guessed what was ahead of us when the year started

• Advertisement

Late Late show & NFL starting up can be crossed off, the 100 days can go on Wednesday, into double digits on Thursday folks!!

Late Late show & NFL starting up can be crossed off, the 100 days can go on Wednesday, into double digits on Thursday folks!!

You can almost smell double digits in the air :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nannyq

Double digits today ðŸ‘🎊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had to cancel my holiday to go to my cousins wedding in April due to covid. So instead I just took all my holidays in December. Will be finishing up work late November and not back until like Jan 5th or 6th. Will be a nice break!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, nice. :)

I'm not jealous at all. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

wes wrote: »
    Will be finishing up work late November and not back until like Jan 5th or 6th. Will be a nice break!
    That would be lovely !

Brown Thomas Christmas shop can be crossed off :)

Any word on Symth's catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

TRS30 wrote: »
    Brown Thomas Christmas shop can be crossed off :)

Any word on Symth's catalogue?

Smyths Winter 2020 Catalogue came in the post yesterday! Is that the one for Christmas:confused:

Smyths Winter 2020 Catalogue came in the post yesterday! Is that the one for Christmas:confused:

Thats the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

The smyths catalogue arrived during the week :) and the wrapping paper/cards/gifts are arriving in the shops so thats 2 more steps to mark off the list :D:D

Advertisement