Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I’m currently watching/reading/listening to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Listening to the sounds of the 60’s podcast with Tony Blackburn on bbc sounds app. Non stop music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

I'm usually quite late to a lot of the popular tv shows when they're big and i don't have Netflix, so i tend to usually wait until series is completed and buy the complete boxset.

About 6 weeks before Christmas i decided to read Game Of Thrones as never got into it when it was aired, but my dad and brother were fans so i have easy access to both books and dvds. I gave myself a deadline that i'd be finished reading the books by Christmas which i completed in time, up to the most recent one anyway, (i'm a little frustrated that the books aren't finalised now that i've gotten into it). Now that i've finshed the books i'm working my way through the boxset and am finishing up on season 2 at the moment.

Peaky Blinders & Narcos were other shows i never watched but i have the boxsets for them now to binge watch when i complete GOT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To replace my Christmas music playlists and ChristmasFM I spend alot of time listening to podcasts I really recommend Peter Crouch's Podcast, it's a good look behind the scenes of life of a footballer and it's really funny too.

I also recommend Shagged, Married, Annoyed. Chris & Rosie Ramsey, a podcast where a married couple talk and answer dilemmas, pure comedy and very accurate Representation of real married life and not the Hollywood Instagram view of the perfect life.

Speaking of podcasts that reminds me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Speaking of podcasts that reminds me.....

Are you thinking of the can of worm I'm thinking of?? :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the can of worm I'm thinking of?? :D

Scratch that, just seen your other post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Scratch that, just seen your other post.

Yep, it's a brand new can of worms :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Dolly Parton - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

You'er on fire today otnomart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Man that is an solid kick off for the Christmas music. I am jealous but I will hold off

A few minutes ago, Marty Whelan on Lyric FM said it's 94 days to Christmas, and played a teeney, weeney, tiny bit of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.

• Advertisement

A few minutes ago, Marty Whelan on Lyric FM said it's 94 days to Christmas, and played a teeney, weeney, tiny bit of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas.

In fairness Marty has always been a legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was only thinking yesterday on the way home from work in the car, I normally wait until Christmas FM launches before indulging myself and listening to christmas tunes, but have decided this year given the year its been to throw all my old 'traditions' and start everything a little earlier. So will be using advert day (Nov.1st) as my benchmark instead. The fact I was updating my christmas playlists back in July/August may have been an indication the urge was strong this year. I genuinely don't ever remember wanting to fast forward this much through September & October as I do this year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Goo Goo Dolls - This Is Christmas

otnomart wrote: »
    Goo Goo Dolls - This Is Christmas

I was loving this but then one line towards the end kind of made me go 'oh :(' I still like it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

It's far too early for me to start listening to Christmas music but for whoever is or will be here's a playlist on spotify that I compiled last year. Over 5 hours of Christmas, feel free to follow it and enjoy if anyone wants to.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3sLAq1FWFVKwlGGPeAG6zS?si=gKDEvgk1Rres53HOxAlI9g&utm_source=copy-link

from Jingle Jangle Soundtrack
    Usher - This Day (feat. Kiana Ledé)

It's far too early for me to start listening to Christmas music but for whoever is or will be here's a playlist on spotify that I compiled last year. Over 5 hours of Christmas, feel free to follow it and enjoy if anyone wants to.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3sLAq1FWFVKwlGGPeAG6zS?si=gKDEvgk1Rres53HOxAlI9g&utm_source=copy-link

Thats a very decent playlist, have added it for a listen closer to the time anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

DvB wrote: »
    Thats a very decent playlist, have added it for a listen closer to the time anyway.

Cheers. Yeah I will start listening around the 1st of December and will listen to nothing but Christmas music until stephens day ha. This playlist sorts it for me. I just stick it on shuffle for the month, although when I'm in the house I will listen to all my Christmas lps and 45s.

Does anyone here watch American Dad?

The Christmas episodes are amazing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haven't watched it for years, actually!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Haven't watched it for years, actually!

I’m catching up on season 11 onwards and that’s why I’ve stumbled across the Christmas episodes.

Loughc wrote: »
    Does anyone here watch American Dad?

The Christmas episodes are amazing.

Use to watch it all the time, Family Guy as well. Like Posy, not so much recently. Can say I remember the Christmas ones specifically however sure they are pretty funny like most of them.

Use to watch it all the time, Family Guy as well. Like Posy, not so much recently. Can say I remember the Christmas ones specifically however sure they are pretty funny like most of them.

Family Guy I still watch, never took to American Dad.

For my sins I still watch South Park too...

DvB wrote: »
    For my sins I still watch South Park too...

Respect my authority..........

Respect my authority..........

1B53zAX.jpg

I’m VERY late to the show with this. But I’ve started watching taskmaster and it is just pure JOY. I’m just sorry I didn’t start it sooner.

I’m on season 1 episode 5 and I only started it yesterday. Finished schitts creek last week. Gutted it’s over :(

You've only started Taskmaster now?? You ARE late!!

I'm so jealous you're getting to watch for the first time. It's amazing. :D:D

I am currently re-watching a few of the earlier series, there are some classics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Should I be ashamed to ask what's taskmaster? I've never heard of it!
    Love ****ts creek, watched the 1st season and started the 2nd ages ago, got side tracked so going to start all over again.
    Started watching stranger things again, started from the start again as got side tracked again at the start of season 2..

I never got around to season 3 of Stranger Things actually!

Oh, you should check out TM, Mutleyboo- Greg Davies and Alex Horne and a variety of comedians. Great stuff!! Used to be on Dave, but recently moved to channel 4. :)

• Advertisement

Gwen Stefani - "Here This Christmas"

Advertisement