Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Images of beauty (Tdar forum)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭joey100

Lovely bike Keelang, have you had any luck getting a speed concept draft box or the quintana roo box to fit on the back of the seat tube?? Have seen one or two online with it and looks well, makes it even more integrated too.

There is a thread on slowtwitch where they have made a 3d plastic insert that goes in in place of the bento box and you can use a Shiv fuselage (if you can get one!) to have integrated drinks as well.

Thread is here,

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Felt_IA_CalPac_to_Shiv_Fuelselage_Customization_P5426788/

Fella called FLUC has links to the pieces in here signature, size depends on size your looking for and bike size.

Last thing I've seen the Tri Rig omega front brake seems to test a lot better than the brake the bike comes with, it's a centre pull brake and form some reading saves 5watts (sounds like a lot but if it does it's worth it). Few little mods to that bike and you have a real proper super bike. If I ever get the money together I reckon that's the bike I'd buy.

http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=omega (an expensive front brake!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I got the Speed Concept draft box for my IA. Fits without any bother. Lid needs to be taped down for some Irish roads though.
    The Calpac is a bit fiddly and useless so I might be going with Fluc's mod in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keelang

joey100 wrote: »
    Lovely bike Keelang, have you had any luck getting a speed concept draft box or the quintana roo box to fit on the back of the seat tube?? Have seen one or two online with it and looks well, makes it even more integrated too.

There is a thread on slowtwitch where they have made a 3d plastic insert that goes in in place of the bento box and you can use a Shiv fuselage (if you can get one!) to have integrated drinks as well.

Thread is here,

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Felt_IA_CalPac_to_Shiv_Fuelselage_Customization_P5426788/

Fella called FLUC has links to the pieces in here signature, size depends on size your looking for and bike size.

Last thing I've seen the Tri Rig omega front brake seems to test a lot better than the brake the bike comes with, it's a centre pull brake and form some reading saves 5watts (sounds like a lot but if it does it's worth it). Few little mods to that bike and you have a real proper super bike. If I ever get the money together I reckon that's the bike I'd buy.

http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=omega (an expensive front brake!!)

Yes I've been looking at a draft box alright just waiting for money to come together to get a few new bits for it along the lines of what you've mentioned, but at this stage the legs have room for bigger improvements than anything else. The calpac isn't great but would still do to store gels and the like I think, I normally use a bta bottle that is still to be fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭joey100

Not a TT bike but my new nice weather bike is nearly built, just in time for the winter. I've long legs and short torso for my height so it means I have to go small frame to have the reach ok and then the saddle high to fit the legs. Bike would look better with the stem slammed but not going to happen with the drop that would be there because of my silly body shape. Still have to add bar tape and chain but it's getting there. Should be able to finish it off myself too and hopefully if the weather stays dry and not too cold I'll get out on it.

30848436786_d7eb2a57b2_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

I think this goes in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Nice! Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Bike looks great, would need to see the whole room to comment on the wallpaper :)

Advertisement