Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saddle slipping down

• 11-04-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Quick one. My Saddle keeps slipping down no matter how tight I tighten it. Standard road bike and I’ve had the saddle in the small place for years. It stays in
    Place for at least an hour and then slowly starts to drop so by the time I get home my knees are knocking of f my chest

Any thoughts, Presume it could the clamp that holds the saddle in place could be just worn.

Oh and I haven’t gained any weight!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

What material is the frame and seatpost?

bazermc wrote: »
    Quick one. My Saddle keeps slipping down no matter how tight I tighten it. Standard road bike and I’ve had the saddle in the small place for years. It stays in
    Place for at least an hour and then slowly starts to drop so by the time I get home my knees are knocking of f my chest

Any thoughts, Presume it could the clamp that holds the saddle in place could be just worn.

Oh and I haven’t gained any weight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What material is the frame and seatpost?

Frame is defo carbon. Not sure on seat post. Presume it is as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

might help to source some carbon paste and try it with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Finish Line Fibre Grip is well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Thanks folks. Never heard of doing this and the specific product. Think I’ll just drop down to my local mechanic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ratracer

Also, be very careful to not over tighten the seat post on the carbon frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Or don’t wait 4 years to re apply grease/paste as my lbs will tell you it isn’t pretty getting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Hairspray works just as well if you have any. Remove the post, spray it, leave it to dry and refit.

Advertisement