Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Robust GBB pistol?

• 11-11-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm currently looking at buying a GBB pistol for plinking. I'll probably put a couple hundred BBs through it a week, at least while the initial excitement lasts.

I already have a TM Hi Capa 5.1 (D.O.R.) in my shopping basket but after looking into it a bit more, I found that many people report the plastic slide (or other parts) breaking after as little as 3000 shots fired.

Is this somewhat normal for GBB pistols, or are there ones out there that are both accurate, fun to shoot (recoil), and also durable enough?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

It's completely normal for parts to wear and fail after thousands of shots, just like everything else in our quantum mechanical universe, yes :D

And you could do a lot worse than that pistol, what many do is buy them, enjoy them, then upgrade as time goes on when parts wear/fail.

If your looking for a longer period workhorse that's more hard waring, still TM parts compatible, and quality enough then KJW pistols :)

Also, budget has the most to do with pistols out of all the RIF's as its challenging to make replicas with such small parts last like real steel.

Buy nice or buy twice and the sales/trades ad section is a great way to get a quality pre-loved pistol for a reasonable price Vs. Retail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just get the standard 5.1(goldmatch ) or 4.3 mine are over 10 years old and a hell of a lot of bbs through both multiple of thousands ,and other than replacing hop rubbers they are completely stock out of the box .

You rarely hear of TM pistols failing bar the Glock 18 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭banana_bear

That's reassuring, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's reassuring, thank you

And the good thing is parts aren't expensive TM wise ,but you can also upgrade every single part depending on a budget you could easily spend a few hundred turning it from a stock pistol to a competition style race gun .
    I've about 10 TM pistols and they are mostly stock bar one with a full metal slide , everything else shoots and performs very well compared to other manufacturers you don't get the reliability especially in colder weather

Advertisement