Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi guys, we unfortunately have to give up our collie as she just doesn't get along with the first dog we had and there's constant fights. It's getting too much for us now. She's a little over a year old, and located in Dublin. She was abused in a previous life and still carries some nervousness, but we worked a lot with her and all she wants is love and attention. Thank you.

You mentioned in a previous life where did u get her from? Please contact a local rescue instead or rehoming via here and social media (I believe I’ve seen the same post on Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

cocker5 wrote: »
    You mentioned in a previous life where did u get her from? Please contact a local rescue instead or rehoming via here and social media (I believe I’ve seen the same post on Facebook)

Got an absolute torrent of abuse on social media

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I don't know your situation, so won't judge. If your situation is desperate, contact rescues. Some are taking a view that travel for animal welfare is essential travel and will help a dog in dire need. Bare in mind that you are asking volunteers to risk themselves and their families in that situation.

Otherwise, you're looking for someone within 2km of your home. I'm not sure you'll get enough traffic in this forum to find someone looking for a dog like yours in that locality. Even if you did, i personally wouldn't take a dog who had been living in a house with someone and who could act as a vector for the disease when i could wait til the risk has lessened and restrictions are lifted.

If your situation isn't desperate, you might have better luck after COVID-19 is finished.

I don't mean this to come across as judgmental, just trying to explain why you might not get any response/ negative responses.

Where did u acquire the dog? U mention showing signs of abuse?

If you got her through a rescue then you need to contact them.

Where r u based? Can you not hold onto her for a few more weeks and after the lockdown etc a rescue will try their best to help you? Least you know she’ll be well looked after and has the chance at a good life?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ah no, she's sorted now as we decided to keep her ourselves.

• Advertisement

Ah no, she's sorted now as we decided to keep her ourselves.

Just to ensure all your futures together work out personally I’d seek advice from a positive re- enforcement trainer they may be able to give you some advice to stop the behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 7 linmad

Hi all. Unfortunately I have fallen into hard times, like alot of us, and can no longer keep two dogs. I've also been told by my landlord that I have to move out within the next year. I'm looking to rehome one of my dogs, a 1 year old female Bernese, Golden retriever Irish setter mix. She's very timid and weary of people. She would take some time to get used to a new home. She's also super smart and very eager to learn. So if there is anyone out there willing to rescue her.....please let me know.

linmad wrote: »
    Hi all. Unfortunately I have fallen into hard times, like alot of us, and can no longer keep two dogs. I've also been told by my landlord that I have to move out within the next year. I'm looking to rehome one of my dogs, a 1 year old female Bernese, Golden retriever Irish setter mix. She's very timid and weary of people. She would take some time to get used to a new home. She's also super smart and very eager to learn. So if there is anyone out there willing to rescue her.....please let me know.

Where r u based OP?

Have you contacted your local rescue centres for advice / help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Murphg345

Hi All,

We have a 3 year old Jack Russel mix rescue which we are struggling to train ourselves and are looking to re home with someone who is better equipped at dog training! Unfortunately little Alfie is quite territorial and has gotten out of the house on two occasions and bitten two neighbours. We had a dog trainer come help us however with the lockdown things haven't been easy! We really don’t want to resort to euthanasia but we are afraid of him getting out again and feel we can’t provide the right training to him! If anyone could please help us and let us know of anyone willing to regime and train or an agency that helps with this sort of thing we would be grateful! He is a very affectionate submissive dog when in his home but panics when out of his bubble!

• Murphg345 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We have a 3 year old Jack Russel mix rescue which we are struggling to train ourselves and are looking to re home with someone who is better equipped at dog training! Unfortunately little Alfie is quite territorial and has gotten out of the house on two occasions and bitten two neighbours. We had a dog trainer come help us however with the lockdown things haven't been easy! We really don’t want to resort to euthanasia but we are afraid of him getting out again and feel we can’t provide the right training to him! If anyone could please help us and let us know of anyone willing to regime and train or an agency that helps with this sort of thing we would be grateful! He is a very affectionate submissive dog when in his home but panics when out of his bubble!

Did you contact the rescue you got him from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Murphg345

Did you contact the rescue you got him from?
    It wasn’t a rescue centre we got him from, he was stray sorry should have clarified that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

linmad wrote: »

Hi linmad are you still looking to rehome her ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Murphg345 wrote: »
    It wasn’t a rescue centre we got him from, he was stray sorry should have clarified that.

If he’s bitten two different people I would be wary of trusting him in a new household. Have you tried contacting a well known Dublin shelter based near IKEA/Ballymun that will take in dogs that cannot be rehomed safely for reasons such as yours? They often will retain them for life and give them a good quality of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 masyva

Howya, I'm looking for a puppy for my daughter. We want a "bigger" dog type Golden retriever / labrador or even collie.
    Not necessary looking for purebred.
    We're not interested in paying anything more than initial treatments (vaccine, worm, etc).
    If anyone has or knows someone who has puppies to rehome, let me know. We'll take good care and my daughter and her little brother will be the happiest kids!
    Thanks,
    Yvan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

My wife's grandad died in December and the family are looking to get a dog as company for the granny. They have always had dogs but their last died about 2 years ago at the age of about 16. They have been messed about by a few people promising did but still nothing has materialised. The granny was so happy when she thought she was getting one and had been left disappointed again and again. They want an older dog (not a pup) who would not be too high energy and bit to small so as to create a tripping hazard. They have loads of family very local who can take care of walking so the dog would not be confined to inside all day. Lovely big enclosed back garden in her house as well and a big range in the kitchen that is never off so a very cosy place to curl up for a sleep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

looking for a pup - the local rescues said they can't let us have an older dog because we have a small child in the house and we can't have a dog that they don't know the history of

We are in north dublin, and we aren't looking for a purebred or anything like that, just a nice dog as a family pet, we're a good home lots of time on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I have a cat, she's about four or five years old, circumstances have changed at home and I cannot keep her any more. She's spayed, a bit shy. I would be providing a + litter box, a couple of bags of kitty litter, cat food, a multiplatform box thing/scratching post and some bags of treats. She's an indoor only cat and she's not interacted with another cat or dog so I'm not certain how she'd react to them. Please DM me if interested.

Based in Cork City as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hewlett

We have two chinchillas that we need to re-home.

They are two year old brothers. Nice little fellows who are happy in each other's company and enjoy their playtime outside of the cage.

We can provide the cage with a wheel, dust bath and various other accessories.

Based in Kildare. Contact me if interested

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I have a lovely 2 year old westie I need to rehome. I have young kids and she is nervous around them. She would be happier in a mature home where she has room to run around. She has been neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Looking to re-home 11 month old border collie cross. Male, very good natured, not neutered yet but will be next week. Affectionate, playful, not as high energy as purebred collies, but still either daily walks or another dog playmate would be optimal.

Probably best suited to more rural households - gets a bit over excited by noises on typical housing estates, kids on scooters etc. Otherwise very good natured. House trained, vaccinated, accustomed to sleeping inside in crate at night, outside during the day. DM me for pics or more details. Located in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 cricketchick

Jem123 wrote: »
    I have a lovely 2 year old westie I need to rehome. I have young kids and she is nervous around them. She would be happier in a mature home where she has room to run around. She has been neutered.

Just wondering if you managed to find a home for your little westie?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭kefflin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 syrgian

Hi!

I am looking for a home for three cockatiels. One male(cinnamon) and female (yellow) couple, both 8 years old, and one female (grey) 4 years old. All of them were hand-fed since young, but the male has turned grumpy compared to how he was years ago.

They have been well cared for all their lives, but we our personal circumstances have changed (bigger family) and we can no longer give them enough attention.

We want to make sure that they end in a home happy to take them, so if any issue emerges, we would like to take them back to care for them until a new, appropriate home is found.

We live in Dún Laoghaire and we have a car to move them. We would provide all help possible in order to accommodate them.

Ideally, we would want to bring them to a home that already has cockatiels, since the 4-year old female is in love with a human currently, which is far from ideal (they become very attached until after a few weeks of separation).

They can also be split (the couple to one home, and the young female to another), as they don't live together, and perhaps someone only wants a partner for an existing cockatiel, or the completed couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi, just wondering if anyone is genuinely interested in rehoming our much loved dog. Due to allergies and now an unforseen injury we no longer can give our dog the time she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hannahska

Hi all,

I'm looking to rehome a female cockatiel, she's about 8 years old. She was originally brought in as a partner for a rescue cockatiel who since died. We then got a budgie as a companion for her, but unfortunately he passed recently too. She seems lonely and in need of companionship, but we don't feel like our circumstances are right for getting a new bird right now.

We're hoping to find someone who is already a bird owner and can ideally give her space to fly free (not just in a cage 24/7) as she loves doing laps of the room a couple of times a day. She is a real character, likes her independence but is also happy to sit by you on the couch while watching TV. She also loves singing to herself in the mirror.

We are Limerick-based but can transport her wherever she's going.

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi,

Can you give a little more info about your dog please? What breed or type? Age? Temperament?

What kind of dog is it? I'm looking for a small dog for my mother who is retired and living alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anett40

Anyone is looking for good home for chinchillas? I'm interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rolandas1986

Looking for female chinchilla. We have one already but looking friend for our little girl. Can colect anywhere in ireland, anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Looking to rehome a young dog. We live in the countryside with plenty of land to run around in. We are getting married next year and will be trying for babies then so would have to be child friendly.

Advertisement