Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OEM MK1 GT turbo Starlet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

This thread just keeps on giving. Where do you source all these parts Darragmh91?

Ha thanks man my pockets feel the pinch tho ha pitty Valentine's is next week or I could buy more parts

I just know the right people to help me get them my mate Matty is s major help with this build and people in Japan so that's a big help but most of my extras have come from the uk .. Still plenty more to be got tho
    I don't think I'll ever sell the car it's worth too much money at this stage I'll garage it and give it to my kids when I have kids ha I'm only 23 so wanna do the build now before I get a house with the bird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Ha thanks man my pockets feel the pinch tho ha pitty Valentine's is next week or I could buy more parts

I just know the right people to help me get them my mate Matty is s major help with this build and people in Japan so that's a big help but most of my extras have come from the uk .. Still plenty more to be got tho
    I don't think I'll ever sell the car it's worth too much money at this stage I'll garage it and give it to my kids when I have kids ha I'm only 23 so wanna do the build now before I get a house with the bird

Obviously one very understanding woman.
    I really admire your attention to detail though. Do you use the car as a daily driver or is it kept for special occasions?

Ha she is yeah but lately she doesn't know about parts iv been gettin in the door ha sometimes there's better off not knowing when I buy parts ha

The attention to detail will be out of this world when I'm finished it will be like a brand new car .. It's not being drove at the minute it's gettin work done to it but hasn't been drove in a year or so but when I get it back it will be my daily it's a shame to just leave it sitting up doing nothin yano so I'll start drivin it nd enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Your some man for getting parts i'll give you that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Still loving this thread.

• Advertisement

haha yeah i buy loads of parts ha its like heroin i cant stop buying and if i let a rare part go i go mad and hate myself and get desperate to get money for it haha i leave myself broke every week and cant do anything on weekends not even get cans and sit in ha i can bearly buy my amberleaf to smoke for the week or put petrol in the car but when the parts land its all so worth it all my problems go away

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They could ha e but I know on the book it's 6L2 blackish/green .. Unsure of the proper name for it tho bit the avensis wasn't as dark as this colour they were a good big brighter I think but I'm open to a answeres if you can get gge paint code to see if they are the same

Its 6s3 oasis green on most. Always looked darker on the hiace and brighter on the corolla but the same colour and code.

They did do a darker green earlier though (around 02 or so?)

http://m.toyota.ie/downloads/brochures/hiace.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

Great thread Darragh - lovely to see someone add all the possible extras to their car. I've done similar in the past with previous cars, and the literal smile you get from adding the most mundane things is great.

10. Air fantasy fragrance system

Nothing to do with me at all - but I knew I'd see this somewhere recently

http://cars.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/rare-jap-air-fantasy-fragrance-system/8569015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Some man darragh, you'll be like a pig in shıte spinning around when it's fully sorted..

Fair play lad.

ondafly wrote: »
    Great thread Darragh - lovely to see someone add all the possible extras to their car. I've done similar in the past with previous cars, and the literal smile you get from adding the most mundane things is great.

Nothing to do with me at all - but I knew I'd see this somewhere recently

http://cars.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/rare-jap-air-fantasy-fragrance-system/8569015

What car did you add all the extras to mate .. It's takin me a while to get them all but im in no rush to wait for the proper clean 1 to come my way .. I love havin all the time extras people are amazed when they see them all ha .. I seen that aur fantasy Alri but its not in great condition and missing 2 of its smells .. I have 1 sourced for a lot cheaper aswell people put stuff on dd for mental money Thinkin they will sell like Atn rest for 300 Nd stuff

• Advertisement

Some man darragh, you'll be like a pig in shıte spinning around when it's fully sorted..

Fair play lad.

Haha you have no Ides Man I can't wait till I get them all in the and I'll be looking forward to showin everyone on the site too at meets etc

Got 2 new rad brackets today and also got 2 new bolts for it aswell .. Can't put old bolts on new parts
    Cheap enough fix and will do a lot for the car along with all the new parts goin into it

image_zpscxhnsmu2.jpg

Cat shield all cleaned up now just have to do the other small one now then go buy the turbo shield

image_zpsiihljchw.jpg

No smokin sticker on the ashtray now very happy with it

image_zpsx0fdwiw9.jpg

image_zpsu4opwypb.jpg

And the gt in Mechanics garage lookin quite sorry for its self I can't wait to get it back and give it a good polish and wax

image_zpsh3cf3buk.jpg

Thats all for now folks

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Keep up the great work, makes me ashamed of the less than awesome effort I put into my Navara.

Put the effort in man it's worth it .. Feel great after doin it with new parts and once Ya start it's hard to stop

Just finished polishing cat shield number 2 now .. Delighted there done now just drill an tap the holes and put them on

image_zpsfqjw6g7y.jpg

image_zpsdtdbbjdm.jpg

Got this off my mate matty yesterday for the car so a big thanks for sourcing this for me for a good price .. I previously had a black glanza one on the car so a silver one is the proper one for the mk1 and has the mounting points for my vacuum pipes now
    Just a spray up with silver paint and im laughin now

image_zpsv4vsvg9t.jpg

image_zpshb0o9qt2.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Only after noticing this now, great work its a credit to you! Oem is the only way to go I hate cars that look like they ram raided Halfords! Ha

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Only after noticing this now, great work its a credit to you! Oem is the only way to go I hate cars that look like they ram raided Halfords! Ha

Cheers man I must say I do enjoy the OEM build its not an everyday sight to see an oem starlet
    It's just as expensive as doing a modified car with buying all the toyota parts from new and optional extras but well worth it

Got the starlet back off sham on Monday after gettin the car goin again .. Done the timing, new actuator fitted, new rad fitted, rear wheel bearings, fixed up the wiring on the car and the car is goin sweet as a nut now
    Spent the past 2 days cleaning the car and went balls out so here it is now .. Pics don't do it much good but it is super shiney

image_zpsd7ureifb.jpg

image_zpsuw9ekh76.jpg

image_zps3ts3t7io.jpg

Reg surrounds fitted now looks the job on the cards with the plates

image_zps5ohhnyrl.jpg

image_zpszdjeq1gi.jpg

Fitted my optional extra speakers too now I need a radio haha

image_zps5roxfavz.jpg

image_zpsvbil8ong.jpg

• Advertisement

Super job!

What about something like these?

jap2size.jpg

i have them jap pressed plates on the other starlet but i prefare the std ones to be honest man

Fresh nct today for 14 months .. Very happy with that now flew through it very surprised how good my result sheet was

image_zpsz7ui1eeq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yes!! I knew she'd do well.
    Now just to call the insurance on Monday. :)

Yeah ring up insurance nd swap over nd then tax it nd that's Me happy as a pig in ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Great thread, well done OP. The car looks great, best of luck with it.

Fitted my mk1 Rescueman today .. Iv been meaning to do this a while now so very happy with that
    This will help me if I ever get in a crash I can smash my glass on to escape any injury or use this scissors to cut my shirt or seatbelt but with a bit of luck I'll never need to use it and itl be for display only

A2C7B554-93E7-4C56-9C32-92402A043FE1_zpsp1jasvxp.jpg

That a new gear stick gaiter? Thing looks brand spanking..

No it's not new man but it is clean along with all the interior .. Only 100k on the clock so no real wear and tear as such

• Advertisement

Not a major update These little things were buggin me so got them sorted today
    The vanity trey had a stain in one of its compartments and I kept Lookin at it and Thinkin I better get it sorted so I went to toyota and he gave me a patch or carpet for free and I cut a piece out to slot into it so here's before and after pics

62D52AAA-6135-4144-926A-941A1282C907_zpsng8ujohu.jpg

12870C11-5B5F-4D01-9EB3-0764675D718A_zpsqyrqp3a2.jpg

And another was the centre console where my handbrake is was missing the 2 screws from it but wasn't moving at all but wanted them in there so bought 2 new screws from toyota for 2 quid and popped them in and I had some carpet left over from the other bit so said why not put a new piece in here too so another cut was made and popped it in
    E41B83C8-0629-4608-8578-D3B52FE1EAC9_zpsctavbagc.jpg

26A7E0FC-1194-46B4-9429-969628F5A93A_zpsqf9ipzua.jpg

Not much but the small things count ha and today I done my full licence test and got it on my first go so celebrations with nandos tonight ha

<mod note: image deleted because it has personal details>

Advertisement