Yesterday, 22:48   #3046
knucklehead6
SMILEY MINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor365 View Post
Is this real, or are you some sort of essential service? Waiting since August.
Yes, I’m classed as essential.
Advertisement
Today, 09:58   #3047
zubair

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead6 View Post
Yes, I’m classed as essential.
That's a matter of opinion.
(2) thanks from:
Today, 11:19   #3048
robbie_63

The Non Essential list must be pretty small, I'm classed as essential as I work in IT Support
Today, 12:56   #3049
knucklehead6
SMILEY MINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubair View Post
That's a matter of opinion.
That's why i said CLASSED as it!!

Even my wife n kids wouldn't consider me essential!
Today, 13:01   #3050
knucklehead6
SMILEY MINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_63 View Post
The Non Essential list must be pretty small, I'm classed as essential as I work in IT Support
I think its basically anyone who works in a job were you are either serving the public in a retail environment that's allowed be open, or have a support role for the places that are open, such as IT Support.
Advertisement
Today, 13:15   #3051
Betsy Og

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrimReaper View Post
Might be an age thing as well.

When I was a first-time learner on my 125CC Varadero at 30 years old I could ride other bikes not belonging to me.

"The Policyholder may also drive a motorcycle not belonging to him or her and not hired to him or her under a hire purchase agreement.
Cover for such vehicles is restricted to third party cover only."
I enquired about riding other people's bikes when getting my quote (just curious, don't have anything in mind) -the jist of what he said was that if my own bike (125cc) was bigger then it would be a possibility, but not for the moment. I have the full A licence so it's not a licence issue, but there seemed to be a "like for like" vibe. This was Principal/Axa, so may not arise for other insurers. Also I was just getting TPFT, so maybe if go fully comp you'd get cover for other bikes. Anyway, wasn't really a factor (& I thought the quote was good) so I didn't press the issue. I'm mid 40s btw so not an age thing - maybe years of consecutive insurance/NCB could be a factor in whether they'll extend that cover.

Wouldn't it be great if there was clear guidance on insurance. "If you want to do X you'd first need Y & Z and it would cost you approx €q extra." You could then save some time on the torturous calls, quotes with & without blah blah blah.

My own contribution to this knoweldge is that multi-bike (getting insurance on more than 1 bike you own) involves getting cover on the main (most valuable) bike, and then adding on the 2nd or subsequent. Cost about €60 extra for me to add a 2nd bike (old 250cc). Any other Insurance tips people could share? Most of the specific insurance threads just talk about what it cost people to get cover, not of much use to the next man.

Last edited by Betsy Og; Today at 13:21.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion