Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outputs on HKC 1070

• 02-07-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Evening all. I've a HKC 1070 panel installed. Can anybody tell me how to programme the outputs. I'd like to switch output one when the panel goes into alarm. And how to get the outputs displayed in the app.
    Thanks advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

ptogher14 wrote: »
    Evening all. I've a HKC 1070 panel installed. Can anybody tell me how to programme the outputs. I'd like to switch output one when the panel goes into alarm. And how to get the outputs displayed in the app.
    Thanks advance

If you go into the outputs menu on the system you can set up the panel outputs.
    What are you looking to trigger from the output?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Thanks for the reply altor. I'm looking to pull in a relay to turn on the outside lights. If I programme this will it automatically appear in the menu on the app?

Thanks for the reply altor. I'm looking to pull in a relay to turn on the outside lights. If I programme this will it automatically appear in the menu on the app?

Is this just when the alarm activates or to turn them on using the app?

Both if that's possible

Both if that's possible

You can set an output as pre-alarm and when the system activates it will trigger the output to turn on the relay.
    This will not show in the output section on the app.
    If you set up another output to lights this will give you the output in the app menu.
    It will allow you control the lights in a none alarm mode.
    Turn on and off plus set the length of time you want to turn the light on for on the app.

• Advertisement

Thanks I'll give that a go altor

Thanks I'll give that a go altor

No problem, any other questions please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You can use the relay to bypass the light switch and alarm will trigger lights. Use can use the internal or external bell outputs as they trigger when the alarm triggers. This way youll have control from the light switch and the alarm will bypass the switch when triggered meaning if you leave the switch off the lights will still come on for alarm events.

Smart lights could also be used. This would allow the lights to come on and off for a schedule and you can have them flash for an alarm event or just stay steady on. Program output as smart lights

That's how it's wired at the moment. I have the relay wired in parallel with the light switch and pir so the relay will override them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparkie77

An old thread I know, but hopefully someone can help...
    I have the HKC SW-1070 and would like to install some flood lights out front (and back) of the house.
    I understand the concept of using a relay to switch on the lights however i'm confused with the outputs:

1. Say the 'light' button on the key panel- what output on the board is that button connected to?
    2. If i were to get this working, can this 'light' configuration be set high automatically when alarm is triggered?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sparkie77 wrote: »

1. Say the 'light' button on the key panel- what output on the board is that button connected to?

You can use any spare output & programme any output as Light.
    Sparkie77 wrote: »
    2. If i were to get this working, can this 'light' configuration be set high automatically when alarm is triggered?

Many thanks.

You can just take another negative from the bell output or another output programmed as bell or alarm.

Thanks Koolkid.
    How would you wire the light exactly...
    One wire from say Output 1 and the second wire from?
    Can you also explain “take another negative”?
    Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Say your using a relay with a 12vdc coil.
    Permanent + to one side of the coil. - from output to the other.
    Neutral straight to light . Live through C & NO contacts of the relay.
    Bell - can be another input into coil -.

Sound. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dermotx

Hi. I want to program output 1 or 2 to go high and turn on a relay which controls my camera when the alarm is ARMED. So when alarm is armed output is high and when alarm is unset output is low.

I presume programmable outputs is the way to do this but I can't figure out how to get at programmable outputs in the output menu. I go to 7.6.2 Output Options but can't change anything or see what output I'm trying to change. ArmDisarm doesn't appear.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Regards
    Dermot D

dermotx wrote: »
    Hi. I want to program output 1 or 2 to go high and turn on a relay which controls my camera when the alarm is ARMED. So when alarm is armed output is high and when alarm is unset output is low.

I presume programmable outputs is the way to do this but I can't figure out how to get at programmable outputs in the output menu. I go to 7.6.2 Output Options but can't change anything or see what output I'm trying to change. ArmDisarm doesn't appear.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Regards
    Dermot D

Go Into outputs menu, panel outputs.
    1 and 2 are programmable. Select and scroll.
    Latch would be the best output to use as it is 0V when off but switches to 12V when you enter your user code then back to 0v once system has been unset.

Thanks a million for that. It worked great, output 1 is 0v when unset but is just 0.6v when alarm is armed.

It still solves my problem but I'll have to use a little ingenuity to get 0.6v to trigger a relay. Maybe a comparator or microcontroller.

Thanks again

Thanks a million for that. It worked great, output 1 is 0v when unset but is just 0.6v when alarm is armed.

It still solves my problem but I'll have to use a little ingenuity to get 0.6v to trigger a relay. Maybe a comparator or microcontroller.

Thanks again

It should be more than that.
    Have you tried it without replay attached?

Hi. I presume you mean "relay" attached? The relay is not attached and I have tried ouput 1 and 2.

Regards
    Dermot

Hi. I presume you mean "relay" attached? The relay is not attached and I have tried ouput 1 and 2.

Regards
    Dermot

What way have you wired the relay from output?

• Advertisement

I haven't wired the relay to the board at all. I thought I should get the 13v by measuring from ground to output 1 or 2 without anything attached. I agree with you that there is something amiss because 0.5v is a strange out put. You'd expect something like 3v or 5v or 12v.

I haven't wired the relay to the board at all. I thought I should get the 13v by measuring from ground to output 1 or 2 without anything attached. I agree with you that there is something amiss because 0.5v is a strange out put. You'd expect something like 3v or 5v or 12v.

Connect positive to the positive on aux power.
    Connect negative to output 1 or 2.

Also, I've checked other outputs with my meter and get 13v so meter is working correctly.

Sorry, i didn't notice your reply before I sent my reply about the meter.

I'm not clear on what you mean.

"Connect positive to the positive on Aux Power". Aux Power is reading 13v and you want me to connect a positive 13v to it?

"Connect negative to output 1 or 2". The negative from where, ground I presume?

Am I to make these connections when the system is set or unset?
    If the system is set and I connect the 0.6v output to negative or ground I'm afraid I could damage something?

Sorry I'm obviously reading this wrong.

Sorry, i didn't notice your reply before I sent my reply about the meter.

I'm not clear on what you mean.

"Connect positive to the positive on Aux Power". Aux Power is reading 13v and you want me to connect a positive 13v to it?

"Connect negative to output 1 or 2". The negative from where, ground I presume?

Am I to make these connections when the system is set or unset?
    If the system is set and I connect the 0.6v output to negative or ground I'm afraid I could damage something?

Sorry I'm obviously reading this wrong.

Yes take a positive off the 12V supply.
    The negative will be off output 1 or 2.

Thanks for that.

Ok. I momentarily connected the battery positive to Aux Power positive and the battery negative to Output 1 firstly with system unarmed and the Output 1 is now reading 0.5v when unarmed and 0v when armed; a reversal of what I was getting before.

I also momentarily made the connections when the system was armed but this didn't change anything.

Regards
    Dermot

I was able to set Output 1 back to 0v when unarmed and 0.5v when armed by going into 7.1 and changing the- to +.

Thanks for that.

Ok. I momentarily connected the battery positive to Aux Power positive and the battery negative to Output 1 firstly with system unarmed and the Output 1 is now reading 0.5v when unarmed and 0v when armed; a reversal of what I was getting before.

I also momentarily made the connections when the system was armed but this didn't change anything.

Regards
    Dermot

Connect the positive of your meter to the positive of the 12V supply beside keypad terminals.
    Now connect the negative of the meter to output 1 or 2.
    If you trigger the relay by using the output tests you can see if you are getting 13V.

If above is not working id advise getting a installer to set this up for you.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Problem is solved. When unarmed I get 13v between Aux+ and Output 1. When armed I get 0.5v between Aux+ and Output 1. This is enough to power a 12v relay.

Thanks again.

Regards
    Dermot

• Advertisement

Post #11
    Can the lights button on the panel control on output?
    Or does it just turn in the panel lights?

Advertisement