Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Licence to Sell Alcohol

Options
  • 29-04-2011 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I intend to start a new business but I'm unsure about the whole alcohol licence issue. Ideally I would like to set up a gastro-pub type venture but the pub licence cost is prohibitive at this stage. I know I could apply for a wine licence or a full restaurant bar licence but this restricts the sale of alcohol to patrons who are eating food. Whilst this in itself is fine, I'm afraid that it might discourage a lot of people from coming into the place because they would have to buy food in order to have a drink. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I aim for the restaurant drinks licence to begin with and over time (hopefully) aim to have enough money to purchase a full pub licence?

A couple of other things; if I was to just lease the premises to another party is it up to me to fit it out in terms of say the commercial kitchen, interior etc?

I have planning permission for a premises to seat approx. 40 patrons. How much of the interior space do you think should be dedicated to the kitchen area e.g. 20%, 30%, 50%? The menu would be comprised of fairly simple, straight forward bar food meals...I think.

Thanks in advance for any advice. This is pretty urgent so I would greatly appreciate any helpful suggestions. I know quite a bit about pubs but very little about restaurants/cafes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Hi Tristan. I have the same questions you had in March.
    I was wondering did you open your place, and how did you resolve the alcohol license issue.

Best regards.

Shay

Advertisement