Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch bikes

• 13-11-2005 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all,
    Does anyone know where I might find a Dutch style ladies bike? Do you know of any dealers of Batavus, Azor or Monark? Hope someone can help!
    Thanks
    a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I will be honest: I spent more a less half a year looking for a dutch bike. The closese you can get is an old Raleigh. There is a Gazelle dealer in the UK but it is not worth spending that money when the bicycle will be damaged by the first group of teenagers that walk by.

If you are thinking of an oma fiest, I would also advise you to go for one with three gears as Dublin is not as flat as Holland.

Other option is to travel to Holland and bring it on the plane for €25 with Aer Lingus.

Good luck ermee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try Square Wheel Cycleworks ?
    Temple Lane, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 - 6790838

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fingalgirl

I think I might buy it from a German eBay seller, i found one that posts to Ireland for 50€. the search terms you're looking for are Hollandrad, Damenrad (ladies bike), Herrenrad (Men's bike); the most famous brand is Gazelle as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Wolfe Cycles in Kimmage stock Pashley bikes:

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/princess-classic.html

They had the mens version of the above last time I was in.

OK, it's an English bike rather than a Dutch bike but you get the idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

Claud wrote:
    I think I might buy it from a German eBay seller, i found one that posts to Ireland for 50€. the search terms you're looking for are Hollandrad, Damenrad (ladies bike), Herrenrad (Men's bike); the most famous brand is Gazelle as far as I know.

50€ is not a bad price for shipping. FWIW I got my Dutch Gazelle from this UK outfit: http://www.cycle-heaven.co.uk/gazelle.html

Their web page says that they don't ship overseas, but they did for me some years ago, so it might be worth asking if they still ship to ROI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

http://www.amsterdammers.co.uk/new.htm do Bravatus and send to Ireland

http://www.thecycleshop.uk.com/dutch_bicycles/dutch_cycles.html
    do dutch bikes cheaply and they ship to Ireland (P&P steep though at £75)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

www.velorution.biz in London stock various urban bikes, including the Pashley Roadster. I think they do the Azor and the Monark too.

They also have their own bike, called the scorcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John_No1

afm wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know where I might find a Dutch style ladies bike? Do you know of any dealers of Batavus, Azor or Monark? Hope someone can help!
    Thanks
    a

Retro Rider are specialized dutch bike importer.

Have a look at www.retrorider.eu. alteratively go to Dun Loghaire market on a sunday where we have the bikes on display and show models sold off

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Further to skidpatches reference to www.velorution.biz, I've dealt happily with them.

Another option is http://www.workcycles.com/workbike/ though obviously that means importing from the continent.

The other option of course, is to get a cheap flight to 'THE CONTINENT' and cycle one back. Good enough reason to buy one in the first place to my mind.

DFD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hvg001

BSP, dutch bikes manufactured in Holland are widely available in the UK and Ireland.
    Look for dealers on www.bsp-bikes.ie. Same quality as any old Dutch brands and less expensive.When buying on the continent or from the UK can be a bit of a problem. Think of your entitled service and waranty as you will have to ship the bike back again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevin2wheels

I am a cycle retailer called 2wheels in Sandymount, we have gazelle dutch bikes that retail at the same price as in holland. They arent up on the website yet but we have models on the floor for viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

www.dutchbike.co.uk quoted me €40 delivery to Ireland and lower prices than their quoted Sterling prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Hi Kevin2wheels, how much would a ladies dutch bike cost? do you have any pics you could post up?
    Also anyone have experience with that dutchie website?The bikes look good.

Advertisement