Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easter egg shortage?

• 02-04-2021 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Am I mental or I’d there no Easter eggs anywhere? Went out get one for lil fella and none anywhere let alone a milky bar one! Crazy stuff. Anyone know of any where off the beaten track with some???? Cheers! Could b a sweets from Dunphys job the way things are going !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Same thing happened to me last year and I managed to get some up in Homesavers in Ballybricken.

Worth a shot anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lidl had a wall of them on Thursday as you walk in Tramore Road store.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Max H

Easter eggs are subject to custom checks, under EU rule 39.2 subsection 8. Basically they have to remain hidden for 38 weeks from 2nd April, before allowed for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

heard this alright, thats nuts, so we ve moved on from alcohol and coke, now its easter eggs, at least is getting better i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I saw a lot of them in Aldi in Ardkeen yesterday - mostly malteaser eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

I've 6 medium and 6 large Cadbury's eggs for sale. Med are €30 each, large €50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Mugser wrote: »
    I've 6 medium and 6 large Cadbury's eggs for sale. Med are €30 each, large €50 each.

Ill buy all 6 off you and ill meet you alone in any area you wish to hand over the money. 480euros for you, i cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

There was a load of Mars easter eggs in supervalu tramore,if anyone is stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

is this the new bread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

The Ever given and Suez Canal are the culprits. There were millions of chocolate eggs in the 20,000 odd containers on the ship and millions more on the ships that were delayed passage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Are any unsold eggs dumped after Easter? Or do they try for one last push at half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If there are any, they're normally discounted after Easter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are any unsold eggs dumped after Easter? Or do they try for one last push at half price?

I don't think I've ever seen supermarkets with eggs after easter. Have gone into shops for years on the Saturday in the hope of gathering up cut price eggs and the shelves are already restacked with other items by then.
    I've seen other shops like Centra etc still have them after easter, never at cut price though!

Advertisement