Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-11-2020, 14:53   #121
callaway92

When a club offers a 'free month' to existing members, what does that even mean?

They take the amount of one month off the total amount (eg €80) or they give you 13 months worth?

If the latter, would you just end up paying full fee the next year anyway, so an extra month etc isn't really an incentive.
Advertisement
18-11-2020, 15:16   #122
monkeybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
When a club offers a 'free month' to existing members, what does that even mean?

They take the amount of one month off the total amount (eg €80) or they give you 13 months worth?

If the latter, would you just end up paying full fee the next year anyway, so an extra month etc isn't really an incentive.

hardly that complex, the membership runs from joining date to the next year, so 12 months

now it goes for 13 months instead
Thanks from:
18-11-2020, 15:21   #123
A Shaved Duck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan104 View Post
Well Seve above is a perfect example of how you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's a great gesture yet you still are not happy. I would imagine most clubs are not offering free membership for all the time we were locked out through no fault of the clubs.

Tesco, you knew the lay of the land with comps before you rejoined so why is it now "a joke"? Why did you rejoin? Honest question. If you don't like it go somewhere else, there is people waiting to happily take your place.
There has also been an increase on flexi members greenfee by a euro, which equates to one less round of golf if you break down the credits.

Robbing peter to pay paul comes to mind.
Thanks from:
18-11-2020, 15:36   #124
etxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutter View Post
hardly that complex, the membership runs from joining date to the next year, so 12 months

now it goes for 13 months instead
Most clubs don't operate like that as far as I know. its usually to the end of the year. I remember joining up to a course in April as a country member and then been asked for my membership for the next year in September!
18-11-2020, 15:59   #125
callaway92

Quote:
Originally Posted by etxp View Post
Most clubs don't operate like that as far as I know. its usually to the end of the year. I remember joining up to a course in April as a country member and then been asked for my membership for the next year in September!
Yeh my club is Jan to Jan so my questioning was along those lines.
Advertisement
18-11-2020, 16:00   #126
eoghan104

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Shaved Duck? View Post
There has also been an increase on flexi members greenfee by a euro, which equates to one less round of golf if you break down the credits.

Robbing peter to pay paul comes to mind.
Yeah I saw that was put in! Still great value in my opinion. I'm surprised it is still so cheap.
18-11-2020, 16:35   #127
A Shaved Duck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan104 View Post
Yeah I saw that was put in! Still great value in my opinion. I'm surprised it is still so cheap.
Not saying its bad value, its more the fact that it was put in alongside the news of extra months to soften the message.

So while its good to hear about additional members times and the extra month its reasonable aswell to allow people to analyze the parameters and give feedback.

Nothing is ever free when you look close enough.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion