Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Running shoes for Triathlon

• 31-12-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Been using Asics Gel Nimbus for running (inc marathons) in recent years but want to get something a bit lighter and racier for triathlons this year (if they occur). Had a pair of New Balance (1080 I think) for years but well gone at this stage. I found NB a great fit for running with no socks and was thinking of returning to the brand. The 1500v and Hanzo appear the most likely candidates. Anyone have experience of these and would they recommend. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    Been using Asics Gel Nimbus for running (inc marathons) in recent years but want to get something a bit lighter and racier for triathlons this year (if they occur). Had a pair of New Balance (1080 I think) for years but well gone at this stage. I found NB a great fit for running with no socks and was thinking of returning to the brand. The 1500v and Hanzo appear the most likely candidates. Anyone have experience of these and would they recommend. Thanks

The NB 1500 are a traditional low profile style racing shoe are are very good imo. There are other similar like Nike Streak and Adidas adzero.
    A lot of people are now changing to a higher stack shoes like the famed Nike Next % or less famous Adidas pro, Other shoes that are getting good reviews are Saucony speed and pro. NB fuel cell...
    A lot of this down to personal preference, what your aims are and probably budget.

Most of the low profile can be picked uo for less that €100 nowadays, the higher stack shies are €200 and upwards too €275 for Next% or even €300 for Nike Alpha fly.

Edit. To say there will probably be custom charges from British based websites over a certain value and some of the European websites have stopped shipping to Ireland at the moment

Advertisement