Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock & Metal Vinyl

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I can get 3 vinyls that i want from Walmart but the other would be a different seller. Is there a chance i could have to pay 2 Address Pal fees? I figure that if i'm paying an extortionate shipping fee i might as well make the most of it and buy in somewhat bulk!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Degag wrote: »
    I can get 3 vinyls that i want from Walmart but the other would be a different seller. Is there a chance i could have to pay 2 Address Pal fees? I figure that if i'm paying an extortionate shipping fee i might as well make the most of it and buy in somewhat bulk!

I would imagine it would be two fees as they'd arrive at different times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

More a general vinyl question as opposed to a Rock/Metal question but is there any stockists in Ireland for Mobile Fidelity/analogue productions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just ordered this, 51.99 plus postage, Thanks to whoever put me onto Spindizzy, guess i'll be spending a bit in there

DROPKICK MURPHYS – Turn Up That Dial (Deluxe Edition)
    LP + Bonus 7″ – Pink/Green Swirl Vinyl
    *Limited to 1500 copies. Housed in Two Pocket Gatefold Sleeve.

7-inch record on black vinyl: “Live on St. Patrick’s Day 2020” (Middle Finger b/w Smash **** Up),
    7-inch flexidisk (I Wish You Were Here),
    12″ poster signed by the band

https://www.spindizzyrecords.com/product/dropkick-murphys-turn-up-that-dial-deluxe-edition-lp-bonus-7-signed-poster-pink-green-swirl-vinyl-apr-30th/

^^ One of my go to stores. You can pick up some good second hand stuff in there too.

• Advertisement

Bah, finally the albums i wanted were stocked by Walmart. Just about to pull the trigger and the delivery date is showing as different for 1 of them.... which means i'd be liable for two seperate AddressPal fees i'm guessing?

So annoying!

I've been busy the last week (birthday) with vinyl

Got Blizzard of Ozz (coloured vinyl) and Volbeats The Strength, The Sounds, The Songs, on glow in the dark vinyl from Spindizzy, the Ozzy one arrived, AnPost are taking the volbeat one all around the country.

Have new Greta Van Fleet and Dropkicks pre ordered

Also trying addresspal again with Walmart, bought Sabbath We Sold Our Soul, Poisons greatest hits and Black Crowes shake your moneymaker, all Walmart coloured vinyl exclusives.

Degag wrote: »
    Bah, finally the albums i wanted were stocked by Walmart. Just about to pull the trigger and the delivery date is showing as different for 1 of them.... which means i'd be liable for two seperate AddressPal fees i'm guessing?

So annoying!

Yep, 2 seperate items, what ya getting?

Can ya wait until the second is released them order together?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yep, 2 seperate items, what ya getting?

Can ya wait until the second is released them order together?

Ah just the classic Metallicas to begin with, Black, RTL, MOP, AJFA

They are all available now, just one is being dispatched on a different date for some reason.

Tried addresspal again for a few Walmart exclusives

Ordered on March 28th, bought Sabbath 'We sold our soul for rock and roll' 2 x LP Walmart Translucent Green vinyl.
    Poison Greatest Hits 2 xLp Walmart exclusive Green and yellow vinyl
    Black Crowes Shake your moneymaker Walmart exclusive Green vinyl
    Total cost was €83
    Add 16.95 addresspal and €100 all in

Arrived this morning with NO custom charges :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lads I’m thinking of getting back into vinyl. Had literally hundreds of albums years ago(I’m 54 now) but got rid of them all unfortunately.

I’m looking for suggestions for a turntable. Will be run though a home cinema receiver with Mission speakers.

I’ve been happy enough with my Spotify sub but I’m getting an itch to try vinyl again.

I’m gutted all my vinyl is gone. Had some brilliant albums from the 70s and 80s including the first two Metallica albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

adox wrote: »
    Lads I’m thinking of getting back into vinyl. Had literally hundreds of albums years ago(I’m 54 now) but got rid of them all unfortunately.

I’m looking for suggestions for a turntable. Will be run though a home cinema receiver with Mission speakers.

I’ve been happy enough with my Spotify sub but I’m getting an itch to try vinyl again.

I’m gutted all my vinyl is gone. Had some brilliant albums from the 70s and 80s including the first two Metallica albums.

If you go onto the richer sounds forum on here and tell the lads what you are looking for, budget etc they will advise and give options to suit you. They are always great to deal with.

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

adox wrote: »

Do it, i'm lovin being able to listen to a vinyl album, hold an album in my hand, read the liner notes without squinting, look at the pictures.

Any advice just ask away, can't help ya with turntable though as i'm utterly useless on shite like that

Record Store Day 2021 on Saturday, i'll be heading into Spindizzy, have a few items i want, probably spend a small fortune, will get home and be saying to the wifey..."This one was only 5euro, this one was 3 :rolleyes::rolleyes:"

The list https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Record Store Day 2021 on Saturday, i'll be heading into Spindizzy, have a few items i want, probably spend a small fortune, will get home and be saying to the wifey..."This one was only 5euro, this one was 3 :rolleyes::rolleyes:"

The list https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580

heartbreaking to see this list and some of them not appearing on spindizzys website :'(

heartbreaking to see this list and some of them not appearing on spindizzys website :'(

I emailed them my list a good few weeks ago and fair play, they got every one in for me, hard to tell which are the actual rare ones though

I emailed them my list a good few weeks ago and fair play, they got every one in for me, hard to tell which are the actual rare ones though

Yeah its my own fault really, i just looked at their site for the RSD releases instead of the actual RSD site

How did everyone get on today.. pick up anything nice?

peter4918 wrote: »
    How did everyone get on today.. pick up anything nice?

Good day, arrived at Spindizzy at 7.50 and queue was around the block, in by 9 and out at 10 past.
    Picked up

Linkin Park - Meteora
    RATM - Battle of Los Angeles
    Therapy - Nurse
    ACDC - Through the mists of time 12" pic disc
    The Alarm - Spirit of 58 7"

Delighted with it all

Any one get anything on RSD 2 last saturday?

Thanks to ENCORE RECORDS and Address Pal I am now the proud owner of this bad boy!

Price of vinyl from Canada to Address Pal in Jersey, + address pal cost + import sh!te makes this probably the most expensive vinyl I own! Totally worth it! :D

• Advertisement

Picked up the The Michael Schenker Group - Live In Manchester 1980 and Rory Gallagher - Cleveland Calling Pt.2

Delighted to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I was doing a bit of a clear out recently and came across a good few old vinyl records I had from the early 90s. Tbh I'm unlikely to ever play them as I haven't had a turntable in over 20 years so I'm gonna stick them on adverts and sell them.

Figured I'd post what I have here if anyone is interested before I put them on adverts. Rather than spam the thread with pics I'll just list what I have and if anyone wants pics just ask on thread or DM me.

Guns N' Roses:

Welcome to the Jungle 7" 1988

Paradise city 7" gun shaped picture disc

Live and let die 12" orange disc

The Spaghetti Incident Orange vinyl

November rain 12" etched disc

November rain 12" logo picture disc

Yesterday's 12" picture disc

Live like a suicide original ep

It's so easy/Mr brownstone 12"

Nightrain picture disc

Sweet child o' mine 12"

Don't cry 12" picture disc

Welcome to the Jungle 12" picture disc

Appetite for destruction original lp with stickers

Metallica:

Enter Sandman 12"

Nothing else matters 12"

Wherever I may roam 12" gatefold

Garage days re-revisited $5.98 ep

Creeping death 12" music for nations

Faith No More:

A small victory 12" picture disc

Midlife crisis 12" picture disc

Mr.Bungle self titled LP picture disc

L7:

Pretend we're dead 12" picture disc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Check out rough values on discogs, easy as **** app to use, just scan the bar codes, by the looks of it your orange vinyl spaghetti incident is worth quite a bit

Advertisement