Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sodium Hydroxide for Soap making

• 14-07-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I am trying to source some sodium hydroxide for making soap. I can't find any place in Ireland selling it online. Does anyone know of any places that sell it. I am based in the west so Mayo/ Galway region would be preferred.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hardware shop - Caustic Soda

Although, from Wikipedia :eek:

Sodium hydroxide is frequently used in the process of decomposing roadkill dumped in landfills by animal disposal contractors.[33] Due to its availability and low cost, it has been used by criminals to dispose of corpses. Italian serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli used this chemical to turn dead bodies into soap.[35] In Mexico, a man who worked for drug cartels admitted disposing of over 300 bodies with it.[36]

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement