Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Research Council 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mag0798

I emailed them regarding postgrad being delayed and they said:

"Considering today is the 31st March, I think it is safe to say the outcome will be in April, though I cannot give you a specific date at this point."

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OGrady2212

mag0798 wrote: »

"Considering today is the 31st March, I think it is safe to say the outcome will be in April, though I cannot give you a specific date at this point."

That's immensely disappointing. Thanks for letting us know, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DogResearcher

Fair play emailing them. My stomach's in knots waiting. But really, why did they reply so snippily? Surely they knew before today that announcements would be delayed and could have tweeted something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IRCStressAcct

Thanks very much for emailing them and reporting the reply here! Disappointing but better to know than to keep refreshing my inbox haha. I guess it could take anytime from a few more days to a few more weeks, so I'll do my best to stop thinking about it in the meantime. Talk to you all when we start to hear back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bibble123

Thanks for letting us know mag! Disappointing for sure, hopefully it will be tomorrow as predicted and we can all have our peace of mind! Hope everyone is doing okay

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for emailing them and reporting the reply here! Disappointing but better to know than to keep refreshing my inbox haha. I guess it could take anytime from a few more days to a few more weeks, so I'll do my best to stop thinking about it in the meantime. Talk to you all when we start to hear back!

I'm the same - I'm going to step back from this group - the support we've able to give each other is great, but at the same time, I'm getting more anxious by focusing on it all the time. We'll hear when we hear, and as soon as we do, I'll be back here to cheer you all on. Mind yourselves x

OH MY GOD THEY'VE EMAILED ME

I'm too scared to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sspandangler

Alright they told me we will find out the first phase tomorrow. I assume everyone got the same email?

So probably there has been some sort of delay. Weird that we are getting a first and second phase after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blizzardofone

Is this for postdoc or PhD?! I haven't got an email :(

• Advertisement

OGrady2212 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THEY'VE EMAILED ME

!! what did they say!? EVERYTHING CROSSED FOR YOU

Alright they told me we will find out the first phase tomorrow. I assume everyone got the same email?

So probably there has been some sort of delay. Weird that we are getting a first and second phase after all.

Same. It's a notification of the first round results being announced tomorrow. They obviously had a significant amount of enquiries about the announcement date, and this email is a response to that, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sspandangler

Is this for postdoc or PhD?! I haven't got an email :(

I got the email for Postgrad (PhD). It says that they hoped to have the results by the end of March, but instead, will tell us who got through the first phase tomorrow, and that the final result will be some point hopefully early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AMS_theother1

Yes, I got the same email

I'm hoping all this movement means that the postdoc results will be out tomorrow. Surely if not they'd release our first stage results then too?! Pure speculation! Everything crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sepiolida

At this late stage would it not be in everyone's best interest to just announce the final call rather than in rounds. If you progress tomorrow surely that'll just cause even more stress and anxiety for an even longer period. Another restless night it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kinks56

I've been lurking here for the past few days and just want to say thanks for the info, everyone! Waiting on postdoc announcement and expected to have been put out of my misery by now. Fingers crossed that if they're making PhD first phase announcements tomorrow, they'll also give us some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scottyboy13dub

Good luck to everyone today <3

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BuuuuuuuuuB

I highly hope they email us today with no further delay.
    Goodluck for you all.

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

I can't stop refreshing my email :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clemfandango5

Best of luck to all! Hope we get news soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clementine5

I almost wish they hadn't sent that email yesterday because then we wouldn't know that the axe is about to fall. I am so useless today lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scottyboy13dub

I know clementine5... I'm sick to my stomach :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clemfandango5

I emailed again to ask when we were likely to know the postdoc outcome and they replied:

“We are currently working on the outcome of the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. We anticipate being able to update applicants in early April. We do not have an exact date yet but will return to applicants in a timely manner”

I'm fearful it'll be next week! Hoping it's not though

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BuuuuuuuuuB

I'm fearful it'll be next week! Hoping it's not though

Acoording to this reply, it may be the next monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 spokyn

Acoording to this reply, it may be the next monday.

Pretty unlikely to be next Monday since that's a bank holiday (tomorrow is a holiday too for a lot of workplaces). I would say if nothing comes back by this evening the earliest will be next Tuesday.

Edit: just re-read your post and realised you said "the next Monday" which could mean either the 5th or 12th so apologies if I misunderstood! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buttons21298

Anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement

Nothing yet. Any of the PhD applicants heard anything?

Advertisement