Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend a good employment solicitor in Dublin or advise on this

• 07-07-2020 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi All
    Was hoping to get some advice and direction on this please
    I work for a large global multinational for close to 6 years, I have an unblemished work record and have had 3 promotions in 5 years,

This company have offices all over the world , lately there has been talk of closing most of the European bases and using their flagship office in Madrid.
    So yesterday I had the dreaded call with HR on this, Well, in fact, my manager set up a call with me and then all of a sudden senior management just joined the call I was not prepared for that, they stated that they are closing the Dublin office in the next 3 months and I was being made redundant
    I’m not sure if this applies to me or if this is legal or can be done based on the below:
    • I actually work remotely from home already and obviously have done more extensively for the past 4 months – So I don’t feel I need and office ?
    • I am the only one in my company they have employed to work the Turkish and Israeli market I’m fluent in Hebrew and Turkish so I’m the only one who deals with these clients.

They offered me a relocation to the Madrid office but that’s just not feasible for me

Can a company declare radiancy when you very rarely use an office ?
    What would you recommend any advise is helpful

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement