Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

6 nations preview on virgin media 1 at 11pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

6 nations preview on virgin media 1 at 11pm tonight.

Too late. I'll be away to sleep by then and its SD only here in the north anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

For whatever reason, I'm finding it very hard to get enthused for this years competition. Normally Six Nations opening Saturday is one of my favourite days of the year, but what with the no crowds, I think, I'm just not as into it as I normally am.

Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

For whatever reason, I'm finding it very hard to get enthused for this years competition. Normally Six Nations opening Saturday is one of my favourite days of the year, but what with the no crowds, I think, I'm just not as into it as I normally am.

Anyone else the same?

Nope I can't wait! Not much joy out there right now so this is a big bonus. Only downer is the amount of sunday games we have, but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Anyone else the same?

With no atmosphere in the stadium/pubs/streets etc., there will be more emphasis on the rugby itself. I just hope we get some attractive games.

• Advertisement

Anyone else the same?

It's not the lack of crowds which is making a bit more dour for me. It's the downward curve of Ireland along with the constant chopping and changing of the calendar making the games feel more meaningless. We saw a lot of these match ups very recently with the autumn nations. But will still watch it all. I'm at 8/10 rather than 10/10 in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Anyone else the same?

I cant wait, although nothing beats being there we can look forward to enjoying some great competitive rugby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Josh Adams released from Welsh training camp and suspended for first two Six Nations matches for breach of COVID-19 protocols.

https://twitter.com/WelshRugbyUnion/status/1357029878328156162

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Josh Adams, you plonker: https://www.wru.wales/2021/02/adams-released-by-wales-for-protocol-breach/

He could have caused an outbreak and ruined the tournament.

At this stage if there isn't Welsh drama before a tournament is it really a tournament at all!

Personally can't wait for the six nations. People seem incredibly down this lockdown and the Six nations will help get us all through February. Saturday late afternoon with a cold beer for England v Scotland sounds great to me personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Lancher

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Thats your take on it. Personally I prefer going to the pub to watch a match. Don't have to worry about the weather, easier to get a drink and food or go go to the bathroom (and you don't have some wanker complaining about the fact you are moving during the match) and you can see more of the action. Alweays found the atmosphere to be great as well. I love 6 Nations weekends. Its not going to be the same this year.

Either in the stadium or the pub, could you not sit down for an hour without going to the bar/jacks and watch the bloody game!!

At this stage if there isn't Welsh drama before a tournament is it really a tournament at all!

Personally can't wait for the six nations. People seem incredibly down this lockdown and the Six nations will help get us all through February. Saturday late afternoon with a cold beer for England v Scotland sounds great to me personally.

It's a lukewarm start to the Championship. The two Saturday games aren't competitive on paper and while Ireland vs Wales should be close, both sides had a poor autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

It's a lukewarm start to the Championship. The two Saturday games aren't competitive on paper and while Ireland vs Wales should be close, both sides had a poor autumn.

I think you might be mistaken there.

You don’t know what your going to get with France and there is an element of rebuilding about Italy. The way France are playing is brilliant to watch also.

England have some issues, injury, suspension and lack of gametime affecting some key members of their team like Marler, Mako, Lawes, Tuilagi, Billy V, Sinkler, Farrell.

Home advantage of Twickenham and Cardiff is not what it usually is so I can see Scotland being competitive. The Scots have some excellent talent in some positions and will Give England trouble if not ultimately falling short.

Ireland have a good chance of wining the championship, our biggest weakness is potentially our biggest strength depending on the fitness and form of our extremely talented middle aged yet childish OH who has only played one 80 minutes in a long time and went off in his last game injured. Our hopes rest on the ability of Sexton to be on the pitch and performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No atmosphere is a big downer for me. Wales especially will miss the crowd and playing in Llanelli in front of a near empty stadium is really not much of an advantage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No atmosphere is a big downer for me. Wales especially will miss the crowd and playing in Llanelli in front of a near empty stadium is really not much of an advantage.
    An empty Principality Stadium. They don't need to play in Llanelli any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Lancher wrote: »
    Either in the stadium or the pub, could you not sit down for an hour without going to the bar/jacks and watch the bloody game!!

Of course I can. As long as the pub has table service.

There is a boards rugby discord....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ENGLAND vs SCOTLAND 6th of February

England: Elliot Daly, Anthony Watson, Henry Slade, Ollie Lawrence, Jonny May, Owen Farrell (captain), Ben Young; Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Will Stuart, Maro Itoje, Jonny Hill, Mark Wilson, Tom Curry, Billy Vunipola

Scotland: Hogg (capt); Maitland, Harris, Redpath, Van der Merwe, Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Z Fagerson, Cummings, J Gray, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.
    Replacements: Cherry, Kebble, WP Nel, R Gray, Graham, Steele, Van der Walt, Jones

.ak wrote: »

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

tenor.gif

Thought he'd died of starvation in the great "pear & prosciutto" famine of 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

ENGLAND vs SCOTLAND 6th of February

England: Elliot Daly, Anthony Watson, Henry Slade, Ollie Lawrence, Jonny May, Owen Farrell (captain), Ben Young; Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Will Stuart, Maro Itoje, Jonny Hill, Mark Wilson, Tom Curry, Billy Vunipola

Scotland: Hogg (capt); Maitland, Harris, Redpath, Van der Merwe, Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Z Fagerson, Cummings, J Gray, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.
    Replacements: Cherry, Kebble, WP Nel, R Gray, Graham, Steele, Van der Walt, Jones

Are Fraser Brown and Stuart McInally injured or just out of form?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Bazzo wrote: »
    Are Fraser Brown and Stuart McInally injured or just out of form?
    Both injured. Likely to be out for full tournament.

Thought he'd died of starvation in the great "pear & prosciutto" famine of 2019

I had to resort to eating parma and melon like a common philistine. Times are tough!

tenor.gif

Thank you... but also, Banned.

I'll think of a reason later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Thank you... but also, Banned.

I'll think of a reason later.

Since when have you needed a reason.....:D

jacothelad wrote: »
    Since when have you needed a reason.....:D

I've missed you.

ITALY vs FRANCE 6th of February

ITALY:
    15 Jacopo Trulla (Kawasaki Robot Calvisano, 3 caps)
    14 Luca Sperandio (Benetton Rugby, 8 caps)
    13 Marco Zanon (Benetton Rugby, 4 caps)
    12 Juan Ignacio Brex (Benetton Rugby, rookie)
    11 Montanna Ioane (Benetton Rugby, 1 cap)
    10 Paolo Garbisi (Benetton Rugby, 5 caps)
    9 Stephen Varney (Gloucester Rugby, 3 caps)
    8 Michele Lamaro (Benetton Rugby, 2 caps)
    7 Johan Meyer (Zebre Rugby Club, 9 caps)
    6 Sebastian Negri (Benetton Rugby, 28 caps)
    5 David Sisi (Zebre Rugby Club, 11 caps)
    4 Marco Lazzaroni (Benetton Rugby, 11 caps)
    3 Marco Riccioni (Benetton Rugby, 7 caps)
    2 Luca Bigi (Zebre Rugby Club, 32 caps) – captain
    1 Cherif Traore (Benetton Rugby, 10 caps)

Replacements

16 Gianmarco Lucchesi (Benetton Rugby, 2 caps)
    17 Danilo Fischetti (Zebre Rugby Club, 8 caps)
    18 Giosuè Zilocchi (Zebre Rugby Club, 10 caps)
    19 Niccolò Cannone (Benetton Rugby, 8 caps)
    20 Federico Ruzza (Benetton Rugby, 19 caps)
    21 Maxime Mbanda (Zebre Rugby Club, 25 caps)
    22 Guglielmo Palazzani (Zebre Rugby Club, 41 caps)
    23 Carlo Canna (Zebre Rugby Club, 47 caps)

FRANCE:
    15. Brice Dulin (La Rochelle)
    14. Teddy Thomas (Racing 92)
    13. Arthur Vincent (Montpellier)
    12. Gaël Fickou (Stade Français)
    11. Gabin Villière (Toulon)
    10. Matthieu Jalibert (Bordeaux-Bègles)
    9. Antoine Dupont (Toulouse)

1. Cyril Baille (Toulouse)
    2. Julien Marchand (Toulouse)
    3. Mohamed Haouas (Montpellier)
    4. Bernard Le Roux (Racing 92)
    5. Paul Willemse (Montpellier)
    6. Dylan Cretin (Lyon)
    7. Charles Ollivon (c) (Toulon)
    8. Grégory Alldritt (La Rochelle)

Replacements

16. Pierre Bourgarit (La Rochelle)
    17. Jean-Baptiste Gros (Toulon)
    18. Dorian Aldegheri (Toulouse)
    19. Romain Taofifenua (Toulon)
    20. Anthony Jelonch (Castres)
    21. Baptiste Serin (Toulon)
    22. Louis Carbonel (Toulon)
    23. Damian Penaud (Clermont)

Stop wasting time posting teamsheets and ban Buer immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I had to resort to eating parma and melon like a common philistine. Times are tough!

Wow. That sounds like poison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Stop wasting time posting teamsheets and ban Buer immediately.

That would be a Steven Donald level return to the big time!!

:D

Advertisement