Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Does she own the rights to her name or would she have to change to using her real name if she left.

Vince can be spiteful.

Walking Tall starring Ashley Fliehr.

She was Ashley Flair in WCW so I guess she could keep the Flair name.
    She filed a trademark recently for Ashley Flair iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess same way Sasha used her real name for Mando. Like anyone who watches the show for Charlotte will know who she is anyway. True, they wouldn't be able to advertise her as Charlotte for those who didn't know she would be in a tv series, but maybe slowly integrate her real name into the shows somehow. Have Ric or someone refer to her as Ashley or have her give one of those speeches for some reason where she says "This is Ashley talking"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess same way Sasha used her real name for Mando. Like anyone who watches the show for Charlotte will know who she is anyway. True, they wouldn't be able to advertise her as Charlotte for those who didn't know she would be in a tv series, but maybe slowly integrate her real name into the shows somehow. Have Ric or someone refer to her as Ashley or have her give one of those speeches for some reason where she says "This is Ashley talking"

So you want her to essentially break the 4th wall?

I can't think of specific instances but when someone get all serious and would say something like "this isn't Charlotte Flair talking to Sasha Banks. This is Ashley Fliehr talking to Mercedes Varnado". Or we had the Phil Brooks to Paul Levesque line.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,338 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Damien Priest has potential to be something on the main roster but by god to see him on a Wrestlemania graphic alongside people who have been world champions is just all kinds of wrong.

It's indicative of the problems they've been having for so long. They can't or won't build new stars but pluck their chosen few from obscurity and put them front and centre.

Is his sidekick Bunny performing?

I think Cesaro vs. Rollins could tear it up and be the match of WM hopefully with Cesaro going over and getting a push for a world title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Titus O'Neil likes tweet bashing WWE for having Hulk Hogan host WrestleMania 37

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-titus-o-neil-likes-tweet-bashing-wwe-hulk-hogan-host-wrestlemania-37

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A bit of talent will be on the sidelines at mania but half expecting them to add multi man matches for both the US title and IC titles to fill the gaps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

While it’s prob the best match on paper and certainly the best built match of mania make no mistake Bryan was only added to the Reigns Edge match to take the pin.

I'd have to agree with Vince that Edge looks old and very haggard despite physical looking really good for someone of his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

In another world, in another universe, in another reality Kevin Steen and El Generico are headlining Wrestlemania after years of carefully crafted build.

Loughc wrote: »
    While it’s prob the best match on paper and certainly the best built match of mania make no mistake Bryan was only added to the Reigns Edge match to take the pin.

Is Daniel retiring, seems to be speculation on line he is

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In another world, in another universe, in another reality Kevin Steen and El Generico are headlining Wrestlemania after years of carefully crafted build.

Yes completely agree with this. Instead we get a thrown together match at the last minute and both have a serious perma-midcard stink about them.

While I don’t agree with everything you post you hit the nail on the head when you said pro wrestling isn’t hard. With the roster WWE had available to it over the years it should be lightyears ahead of all other promotions.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Daniel retiring, seems to be speculation on line he is

I think that came about with the whole hall of fame think under his name on the network. It seems it was a genuine error.

If he was retiring I’d love for him to win the universal championship and go out on a high.

Sami & KO could have the match of WM if they are given 15/20 minutes and free creative for their match.

However this is the WWE so they will have 7 minutes and having every second of the match over produced.

Whos going off the pirate ship ??

Shane one night and KO the next ?

Sami & KO could have the match of WM if they are given 15/20 minutes and free creative for their match.

However this is the WWE so they will have 7 minutes and having every second of the match over produced.

Except Sami’s cameraman to get more focus than the match itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes completely agree with this. Instead we get a thrown together match at the last minute and both have a serious perma-midcard stink about them.

While I don’t agree with everything you post you hit the nail on the head when you said pro wrestling isn’t hard. With the roster WWE had available to it over the years it should be lightyears ahead of all other promotions.

I think that's what annoys me most. You see the roster, you know the potential and the money they've pumped into developmental and what they deliver is so far below expectations. I mean I'd love it if WWE was great, it's the most popular and accessible wrestling company on earth, I root for it to be good. But damn I've been burned too many times.

The KO/Sami match being thrown onto the card just made me a bit sad. Happy that they've got a featured match at Mania, happy they get to work together on the biggest stage, but knowing what it could have been if even a 10th of the effort was put into it that it deserves is infuriating.

I'd have to agree with Vince that Edge looks old and very haggard despite physical looking really good for someone of his age.

What age is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What age is he?

Edge is 47.

• Advertisement

Dave reporting that the WWE will now have Logan Paul as part of the Sami vs KO match.

So they get there WM moment with one of the biggest A holes on the planet and guy that made light of a suicide victim while in Japan.

Yeah definitely don't think I'm their target demographic anymore.
    I know he's a famous youtuber or Twitch person and that's it. About as much interest to me as "influencers"

Dave reporting that the WWE will now have Logan Paul as part of the Sami vs KO match.

So they get there WM moment with one of the biggest A holes on the planet and guy that made light of a suicide victim while in Japan.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah definitely don't think I'm their target demographic anymore.
    I know he's a famous youtuber or Twitch person and that's it. About as much interest to me as "influencers"

No idea who he is either :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No idea who he is either :o

Professional troll/YouTube "personality".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I did a piece on the two brothers as they are making their way into the fight game if anyone is interested. Logan Paul is big business whatever way you look at it.

https://scoreline.ie/who-are-logan-and-jake-paul-and-why-are-they-trying-to-fight-mayweather-and-mcgregor/

Braun Strowman vs Shane Mcmahon match will be inside a steel cage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sirsok wrote: »
    I did a piece on the two brothers as they are making their way into the fight game if anyone is interested. Logan Paul is big business whatever way you look at it.

https://scoreline.ie/who-are-logan-and-jake-paul-and-why-are-they-trying-to-fight-mayweather-and-mcgregor/

Logan Paul vs KSI was the worst boxing match in the history of time - I have less than zero interest in him at WM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Logan Paul vs KSI was the worst boxing match in the history of time - I have less than zero interest in him at WM!

It wasn't supposed to be a real boxing fight though in reality

It was basically a white collar boxing event no matter how else they try and market it, not many white collar boxers will get training with Floyd Mayweathers gym but the point stands!

I was into it as someone who'd been watching KSI on youtube for years at that point, but unfortunately I'm proving myself as an example of the crossover which is the appeal of Logan Paul to WWE and any of them to these boxing events

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hope Logan Paul gets the MGK treatment from KO.

nXLETm.gif

No interest in Paul myself, but sure look, I know why hes there and he makes sense.

Im interested in how they kick off teh show..... will a McMahon be the first person we see live at an event with fans back..... Im betting yes and its Steph.

I wonder watch match opens it too. Im betting Drew v Bobby to open and Sasha v Belair to close, though both feuds are lacking IMO

• Advertisement

I think Roman Reigns Vs. Edge Vs. Daniel Bryan will be the last match, the main event

Advertisement