Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ruining a wedding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

remember the thread about the guest sh1ttin himself all over the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

remember the thread about the guest sh1ttin himself all over the hotel?

Link was posted up a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

I was at a wedding about 10 years ago, best man was making his speech, he mangled it. He meant to say that the brides father used to put her to bed with a dummy, now she’s going to bed with a dummy again. What he said was "brides father used to put her to bed with a dummy in her mouth, now she’s going to bed with something else in her mouth"

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

cena wrote: »
    Has anyone here ruined a wedding or been to a wedding that was ruined? Let us say, someone has stood up during the mass service and said that this person should not marry him or she.

I can think of few things in this life I hate with a passion more than a wedding reception.

It is as if some dark, evil anti-human force created the concept with the very idea of getting as many people into one place and making them as uncomfortable and miserable as possible while pretending they are enjoying themselves.

You want to find something that is completely devoid of love - it's a wedding reception.

I loved the way the sheer dysfunctional hell of the experience was brilliantly portrayed in the movie Melancholia. The world ending was actually being a relief compared to the wedding reception said it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

I was at a massive wedding in Donegal a couple of years ago and the groom had a serious opinion of himself. The bride's family were much more down to earth and obviously thought the groom was a bit of a d*ck. The father of the bride stood up and obviously thought this was his opportunity. He told everybody to look under their chairs where there was a photo of the groom dressed in drag as a joke. It was seriously cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I was at a wedding once where I was at a long, boring ceremony in a magic House, followed by waiting around, followed by mediocre fare and hackneyed, poorly delivered speeches, laboured conversation with people I hardly know, and sh!t music, followed by trying to drink the pain away, followed by the worst hangover ever and being 500 bucks worse off.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I have a cracking tale of a ruined wedding. But na, you guys wouldn't be interested.

It's more a Shelbyville story

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

I can think of few things in this life I hate with a passion more than a wedding reception.

It is as if some dark, evil anti-human force created the concept with the very idea of getting as many people into one place and making them as uncomfortable and miserable as possible while pretending the are enjoying themselves.

You want to find something that is completely devoid of love - it's a wedding reception. I love the way the sheer dysfunctional hell of the experience was brilliantly portrayed in the movie Melancholia. The world ending was actually a relief compared to the wedding reception said it all.

I like them. Think most people do genuinely enjoy themselves. Having said that i like this thread. Something funny about drama at a wedding because there is way too much focus on everything going right on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

My husband worked in a hotel where the best man went off with the bride that night and the groom stood downstairs and paid for the hotel with the wedding cards.

Prob about 10 years ago now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I was at one where a guest spiked some people drinks with drugs and then they beat him to a pulp when they found out. They weren’t drug users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We'll all gatecrash roaring drunk and talk about a contentious topic, then start asking for the report button and mods.

Everytime the best man makes a joke everyone just says "Thanks"

I was also at a very good one where an aunt of the groom got p..sed and started heckling the bride’s father while he spoke. She was saying “we’re simple people, we don’t need to listen to your sh..e.”

Cool as you like, he said “Wow, and here’s me thinking alcoholics are meant to be anonymous...”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was at one where a guest spiked some people drinks with drugs and then they beat him to a pulp when they found out. They weren’t drug users.

lucky them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I was also at a very good one where an aunt of the groom got p..sed and started heckling the bride’s father while he spoke. She was saying “we’re simple people, we don’t need to listen to your sh..e.

Cool as you like, he said “Wow, and here’s me thinking alcoholics are meant to be anonymous...”

Classic comeback! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

A wedding where the bride pooed in her dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I was best man at my mates wedding.
    Proper full on church of Ireland wedding...very little fun, prim and proper types. Minister in the church talking about not going to bed on an argument. "As Elton John said" *shouts loudly* " and I certainly don't agree with his lifestyle" *long silence* "don't let the sun go down"
    Great craic altogether.

Years ago I was at a wedding in a large Midlands hotel. Went out for a breath of fresh air with another lad who was going outside for a cigarette. We were both well oiled at this stage. Walked back in and the function room door opened as a couple of kids came out. We strolled in and made our way to the bar. Ordered a couple of pints and started supping again and chatting away. A few minutes later the bride comes to the bar and nods at us. We raise our glasses in a kind of "howya" way at her and then suddenly realise we are in the wrong function room and this isn't our wedding.
    Casually strolled out and found our own wedding and kept on going!!

We'll all gatecrash roaring drunk and talk about a contentious topic, then start asking for the report button and mods.

I'd love that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I, for one, shall indignantly protest my innocence. :p

I for two...
    Shall defend your right to protect your innocence!
    I may also strip and helicopter the lad!

banie01 wrote: »
    I for two...
    Shall defend your right to protect your innocence!
    I may also strip and helicopter the lad!

See? It's going to be an epic wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I was at a wedding for a bloke I worked with . Him and his family are working class Dubs while the wife's side of the family thought they were a bit well to do. Anyway best man giving the speech says " I'm delighted derek met a beautiful woman like yvonne because he's been with a far few mingers in his day" everyone starts laughing except the mother in law . He then says" I don't know what everyones laughing at , there's a few of those mingers sitting in this room " . The mother in law storms off and the bride and her dad run off to console her. Thankfully she back after a few minutes and everything passed of peacefully .

That's a great joke ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

bigmac3 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding about 10 years ago, best man was making his speech, he mangled it. He meant to say that the brides father used to put her to bed with a dummy, now she’s going to bed with a dummy again. What he said was "brides father used to put her to bed with a dummy in her mouth, now she’s going to bed with something else in her mouth"

Brilliant just absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

17larsson wrote: »
    I spilled red wine on the brides dress.

For weeks later I thought it was just a drunken dream and didn't think I did actually spill red wine on a brides white wedding dress, until they said it in passing one day.

They are a sound couple and laughed about it. She said she was on her way up to change anyway.

I'm just glad my memory of that evening is empty

Oh Jesus the dreaded flashback...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

My friend was at a wedding and the brides aunt was caught riding the best man in the toilet . It wouldn't have been to bad except her husband was at the wedding aswell. He said there was murder for about half an hour but luckily enough it was near the end of the night so it didn't ruin the wedding and gave people lots to gossip about the next day

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Brilliant just absolutely brilliant

Freudian slip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Savour looking at all those yellow and red cards.

I'd say I'd be favourite to get the first straight red:pac:
    I've been very good lately, must be the new meds;)

I remember when I was younger (maybe 12) I was at my cousin’s wedding.

I was walking behind some people from one room into another.

They stopped and so did I, but unbeknownst to me the bride was walking behind me and carrying a drink.

She walked into me and spilled a little bit of it on her dress.

I was quite upset though when she said “you little f..ker!” with real anger and hatred in her eyes.

Poor form in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

My brother told me of a Dublin wedding where father of bride didn't like his new son in law.

At the speeches he kept getting hassled to do a speech; he really just wanted for thing to be over and get out. A few kept at it; "go on Christy say a few words" etc etc

He stood up and said "today I lost a daughter and gained a gobsh1te" and sat down. Was a quite affair after that I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Stovepipe wrote: »
    I was at a wedding in Mayo, one time and the meal was quite late so everyone had plenty of time to drink. The first loud argument was at about 7 pm, the first fight at about 9 and it went downhill from there. It's where I heard the classic line from a drunken wife to an equally drunk husband, who was rolling back his jacket to get stuck in, " Don't hit him,Francie! You'll mark him for life!". The next day, it was declared a great success by many. I thought I was doing well to get out in one piece.

Was this a Shrule/Kilmaine wedding? (Not held in Shrule obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Why bother even saying anything then? :confused:

So people will buy my book when it comes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Northernlily

My brother told me of a Dublin wedding where father of bride didn't like his new son in law.

At the speeches he kept getting hassled to do a speech; he really just wanted for thing to be over and get out. A few kept at it; "go on Christy say a few words" etc etc

He stood up and said "today I lost a daughter and gained a gobsh1te" and sat down. Was a quite affair after that I believe

LOL. Some absolute gems of stories in this thread. Haven't been so lucky to go to one of these spectacular weddings. Every wedding I've been too has been tame enough.

Advertisement