Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to admit, checking this thread after each bump makes me a happy panda. :o

I REALLY want my next car as a luxo barge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I have to admit, checking this thread after each bump makes me a happy panda. :o

I REALLY want my next car as a luxo barge.

I'm honestly having second thoughts about the 645ci :D
    I've always been a fan of the 7 Series :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Top Dog wrote: »
    Ah heyor! This is only page 2 of the thread and already its getting like bangernomics where a money limit is set, and people insist on blowing that out of the water :rolleyes:

Someone asking €5400 is not going to drop below €4k in a hurry!

Ah I was under the impression it's 5k

E320 for 2.5k:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/5168918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'm thinking that my next car (having just bought my current e60, it will be a few years :P) will have to be an e39 m5.

It is one of those cars that I just cant not own at one point in my life. Kind of like the man-love that the top gear brigade have for Alfa's, I have for m5's. (And a few other cars but that's another story).

To think, they might be in the "luxonomics" thread in a couple of years time:eek:

I thought the same about the e39 M5, then I got to look at a few e39s (not M5s) and just couldn't warm up to the interior. I ended up with an E60 which I think is miles ahead interior wise and still looks fresh in MSport.

01 S-Type 1100
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/5147074

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

rocky wrote: »
    I thought the same about the e39 M5, then I got to look at a few e39s (not M5s) and just couldn't warm up to the interior. I ended up with an E60 which I think is miles ahead interior wise and still looks fresh in MSport.

If interiors is all you're into then fair enough, but comparing an E39 M5 and an E60 MSport is like comparing a duck to a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Yet another Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggg..

View2-19652768.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4978545

Barely run in,new timing chain but NCT almost due

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i've just bought a luxobarge, 2003 S-type jaaaag! tested till april next year, 105,000 on the clock with a wallet full of reciepts, all for the princely sum of €1400, its the way to go in my opinion

serious3 wrote: »
    i've just bought a luxobarge, 2003 S-type jaaaag! tested till april next year, 105,000 on the clock with a wallet full of reciepts, all for the princely sum of €1400, its the way to go in my opinion

Congrats! Any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trouble with a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag is that you then have to buy some golf clubs! Not to mention a white cloth cap with tartan trim.

• Advertisement

Sobanek wrote: »
    Congrats! Any pics?

when the boss gets in i'll take a couple and throw them up

rovoagho wrote: »
    If interiors is all you're into then fair enough, but comparing an E39 M5 and an E60 MSport is like comparing a duck to a shed.

If you say so... they both have M badges tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So whats your E60 M5 like then, good sound out of the 10pot? :p

Nah, couldn't live with the range... only getting 18 mpg as it is ...

18 mpg out of 507hp is 28hp per mpg :D
    Compare that to 30mpg and 218hp = 7hp per mpg.

What the hell am I on about?

There's a fairly hefty difference between an M badge and an M5 badge.

There's nothing wrong with MSport cars, I would've bought an MSport E39 525i if I could have found one when I downgraded because of the recession. But again, it's not in the same class as an M5. It's not even in the ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Nah, couldn't live with the range... only getting 18 mpg as it is ...
    Did you buy the 545i in the end? Even so, you must be doing short urban trips, thats abnormally low MPG otherwise (on Combined or what have you).

I got a 530i, economy improved with the higher temperatures (getting 22.6mpg if I'm very gentle on the go pedal), but it was around 18 mpg over winter. Short trips, 5 miles in the morning, 1 mile in the evening... :) Not too bothered about mpg though... but they should have a bigger tank, especially the M5.

I agree with Matt, that seems very low. I used to get low to mid 20s on my early noughties 4.4l V8, mixed. Even urban I rarely went that low.

Sobanek wrote: »
    Congrats! Any pics?

here you go

• Advertisement

here you go

Looks lovely! Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭ofcork

That s class is for nothing but some repairs would probably cost more than the car is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

here you go
    Looks very very well without the chrome :cool:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Looks very very well without the chrome :cool:

thanks rob! i was thinking of getting some of that tailight tint and tinting the repeaters and reflectors, you can't get clear reflectors for them unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Enjoy every second of motoring in your S Type. Have one myself and love it (love all Jags really :D) I have 175000 miles on my car and once it is regularly serviced and treated kindly you will have very few problems. Champagne driving on a lemonade budget!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Here's one you don't see too often. Maybe with good reason...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/5167924

[IMG][/img]DAVPYpa.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

tom_k wrote: »
    Here's one you don't see too often. Maybe with good reason...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/5167924

[IMG][/img]DAVPYpa.png

That's damn cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

That's damn cool.

I thought so too, I love the rarity factor. However, like so many Italian motors of this era, they look really bland from the rear in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 JohnC83

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement