Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula E - Gen.2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

A big oof from Turvey in free practice this morning:

Also, Vandoorne's on pole today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Race this weekend in Rome which is a double race weekend.

Sat Qualy 11am
    Sat Race 3pm

Sun Qualy 8am
    Sun Race 12 noon

I fecked up the times and didn't account for the hour's difference (now amended). So I missed the race anyway, and apologies if I mislead some of you!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It was a good race. It started under the safety car because of rain.it was a few yony specs no need at all for it really. Anyway it was very good when it got going.
    It ended under the safety car too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Quest+1 will have it on now and not much missed I would say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I found a stream about 10 minutes in so I missed the safety car BS. The fight for the lead was pretty decent, shame about Di Grassi's car conking out and causing the safety car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Back in action in 10 minutes, live on Quest, Eurosport 2 and Virgin Media Sport.

Ms

I wonder did the Mercedes Formula E team give there second driver a good talking too because he needed it. Imagine taking your teammate out like that. What an arsehloe. He could have went left and he might have hit Vandoornes car but it would have straightened his car up as he was doing anyway and they might have both finished the race. As it was I had no sympathy for the 2and Mercedes driver not been able to finish the race either. I was delighted that Vergne won the race. He deserved it. Do Costa was very unlucky do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

USo Gunther in 5th, Stoffel Vandoorne in 4th, Pascal Wherlein in 3rd, and two rookies on the front row that zi have never heard of. Some lad called Nick Cassidy on pole he is a New Zealander and some French lad Norman Nato is 2nd.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Should be good this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

And Nick Cassidy loses it straight away.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Such a pity there is no Irish driver in Formula E. Any potential Irish drivers that could get into Formula e out there?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

AMKC wrote: »
    Such a pity there is no Irish driver in Formula E. Any potential Irish drivers that could get into Formula e out there?

Not since Adam Carroll a few years back.

Hard to think of anyone, maybe Alex Dunne depending on what direction his career goes in but he is only starting his first year in cars. Roe Jr is trying for Indy, other drivers don't have the backing to get to the World stage in the first place.

Ms

Mercedes should drop there second driver De Vries. He is no good. Locked up his car today and took his teammate out yesterday. Time they got a new driver for the 2nd seat. I hear Felipe Massa is free.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I hear Felipe Massa is free.

Because his first foray into Formula E went so well? I'd say they will stick with the race winner over Massa the backmarker!

Ms

guyfo wrote: »
    Because his first foray into Formula E went so well? I'd say they will stick with the race winner over Massa the backmarker!

True but maybe it was not all Massas fault. Maybe with a team like Mercedes he would do much better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

True but maybe it was not all Massas fault. Maybe with a team like Mercedes he would do much better.

He was literally driving a Mercedes last season... scored 3 points, his team mate scored 41... the works drivers scored way more.

I doubt Mercedes will be dropping their "second driver" any time soon seeing as he had over triple the amount of points of the number one driver heading into round 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Mercedes should drop there second driver De Vries. He is no good. Locked up his car today and took his teammate out yesterday. Time they got a new driver for the 2nd seat. I hear Felipe Massa is free.

The guy is an F2 champion, Formula E race winner & pole starter (both this season), WEC race winner. He's no slouch. Drivers have bad weekends. It happens.

Ms

Well done to Stoffel Vandoorne. Delighted for him.
    Alex Sums in 2and in the Mahindra and Norman Nato in third done good.

Pole sitter had a terrible race did not even finish it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

He was literally driving a Mercedes last season... scored 3 points, his team mate scored 41... the works drivers scored way more.

I doubt Mercedes will be dropping their "second driver" any time soon seeing as he had over triple the amount of points of the number one driver heading into round 4!

Well he failed to finish this race and it was no ones fault but his own.
    Pen Rua wrote: »
    The guy is an F2 champion, Formula E race winner & pole starter (both this season), WEC race winner. He's no slouch. Drivers have bad weekends. It happens.
    Maybe but he messed up again today and failed to finish this race so while his teammate gets top points he gets none.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Pen Rua wrote: »

Must have something against him, calling the driver in 3rd in the standings a second driver at a time when his team mate wasn't even in the top 10 in the championship standings is a dead give away.

• Advertisement

Looks like Nato ran out before the line so Werhlein promoted to 3rd

Ms

Must have something against him, calling the driver in 3rd in the standings a second driver at a time when his team mate wasn't even in the top 10 in the championship standings is a dead give away.

Well if he keeps driving the way he drove all this weekend he will not be 3rd in the championship for much longer.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Susie Wolfe pre maturally celebrating lol. When did she get demoted from the Mercedes Formula E team to the Rokit team anyway lol?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Susie Wolfe pre maturally celebrating lol. When did she get demoted from the Mercedes Formula E team to the Rokit team anyway lol?

She was never in the Mercedes-Benz Formula E team. Venturi are sort of what Williams are to Mercedes-Benz in F1.

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    She was never in the Mercedes-Benz Formula E team. Venturi are sort of what Williams are to Mercedes-Benz in F1.

Awe ok.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Well if he keeps driving the way he drove all this weekend he will not be 3rd in the championship for much longer.

Yes, now he is tied with this team mate in the standings. Such a terrible performance for a "second driver"... sack him now!

Ms

He is the 2nd driver of the team after this weekend. He will not be 3rd in the standings after this weekend.
    Vandoorne got fastest lap of the race as well as winning so 26points and that puts him ahead of his so called teammate.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

He is the 2nd driver of the team after this weekend. He will not be 3rd in the standings after this weekend.
    Vandoorne got fastest lap of the race as well as winning so 26points and that puts him ahead of his so called teammate.

If it wasn't clear before you have something against him it is now... thats so petty.

I missed that Stoffell got FL. So that means Vandoorne is on 33 points and De Vries on 32... hardly worthy of the sack or being called a "so called team mate" as you continue to say.

They should stick in a has been backmarker in the car instead? yea.. right....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Mercedes beginning to ruin Formula e by winning. Only kidding. There's so much action happening we'll never be able to tell who is going to win but they seem to be up there.

What hasn't changed is how much a d*ck Wherlein is. If things didn't go to plan, he speaks using 'we' blaming the team, and if he thinks something went well, he says 'I'.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
    Ms

If it wasn't clear before you have something against him it is now... thats so petty.

I missed that Stoffell got FL. So that means Vandoorne is on 33 points and De Vries on 32... hardly worthy of the sack or being called a "so called team mate" as you continue to say.

They should stick in a has been backmarker in the car instead? yea.. right....

Ye your right. I overreacted a little bit but I do think if what happened yesterday had of happened in a Formula one race between two teammates there would be out roure. Yes ok maybe he did not do it on purpose and had only mere seconds to think which way to go but if he could have gone left he should have gone left.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement