Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outside tap problem

• 02-04-2021 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi so turned on my outside tap today and everything was fine but after 5min water stopped come throw left it about 2 hours tried it again and same thing water would last 5 min then stop anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Air block maybe.
    Not enough pressure, was anything else running such as dish washer or washing machine

Or turned off inside at valve

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Blues14

Air block.

Every other tap is working inside the house

Air block maybe.
    Not enough pressure, was anything else running such as dish washer or washing machine

No nothing else running at the time

Can you follow where it's feed is coming from, could be pinched, were you running the actual tap free or through hose or jet washer?

Can you follow where it's feed is coming from, could be pinched, were you running the actual tap free or through hose or jet washer?
    Throw a hose

• Advertisement

Blues14 wrote: »
    Throw a hose

Kink in hose. Run tap without and see is problem the same.

Link in hose. Run tap without and see is problem the same.

When disconnect hose there’s no water coming from tap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Have you a good flow of cold water at the kitchen sink?

Check where feed is, valve, pipe kink or crushed,

Does seem like air lock issues

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Have you a good flow of cold water at the kitchen sink?

Yeah it’s the same as usual I ran it for a while and seems fine.I have a water well for water supply not mains

• Advertisement

Check where feed is, valve, pipe kink or crushed,

Does seem like air lock issues
    Is there anyway can unblock it our do I need a plumber?

It's probably using up the water faster then you can pump it or level is going down, that most likely explains that one.....

A water butt or vat I always mix this up could do you wonders, get water from gutters for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Is the water pump cutting in and pumping water when you turn on the kitchen tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Blues14 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s the same as usual I ran it for a while and seems fine.I have a water well for water supply not mains

Pressure switch on pump may not be cutting in when it should. It may need to be replaced / cut in adjusted.

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Pressure switch on pump may not be cutting in when it should. It may need to be replaced / cut in adjusted.

You were right lad pump not cutting in when it should part replaced and all good.

Advertisement