Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sig Sauer P226. (.22lr)

• 06-09-2020 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone using one of these and if so, what's experience been like please?

Many thanks

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Many thanks

Wow.. that would be a nice bit of kit.. sorry I don't have but I looking forward to comments from those in the know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MWM

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Many thanks

Not the most accurate 22, temperamental with ammo types, but great fun and lots of accessories out there ( bit of a pain not having slide lock back on last round )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Ive worked on them before.
    Of the .22lr tacticool pistols they are very well made in comparison to many of the .22lr 1911 clones

I didnt get to fire it but I will say that .22s are ammo sensitive anyway so its not something id be overly worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Its a pretty good pistol but its designed more as a training tool and for its appearance etc. if i was buying one id buy the steel frame.
    But if i was buying a pistol for target shooting then id look at a sw41, Feinwerkbau Model AW93 or a ruger as the sig is quite expensive in comparison in terms of a quality target pistol. They are fun to shoot you can only really shoot mini mags. The build quality is what you would expect from a firearm unlike as previously said the likes of gsg, Umarex/Walther mim junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 liam2018

Yea I Agree sw model 41, Xesse, ruger all make good target pistols.

• Advertisement
Advertisement