Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[Ps3] Tricks and tips

• 28-08-2009 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Good Tips and Tricks for TES IV:Oblivion. Glitches/ Easter Eggs/ General Tips:D:D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

A glitch that really pi*ses me off in the GOTY edition on the ps3 is that if you become a vampire and try and go on the quest for the cure that f**king old woman won't recognise that you have blood grass on you.
    It ruined a perfecly good level 28 character for me.. :(

I'm trying to think of other things now... strangely I can't, seeing as I devoted so much time to the thing. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JoeDaToon

its a b*lls alrite. A good glitch on the other hand is the infinite money glitch.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JoeDaToon wrote: »
    its a b*lls alrite. A good glitch on the other hand is the infinite money glitch.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You mean the duplicating items cheat? That's pretty sweet alright. ;) If you have a good weapon or item on you then you can make a lot of moolah. :D Although I tend not to use it because it kinda spoils the game for me. What's this about an infinite money glitch? Or do you mean the scroll one?

Theres a guy that lives in the talos plaza district of the imperial city called dowen or something. if you paralyze him and then pickpockey him quickly no matter how much you take from him his money doesnt fully run out and you can stay there doing that all day if you want:D:D:D[ps if u bribe him first its easier. thats wat i did.][pps i have 6 million thanks to this glitch]:D

Theres a guy that lives in the talos plaza district of the imperial city called dowen or something. if you paralyze him and then pickpockey him quickly no matter how much you take from him his money doesnt fully run out and you can stay there doing that all day if you want:D:D:D[ps if u bribe him first its easier. thats wat i did.][pps i have 6 million thanks to this glitch]:D

I've heard about that cheat alright but tbh I've never been arsed to try it. :p I might give it a go someday for the craic. :pac:
    6 MILLION!?! :eek: Jesus Christ what could you POSSIBLY do with 6 million septims?!? Someone must have a load of free time?:P :D

• Advertisement

its the summer holidays:p its a very addictive game though. i buy stuff and just put it in drawers. im gonna clean out every shop:D its extremely handy. whats your best sword?

its the summer holidays:p its a very addictive game though. i buy stuff and just put it in drawers. im gonna clean out every shop:D its extremely handy. whats your best sword?

Well, there is f**k all to do in the summer holidays unless you can find a job (the best I could get was picking strawberries for a guy who was practically a slave driver :rolleyes:) but still .... 6 MILLION. JESUS. :P I buy nothing in the game apart from hammers and things I occasionaly need, I'm a fierce stinge. :p Ya know in the Shivering Isles you get that sword from Xedillian? From 6am to 6pm it's Dawnfang and after dusk it's Duskfang. That's my main weapon of choice. If not that I use Umbra or my perfect amber/ madness swords a lot. :) How bout you?

i cant get umbra:(:(:(:( my game is mightily bugged:(:(:(:( every time i go into the dungeon place it freezez:(:(:( i use shadowrend. its the second best sword in the game and pretty much rocks:D:D:D i must get a good bow though. tbh ruins edge is craaaaaaaaaap.

i cant get umbra:(:(:(:( my game is mightily bugged:(:(:(:( every time i go into the dungeon place it freezez:(:(:( i use shadowrend. its the second best sword in the game and pretty much rocks:D:D:D i must get a good bow though. tbh ruins edge is craaaaaaaaaap.

I've never heard of that happenig before. Are you sure it's not a scratch on the disk or your ps3? Do you have the 80 gig or the 60 gig one? The 60 gig one is notoriously buggy. :/ Shadowrend ... I don't know why but I can't place it. Is it from a deadric quest?? :confused: Ugh I find Marksmanship to be a pain in the ass tbh. Maintaining a steady amount of good arrrows is hard to do. + Good enchanted bows are pretty hard to come by. :/ Do you use Magic in it much? I dipped my toe in and out of it but can never make aproper mage character... It just doesn't feel right to me.

nah it jus freeses. it also happens in the fighters guild. 80 gig. you get after you complete lady of paranoia in tsi. im crap at maigic but i discovered if you go to a alter of spellmaking and make a spell thats really low power [eg bound dagger 1 sec] and cast it a lot[ a helluva lot] your conjuration/destruction/illusion goes up really quickly. i got from 8 in conjuration to 26 in about 2 minutes and the best bit is its not even a cheat!!!

• Advertisement

nah it jus freeses. it also happens in the fighters guild. 80 gig. you get after you complete lady of paranoia in tsi. im crap at maigic but i discovered if you go to a alter of spellmaking and make a spell thats really low power [eg bound dagger 1 sec] and cast it a lot[ a helluva lot] your conjuration/destruction/illusion goes up really quickly. i got from 8 in conjuration to 26 in about 2 minutes and the best bit is its not even a cheat!!!

Jesus that's odd. :| My game freezes from time to time but never that much. :eek: I'm going OT here, but do you have Fallout3? That freezes waaaaaaay more often then Oblivion for me, it's a right pain in the hole. :( They're both made my Bethesda so maybe it's the way they programme the game. :/ Then again they're both pretty huge worlds so bugs kinda have to be expected I suppose. :P When does it freeze with the FG for you? Aaah but that's only when you're a lower level. :p When your skill becomes better in Conjuration (like all skills) it becomes harder to increase it's level. Although a good trick with Magic is to hold out your shield when you're casting spells like bound dagger. :) It makes spell casting a bit faster. :D

its a b*ll*cks!!!:D Youve gotta love the adoring fan for sheer annoyingness and devotion. [BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA!!!!!] i have a house just filled with adoring fan corpses. its brilliant. he keeps coming back u see. nah i used to but i didnt like it. :( tesV is comin out in 2010. i think its about skyrim

its a b*ll*cks!!!:D Youve gotta love the adoring fan for sheer annoyingness and devotion. [BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA!!!!!] i have a house just filled with adoring fan corpses. its brilliant. he keeps coming back u see. nah i used to but i didnt like it. :( tesV is comin out in 2010. i think its about skyrim

I've seen some quality videos on yt of people making good use of him :D (i.e, killing him!) I usually ditch him outside the arena, I'm ever so important and busy in TES doing hero ish things. :p Same here, it does take a while to get into. :/ I never really statred liking it til after a few months, but once you get into it it's really good. :) I've heard the rumours all right but the manager of Bethesda released a press statement a month or two ago that there won't be any new elder scrolls for a while. :(:( Then again they're always saying crap like that. :rolleyes: They love messing with TES fans heads. :P
    Btw, what race is your character?

Kajiiit. thers a great vid on utube about how 2 get goldbrand by the devil 1992. goldbrands like the 3rd best sword in the game so its worth your while:p wat race are u?

Kajiiit. thers a great vid on utube about how 2 get goldbrand by the devil 1992. goldbrands like the 3rd best sword in the game so its worth your while:p wat race are u?

Pfft Goldbrands easy to get :p A quick fight with those feckers in his realm and bam! here's your sword. I use it every now and then, but not often.
    I've been just about everything if you add up all the characters I've created over the years. Although my current/ longest running one is a nord who's level 38. It's a bitch to level up more when nearly all your skills are maxed out. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Pick Alchemy as one of your major skills. Once you possess a mortar & pestle, you can convert ingredients into potions. You can either buy ingredients or nick them anywhere in the world from plants, houses etc, and convert them to potions. Your port of call will be to visit an alchemist and buy all his cheap ingredients and stick to buying ingredients less than 5 septims when your alchemy skill is low, as anything higher, you'll risk selling at a loss. Also, stick to buying abundant ingredients like potatoes, tomatoes, and any real-life ingredient, because they're cheap and easiest to mix with others. At lower levels of your Alchemy skill (and mercantile skill contributes to the price you're offered buying or selling), you buy or find two or three ingredients to make one potion and you'll only come out with a 1-10 septim net profit on each potion.

As you progress in Alchemy, and you will quickly advance in level from creating all the potions, your net profit will increase. Eventually, once your alchemy is 100, you'll be able to create a potion from one ingredient, and it's basically a license to press coins.

The added benefits of earning money through this method is that stolen ingredients are cleaned when used to create a potion, and the 'stolen' property of the item isn't transferred to the potion; so, you can sell the potion created by 'stolen' ingredients to normal vendors. And, at higher or the highest level of alchemy, ingredients have a better weight/value ratio than most items in the game.

I prefer using this method than using money glitches to earn. Although, sometimes for difficulty, I avoid using this strategy, because it is a bit easy.

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Pick Alchemy as one of your major skills. Once you possess a mortar & pestle, you can convert ingredients into potions. You can either buy ingredients or nick them anywhere in the world from plants, houses etc, and convert them to potions. Your port of call will be to visit an alchemist and buy all his cheap ingredients and stick to buying ingredients less than 5 septims when your alchemy skill is low, as anything higher, you'll risk selling at a loss. Also, stick to buying abundant ingredients like potatoes, tomatoes, and any real-life ingredient, because they're cheap and easiest to mix with others. At lower levels of your Alchemy skill (and mercantile skill contributes to the price you're offered buying or selling), you buy or find two or three ingredients to make one potion and you'll only come out with a 1-10 septim net profit on each potion.

As you progress in Alchemy, and you will quickly advance in level from creating all the potions, your net profit will increase. Eventually, once your alchemy is 100, you'll be able to create a potion from one ingredient, and it's basically a license to press coins.

The added benefits of earning money through this method is that stolen ingredients are cleaned when used to create a potion, and the 'stolen' property of the item isn't transferred to the potion; so, you can sell the potion created by 'stolen' ingredients to normal vendors. And, at higher or the highest level of alchemy, ingredients have a better weight/value ratio than most items in the game.

I prefer using this method than using money glitches to earn. Although, sometimes for difficulty, I avoid using this strategy, because it is a bit easy.
    My friend did that and he got on well ye. if you complete allies for bruma in the main quest [if u get help from every city] they erect a statue of you in bruma. its pretty cool:D:D:D

NeoKubrick wrote: »

I usually choose alchemy as a major skill but I find it gets kind of boring tbh. :/ It's a great way to make money and level up but in all fairness it's not the most exciting skill. :P

My friend did that and he got on well ye. if you complete allies for bruma in the main quest [if u get help from every city] they erect a statue of you in bruma. its pretty cool:D:D:D

Depending on what kind of armour you have though it can look pretty weird. I think it put the grey cowl of Nocturnal on the statue of me before and it looked .. well, weird. :pac:

i had full daedric armour on except for the gray cowl. it looked pretty deformed. duskfang looks deadly in stone form but i had a bow:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement