Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017/18 Off Season Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Definitely a lot will hinge on our pitching,lot of injuries in that department last year and no major additions to the pitching staff this off season,we live in hope I guess

If starting pitching stays relatively healthy then they'll be close. They have an outstanding bullpen and a stacked offense with good depth at most positions. It still does feel like a lot of things need to go right though, particularly with Astros being strong last year and Angels getting Othani.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

If starting pitching stays relatively healthy then they'll be close. They have an outstanding bullpen and a stacked offense with good depth at most positions. It still does feel like a lot of things need to go right though, particularly with Astros being strong last year and Angels getting Othani.

Tbh I'm not all that worried about the Angels ,I think Othani will take quite a bit of time to settle in the majors and the Angels don't have that many big hitters outside trout and pujols

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Coeus wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll only be in DC for the day so most likely I'll buy a ticket the day before or the morning of the game. Stubhub is great for that if demand for the game is not too big. Yea, all ballparks fleece you on brew but those prices seem about average. I will seek out that $1 hotdog stand...

I'll also be in Baltimore for the weekend series v the Yanks. I should be good to go to the games on Saturday and Sunday. When in Rome and all that :)

Camden yards has the best food I've ever had at a baseball park. I'll seek out my mate who's a massive Baltimore fan and ask him where it was exactly we ate in the stadium. Was unreal, so tasty.

Tbh I'm not all that worried about the Angels ,I think Othani will take quite a bit of time to settle in the majors and the Angels don't have that many big hitters outside trout and pujols

They got Kinsler , Upton and Chris Carter in the off season. That some decent hitting to go with Trout and Pujols

They got Kinsler , Upton and Chris Carter in the off season. That some decent hitting to go with Trout and Pujols
    fair point,i feel the mariners can match that batting however with the big bats of Cruz,cano,seager and add in Gordon,segura ,zunino and haniger.Simply can't wait for Thursday to come there's bound to be a few surprise teams.

• Advertisement

fair point,i feel the mariners can match that batting however with the big bats of Cruz,cano,seager and add in Gordon,segura ,zunino and haniger.Simply can't wait for Thursday to come there's bound to be a few surprise teams.

No doubt there is talent in the Mariners roster. But I like what the Angels did this offseason , they are at least looking like they are attempting to build around the best player in the league.

It's going to be great though. Cant wait for Thursday myself. My favourite time of the year!

No doubt there is talent in the Mariners roster. But I like what the Angels did this offseason , they are at least looking like they are attempting to build around the best player in the league.

It's going to be great though. Cant wait for Thursday myself. My favourite time of the year!
    From my point of view could be very open this season,theres 5 or 6 teams from each league who will feel they have a decent chance of a world series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

From my point of view could be very open this season,theres 5 or 6 teams from each league who will feel they have a decent chance of a world series.

The joys of March. Everyone thinks they’re in it!

Is there a predictions thread up yet so we can all look foolish at the end of the year?

Is there a predictions thread up yet so we can all look foolish at the end of the year?

None that I can see. Is that you offering to set one up?

• Advertisement

None that I can see. Is that you offering to set one up?

I might make an attempt at it!

Greg Bird will miss 6-8 weeks with a broken bone in his foot for the Yankees,they have the depth to cope without him,but hell be a loss none the less.

Jason Werth's signing with Seattle apparently. Good bit of depth to the outfield there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Jason Werth's signing with Seattle apparently. Good bit of depth to the outfield there.

Only a minor league contract so far. Nice bit of depth just in case (even though I'm not a big Werth fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

Listening to Baseball Tonight podcast today and Buster was on about teams using 4 man outfields against high fly percentage fly ball hitters. Will be interesting to see if it becomes a regular thing like the shift.

Advertisement