Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaky Faucet trouble

• 07-04-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Everyone, looking for Plumming info, I have a leaky Tap on the upstairs bath, I understand that the rubber washers want replacing.

I have located the mains water shut off valve that’s under the sink, But this seems to only stop the cold water for downstairs, in my boiler cubbyhole I’ve found a detailed list.

Valve no 1 Located under sink mains shut off valve

No 2 Cold feed to cylinder
    No 3 Domestic cold feed
    No 4 Main water feed to attic
    No 5 Hot water drain off
    No 6 Cylinder return isolator valve
    No 7 Cylinder flow motorised isolating valve

Anybody know which one would turn off the hot and cold water upstairs ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Probably:
    No2, - Hot
    No3, - cold.

Turn off these, may be stiff to close completely. Turn on bath taps, wait for at least 30Sec to see if water flow slows or stops.
    Turn On sink taps; this hopefully will syphon all the water in the pipes into the bath.
    Get the spanners out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

One piece of advice. Don't talk about faucets here (I presume you're American) because nobody will know what you are on about.

Advertisement