Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2019, 22:51   #301
tnegun

That might be it only saw it a couple of times and was usual green on the outside but could of been in the middle of being restored to or from one of all over adverts.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 19:44   #302
Csalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnegun View Post
Really enjoy this thread, thanks for posting the pics! Quick question I travelled a lot on the 65 in the 90's and very ocassionally a KD would turn up on the route and break down climbing the Embankment or at least need a 30 min rest stop to cool off! Am I remembering properly did some of these have blue seating? I remember one standing out as it had blue seating and was very unusual at the time as the rest had green.
I am told KD 1 was delivered with blue seats. The VanHools and Atlanteans had blue seats too.
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 23:25   #303
tnegun

Actually I had assumed it was a KD, I hadn't realised the VanHools and Atlanteans lasted into the 90's too so was likely one of those. The 65 was mostly operated by RH/RA back then so it was a pleasnt suprise when something else showed up.
17-01-2019, 19:22   #304
Csalem

It is 2013 and the 41X is a busy little bus route. DT 6 and GT 45 are seen on D'Olier Street, both with a 41X to UCD Belfield. The 41X is one of a number of Xpresso routes operated by Dublin Bus. These routes operate in the peak hours only (mostly) and have limited stops. They are designed to be faster versions of the regular routes that serve the same areas. The one version that sort of goes beyond the peak hour limitation is the 84X to Newcastle. The 41X connects Swords with the City Centre and UCD Belfield. For a lot of its journey to the city centre it uses the M1 and Dublin Port Tunnel. That latter routing caused some controversy earlier this century when private operator Swords Express objected to Dublin Bus using the tunnel, but that was later resolved. In more recent times the 41X has been extended beyond Swords Manor to the new housing development at Knocksedan.
Although GT 45 is still with Dublin Bus, DT 6 was withdrawn in 2017 along with the rest of the Dennis Tridents. 17/01/2013

Throwback Thursday (158) by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion