Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

• 02-01-2020 2:34pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think it's fitting of it's own thread, the final peek behind the curtain for 2019.

And the ultimate reveal, the stats for 2019 in it's entirety. As you can see we ended up the year with a fantastic 10,610 posts.

5k7mM9D.jpg

Can we better it in 2020? How can we continue to grow the community? Is 11k our target for 2020 now :eek: :P :pac:
    Post edited by Loughc on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

the increase in post for december is particularly impressive given most posters log off when work finishes on the 21st and wouldn't log on regularly again until January. To see it so close to November when we're at peak build up is what stands out to me.

Maybe i wasn't the only one to carry on posting via my phone during the holiday, normally i'd not bother & catch up in Jan when back in work but this year kept checking in at quiet moments... that or folk where just mad for christmas in the first 3 weeks of December...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Ooh that's impressive. Hope you get a payrise now for that loughc and posy. Additional hookers or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Loughc wrote: »
    I think it's fitting of it's own thread, the final peek behind the curtain for 2019.

And the ultimate reveal, the stats for 2019 in it's entirety. As you can see we ended up the year with a fantastic 10,610 posts.

5k7mM9D.jpg

Can we better it in 2020? How can we continue to grow the community? Is 11k our target for 2020 now :eek: :P :pac:

I think 11k is too small based on those figures and increase in popularity. I’d aim for 15k. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ooh that's impressive. Hope you get a payrise now for that loughc and posy. Additional hookers or whatever.

Hookers? Oh I only get coke, misused hamsters and once in a while a bag full of unmarked small notes....

It still comes nowhere close to clear off my debt.... for spending too much on hookers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I think 11k is too small based on those figures and increase in popularity. I’d aim for 15k. :)

If we could even match last years I'd be happy let alone almost growing by 50% :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This forum is SSSSSOOOOO last week! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

New Home wrote: »
    This forum is SSSSSOOOOO last week! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Permabanned

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But, but, but.... I was contributing to the stats, with my post....

e0e7c6a3fc707bcbbb16d136df4d61e7.jpg

:mad:

Sad-Memes-okay.jpg?resize=415%2C529

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks for the update boss. Great to see things going from strength to strength. Its a great community here and one that I am delight to have taken the plunge and activity joined in.

I took a general online/ social media hiatus from about the 20th till this morning as realised was spending too much time with my head stuck in my phone. Is great to be back though :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    I took a general online/ social media hiatus from about the 20th till this morning as realised was spending too much time with my head stuck in my phone. Is great to be back though :)

It's great to have you back, it's nice to have a social media detox every now and then :)

It's great to have you back, it's nice to have a social media detox every now and then :)

Thanks. Genuinely did missing chatting to you guys however was also nice to get away from phone/ipad/laptop for a few days.

I took a general online/ social media hiatus from about the 20th till this morning as realised was spending too much time with my head stuck in my phone.

I actually spent 99% of my online activity over the break on here, as much as I like it in here thats sad old man territory so have decided to limit my time on the tinterweb & will be trying to put the phone away a lot more in the future. I spend way too much of my free time on it & for my own wellbeing need to back away a bit more.

Whats seldom is wonderful after all!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    I actually spent 99% of my online activity over the break on here, as much as I like it in here thats sad old man territory so have decided to limit my time on the tinterweb & will be trying to put the phone away a lot more in the future. I spend way too much of my free time on it & for my own wellbeing need to back away a bit more.

I tend to go through spells of binging and then not getting time to be on here at all that I enjoy the time I do get to be on here.

I tend to go through spells of binging and then not getting time to be on here at all that I enjoy the time I do get to be on here.

Hmmm, the truth is strong with this one.

Was something that the bester half and I were chatting about on New Years eve. She spends too much time on Instagram and me on Twitter, not posting or anything just following others. So we both decided to cut back and try to do when we are alone, i.e. I check twitter for 10 mins on the train and then book out.

I do most of my posting on here during work time (shhh don't tell the boss:)) so rarely be on in the evening and weekend which I see as family time, either with the kids or me and the missus.

Was something that the bester half and I were chatting about on New Years eve. She spends too much time on Instagram and me on Twitter, not posting or anything just following others. So we both decided to cut back and try to do when we are alone, i.e. I check twitter for 10 mins on the train and then book out.

I do most of my posting on here during work time (shhh don't tell the boss:)) so rarely be on in the evening and weekend which I see as family time, either with the kids or me and the missus.

Similar to myself. I dont post much on twitter these days & tend to use it for sports & news mostly. I pretty much ignore FB & really should just go & delete my account. Instagram is used for putting up family pics only & I only allow family access (family living abroad etc) anyway. So as I said its mostly posting here in this forum in terms of interacting :eek:

Either way will be cutting back in the evenings from now on. If nothing else it might help me sleep better too!

Similar to myself. I dont post much on twitter these days & tend to use it for sports & news mostly. I pretty much ignore FB & really should just go & delete my account. Instagram is used for putting up family pics only & I only allow family access (family living abroad etc) anyway. So as I said its mostly posting here in this forum in terms of interacting :eek:

Either way will be cutting back in the evenings from now on. If nothing else it might help me sleep better too!

That could be me posting that!! Only difference is neither wife or I have a Facebook account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have a Facebook account that I don't use anymore. Think I posted one update last year. :pac:

This social media downtime is great, but don't forget your old chums here in the Christmas forum, okay?! :p

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    This social media downtime is great, but don't forget your old chums here in the Christmas forum, okay?! :p

We're not social media... we're having a chat with auld pals :)

We're not social media... we're having a chat with auld pals :)

Who's round is it?? :D

Who's round is it?? :D

I'll gladly get the first round in! :)

I'll gladly get the first round in! :)

Don't tempt me, a cold pint would go down a treat about now however going to try and stay 'dry' for the whole of Jan.

Small update about half way through the month and already less than 400 posts to go to beating last years target for January. Seems doable :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow!

Posy wrote: »
    Wow!

I should clarify it's the target for January! :P

It's been a long week :(

I should clarify it's the target for January! :P

It's been a long week :(

Suspect we'll smash that out of the park. In fact I predict we'll beat it by 70ish posts.

IIRC we usually keep a decent total for January what with us still winding down from the festivities. Assume it drops off for the summer, but was wondering when do we usually start seeing a dramatic drop off and a below average monthly total?

• Advertisement

IIRC we usually keep a decent total for January what with us still winding down from the festivities. Assume it drops off for the summer, but was wondering when do we usually start seeing a dramatic drop off and a below average monthly total?

Drop off is really noticeable from March to August. It’s a mix of the winter blues are over with spring and holidays are here and people get on with their lives without Christmas.

As soon as the kids go back to school everyone’s mind begins to turn to Christmas and then the shorter evenings people begin to long for it.

Advertisement