Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I'm in favour of the former of the two, but any bit of consistency would be nice.

That's the key, and the lack of that irritates most people I think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The entire Premier League will now be played behind closed doors in Milton Keynes.

It makes an already boring tournament almost unwatchable for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I imagine the players will be happy, less travelling and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If they announced the entire thing would be played in front of 10,000 fans across the road from my house I'm not sure I'd bother with it to be honest, by far the worst tournament for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Starting this Monday isn't it ? Doubt I'll watch much of it , had to have a punt on Johnny Clayton though, 12/1 a nice price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wade was fairly sour to be left out originally so he will have fire in his belly tonight. He's 6/4 to beat Anderson tonight , fill yer boots lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Night 1 and I've already had my fill of Mardles sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Darts from UK/Premiere League

Astra 1M @ 19.2°east
    12480 V 27500
    Sport 1 Deutschland FTA

noticed the have tablet like screens on the tables with the players names on it,be no more rants about going to the so called wrong table.

• Advertisement

Aw fcuk off Anderson!! Some checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

bassy wrote: »

Astra 1M @ 19.2°east
    12480 V 27500
    Sport 1 Deutschland FTA

This works?

celt262 wrote: »
    This works?

yes free to air on 19.2e

bassy wrote: »

Astra 1M @ 19.2°east
    12480 V 27500
    Sport 1 Deutschland FTA

Sport 1 is live coverage monday thursday friday only this week , highlights on tues wed only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I decided to subscribe to PDCTV to watch a bit of this, but immediately have been stymied by
    Unauthorized country
    We're sorry but this content is only available in certain countries.

Anyone else make this schoolboy error? Did they then go and get VPN subscription ? or just cancel the PDCTV?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Tough watching Durrant there, confidence shot to bits and I can't see him picking up points in the remaining games unless Ando throws one of his wobbler games.

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Tough watching Durrant there, confidence shot to bits and I can't see him picking up points in the remaining games unless Ando throws one of his wobbler games.

Whitewashed by Dimitri tonight, he seems to be struggling badly, tough to watch.

Whitewashed by Dimitri tonight, he seems to be struggling badly, tough to watch.

Yep and the format this year probably doesn't help with all the consecutive nights getting heavy losses

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's so hard to get used to this been a weekly thing one night after the other

It works for stuff like the Worlds, GP, Matchplay,Grand slam etc but this is too much

clayton hits the 9 darter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

peteeeed wrote: »
    clayton hits the 9 darter

Follows it with 11 and 12 darters. 3 legs in 32 darts, nice going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

PDC's choice of thumbnail for tonight's highlights is pretty epic.

i know a lot of people are down on the PL but other than durrant , the standard has been really good , i'm enjoying it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dillonb3 wrote: »

I honestly think he's finished as a top level player. Even before he got Covid he was struggling. He won last years Premier League with averages on finals night in the 80's and very low 90's. His throw is completely gone, to miss 16 darts at double last night is a crazy stat for Duzza.

He's a very likeable player and it's tough to watch but he's going to tumble down the rankings this year along with Rob Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I honestly think he's finished as a top level player. Even before he got Covid he was struggling. He won last years Premier League with averages on finals night in the 80's and very low 90's. His throw is completely gone, to miss 16 darts at double last night is a crazy stat for Duzza.

He's a very likeable player and it's tough to watch but he's going to tumble down the rankings this year along with Rob Cross.

Can happen unfortunately
    Was watching some program last night about Gerwyn Price and his rise through the rankings
    At one stage they showed a graphic, I think 2017 or 2018, Benito vd Pas at world no 12/13?
    Hasn't even got a tour card now

boomdocker wrote: »
    Can happen unfortunately
    Was watching some program last night about Gerwyn Price and his rise through the rankings
    At one stage they showed a graphic, I think 2017 or 2018, Benito vd Pas at world no 12/13?
    Hasn't even got a tour card now

BvP's throw went as well. Similar happened to Mark Webster too and many other players.

Adrian Lewis is another one that's clinging on by the skin of his teeth. He could tumble down the rankings this year too because currently he's not going to be in any of the major TV tournaments bar the Worlds.

Does Durrant have a touch of dartitis? Looks to me like he's struggling to let go of the dart a bit, maybe I'm imagining it.

Can see durrant falling off the tour completely faster than Wez Newton and Thornton.

• Advertisement

What a mental start to the match :D

Advertisement