Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

akelly02 wrote: »
    Doing a €50 treble this week and it will be only antepost bet .

Shishkin arkle 3/1
    Epatante champion hurdle 7/2
    Altior champion chase 8/1

Returns over 8 grand

Bet done .

Confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Klassical dream @33 champion (but crazy maybe just putting a line through last year)
    Lost in translation @ 12
    Indefatigable @ 25 mares
    Appreciate it 14 Neptune
    Shewearsitwell 6s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Now the dust has settled on Down Royal, I have gone back in for Abacadabras @ 8s
    Evidently, a lot of Gordon's needed the run. None more so than this lad.
    I don't think anyone here would have Storyteller in the GC, plenty might have Delta or Percy tho etc
    My faith has been mildly restored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Percy is done at the top, if he ever even reached the top?

Wasting your money on abacadabras also as Goshen is going to hose up here. Forget the triumph record in CH as Epatante is an average horse at best IMO and she's the one to beat. Can't believe the 8s available after a couple of flat performances albeit poor. Its a gift from the racing gods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hawaii501 wrote: »

Wasting your money on abacadabras also as Goshen is going to hose up here. Forget the triumph record in CH as Epatante is an average horse at best IMO and she's the one to beat. Can't believe the 8s available after a couple of flat performances albeit poor. Its a gift from the racing gods :)

As long as Jamie Moore is not riding goshen!

• Advertisement

hawaii501 wrote: »

Absolute nonsense ré Epatante
    Quality horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah true actually, saying she's average is being very harsh on her as she is quality, mqybe I am still bitter over the mares novice from previous year :)
    I should have said it was an average enough champ hurdle but as they say 'you can only beat whats in front of you'

who beats altior in the champion chase

very happy with my 8/1

after he wins the tingle creek he will be 3/1 at best

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

akelly02 wrote: »
    who beats altior in the champion chase

very happy with my 8/1

after he wins the tingle creek he will be 3/1 at best

I'm with you. Was i the only person who put altior in my 10 to follow? :)

When is the TC?

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm with you. Was i the only person who put altior in my 10 to follow? :)

When is the TC?

usually its first week in december .

forgot to do the TTF actually

he defo would have been in it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

5th December is Tingle Creek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Easy work declared Sunday in a beginners chase over 2miles vs Embitted and Dlauro. I have Easywork backed ew any race 16/1 but it’s to gonna be easy in any Cheltenham novices chase with shishkin envoi and a tough rsa field for each division but he ran well staying on again behind envoi in the Ballymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AnniePowwa

the champion chase is between chacun pour soi if he can stay fit and the aging altior nothing around comes close to these two over 2 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Goshen would be lapped in a champion hurdle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have had a fiver on Carefully Selected for the Gold Cup, around 90-100 on bet fair.

I also had a fiver on Mount Leinster for the Arkle, I think he a savage nag.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

First AP bet on Fury Road @ 16/1 for the Stayers. Horses placed in the AB have an excellent record in this race the following year. The race itself looks very open. Trip too short tomorrow but likely chance the bookies will cut him if he wins. GL

Tiger Roll no longer in the betting for X Country

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

2 antipost bets done

Ballyadam supreme
    Epatante. Champion hurdle
    Shiskin. Arkle
    Ew accum

Chacun champion chase
    Santini gold cup
    Thyme Hill stayers
    Ew accum

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Few roll ups added the last few weeks.

Allmankind - warwick (won),Sceau Royal - Wincanton (won), Galvin - NHC and Envoi Allen - Marsh

Lostintranslation - Betfair Chase/ Allaho - Ryanair

Altior - Tingle Creek/ Santini - Gold Cup

Also added N'Golo @33s for the Supreme and Klassical Dream @ 16s for the Arkle

Does anyone have any strong opinions on the Ryanair?

I was on Allaho last year for the RSA (20/1 ap and he went off 5/2) oh what bet that would have been.. :mad:

After the race i thought they'd definitely bring him back in distance; he tanked through the race, did too much and just didnt last home.

He's a best price 10/1 and again i can see him going off a lot shorter on the day if he does indeed go this route. I suppose the risk is they try him back over further but i cant see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I was on Allaho last year for the RSA (20/1 ap and he went off 5/2) oh what bet that would have been.. :mad:

After the race i thought they'd definitely bring him back in distance; he tanked through the race, did too much and just didnt last home.

He's a best price 10/1 and again i can see him going off a lot shorter on the day if he does indeed go this route. I suppose the risk is they try him back over further but i cant see it.

Needs to be Ryanair for me also, Willie recently said he is warming to the back in trip idea so thats the plan i think. He has Min, Allaho and Melon as options for that for separate owners.

The Ryanair has surpassed the Stayers for me as the main race on the Thursday
    Allaho and Faugheen are my AP bets but I will be very interested to see what plans has for Defi now. This could be his ideal trip, if they sort him out.
    You also have to seriously consider Cyrname, Frodon, Champ and maybe even Samcro again
    And of course Min, but until we see him out its hard to know what way the year will go for him. At the moment, I am on Allaho with a sentimental bet on Faugheen

General question; my guess is a lot of trainers will want to avoid Envoi Allen in the Marsh. So, what price is EV likely to go off on the day if he make it there fit and well?

I'll say 4/6 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The Ryanair has surpassed the Stayers for me as the main race on the Thursday
    Allaho and Faugheen are my AP bets but I will be very interested to see what plans has for Defi now. This could be his ideal trip, if they sort him out.
    You also have to seriously consider Cyrname, Frodon, Champ and maybe even Samcro again
    And of course Min, but until we see him out its hard to know what way the year will go for him. At the moment, I am on Allaho with a sentimental bet on Faugheen

Paul Nicholls mentioned the Gold Cup for Cyrname in his stable tour yesterday, as unbelievable as that sounds.
    Henderson said Champ for the Gold Cup also.

Paul Nicholls mentioned the Gold Cup for Cyrname in his stable tour yesterday, as unbelievable as that sounds.
    Henderson said Champ for the Gold Cup also.

Willie said Vautour was running in the GC the bollix!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Stable tours are garbage. Most of what is said is to appease owners. It's purpose in life is to sell advertising on the day of the publication and boost sales at certain times of the year for the Racing Post.

Owners are all big egos and the last thing they want to be reading is that their 50 k investment for the year is not capable of winning a Gold Cup.

Cyrname will not be winning a Gold Cup. I said it first. He won't even beat Frodon up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

For me its the least attractive of all races from an AP perspective with so much doubt about practically every horse in the betting and where they might actually run. Gun to my head I would probably go with Min, simply because he is the most likely of those at the head of the market to run and he is a pretty solid e/w poke.

You would imagine that one of the Nicholls horses has to end up here if they all get to the festival, again if I was to bet which one I would suggest Frodon but like everything else with the Ryanair, pure guesswork and thats why its a NRNB race for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Really like Allaho for this but I also have Defi who I'm willing to give one more go.

Clan Des Obeaux is one I'll keep my eye on although his price is horrible. After last year they said he'd never go to Cheltenham again but I think they meant that for the Gold Cup rather than any other race. If he does poorly in the King George it may be option, especially if Cyrname does very well.

I love Samcro and stood with him last year and he made me very happy in the Marsh but it is impossible to back at current price. Battleoverdoyen knocked me for 6 seeing some pace out of him that day in Down Royal. He's such a frustrating horse, he looks a boat most of the time but every now and again he shows a good turn of foot.

However are we all just over thinking it by not going for Min? I'd have fears they might revert him to the CC one last time if Chacun doesn't hold out the season. He has his Cheltenham win, and the CC has alluded Ricci, he'll be desperate if Chacun gets injured.

I see Monkfish has shortened for the RSA. Did I miss something? Maybe it was Latest Exhibition losing the other day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

That's odd, especially seeing as The Big Breakaway came in as well.

Advertisement