Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know when IBT resumes?

• 23-01-2021 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Looking to do IBT in the wesht and wondering if anyone knows when it resumes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Peter03 wrote: »

When restrictions ease, not being smart but that's it in a nut shell.
    Yes its pointless as it can be socially distanced very easily, but hey look at the last 12 months we've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

It's going to be really tough to get anyone to help you out with IBT at the moment. I would not expect to see any IBT schools running again until mid/late spring.

Dan

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I wonder could you convince someone to do the classroom portion over Zoom?

At least you'd get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

Has anyone got a date for their ibt or have an idea when they are allowed again?

Has anyone got a date for their ibt or have an idea when they are allowed again?

Provisionally allowed reopen on the 29th all going well that may change as it has multiple times and become some time in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It's ridiculous.

I'm dealing with DVA in NI atmo (unrelated), and whilst on-hold, one of the announcements they have on their phone system about all the delays on test etc is that motorcycle tests are NOT affected by it (m/c test being 'solo' by nature).

Proper approach imho.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

galwaytt wrote: »
    It's ridiculous.

I'm dealing with DVA in NI atmo (unrelated), and whilst on-hold, one of the announcements they have on their phone system about all the delays on test etc is that motorcycle tests are NOT affected by it (m/c test being 'solo' by nature).

Proper approach imho.
    Motorcycle tests are still being conducted & have not stopped here during restrictions?

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Motorcycle tests are still being conducted & have not stopped here during restrictions?

Yep tests been on going for essential workers, doesn't really have much bearing on ibt resumption though.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Yep tests been on going for essential workers, doesn't really have much bearing on ibt resumption though.

Correct I never mentioned IBT?
    The post was in reply to tests going ahead up north but not down here which is incorrect

Correct I never mentioned IBT?
    The post was in reply to tests going ahead up north but not down here which is incorrect

I was agreeing with you mate, the irrelevant comment was towards galways comment.
    They have been going on here and both that and what happens anywhere else are irrelevant to the situation here or thread.

On mobile so can't quote you both, so just quoted yours to agree with the tests having been conducted. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Advertisement

IBT is starting back on May 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

IBT is starting back on May 10th

Where did you her that lad?

eoin.d wrote: »

If its who I think it maybe he's an ADI and a well respected one at that.

Also one a few fb pages of ADI's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

If its who I think it maybe he's an ADI and a well respected one at that.

Also one a few fb pages of ADI's

I saw that too.

Look up Dalton Motorcycle Training on fb

I saw that too.

Look up Dalton Motorcycle Training on fb

Everyone is breathing a sigh of relief ADI'S probably more than anyone

Everyone is breathing a sigh of relief ADI'S probably more than anyone

The only ones that are left out are the poor sods who’s IBTs have expired. Hopefully they’ll get sorted too.

The only ones that are left out are the poor sods who’s IBTs have expired. Hopefully they’ll get sorted too.

Mod 5 is part of the ibt so can go ahead to reinstate the ibt

Mod 5 is part of the ibt so can go ahead to reinstate the ibt

They still have to pay for it though.

Through no fault of their own, it’s a bit unfair that people couldn’t even apply for their tests/drive their bikes because of the lockdowns

They still have to pay for it though.

Through no fault of their own, it’s a bit unfair that people couldn’t even apply for their tests/drive their bikes because of the lockdowns

Well I mean paying for it goes without saying.

100% and I fell into that category, have the test paid for can't sit it because my ibt ran out of date and my industry has been shut since last march.

I've never washed the bike as much and I hate washing my stuff ha.

Well I mean paying for it goes without saying.

100% and I fell into that category, have the test paid for can't sit it because my ibt ran out of date and my industry has been shut since last march.

I've never washed the bike as much and I hate washing my stuff ha.

I’m well aware of how lucky I’ve been, as my employer was classed as essential so I’ve been able to do the test, but I still think it’s a load of sh!te that people such as yourself have been left in the lurch.

• Advertisement

I’m well aware of how lucky I’ve been, as my employer was classed as essential so I’ve been able to do the test, but I still think it’s a load of sh!te that people such as yourself have been left in the lurch.

Oh 100%, my attitude has just been it is what it is, nothing I can do about it and I'm not about to ride uninsured for a lot of reasons, some lads did some didn't.
    Regardless you're right a lot of us suffered for the incompetence of the government and rsa.
    They didn't get through as many essential workers as they could have either total **** up all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

He is wise in the ways of IBT

Its on Gov.ie.
    I am an IBT instructor & iBT is allowed from May 10th

Its on Gov.ie.
    I am an IBT instructor & iBT is allowed from May 10th

Roadcraft can I pick your brain so. My ibt will run out in July and as a non essential worker I'm still waiting on test. If I fail I'll have to renew it in some way as I understand it. What does this mean in practice?

I did mail the RSA but no answer yet.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Roadcraft can I pick your brain so. My ibt will run out in July and as a non essential worker I'm still waiting on test. If I fail I'll have to renew it in some way as I understand it. What does this mean in practice?

I did mail the RSA but no answer yet.

Everyone is essential.
    My experience with tests over the last few months is the examiner will ask you are you an essential worker & what you do?

If you happen to say you are in the food delivery business your test will go ahead.

At the moment it is a good time to do a test because you can send an email with your details on RSA.ie & they will call you back with some test date options.

If your IBT expires you can renew your cert for another two years by completing module 5 of IBT.
    You dont have to repeat the theory modules

Everyone is essential.
    My experience with tests over the last few months is the examiner will ask you are you an essential worker & what you do?

If you happen to say you are in the food delivery business your test will go ahead.

At the moment it is a good time to do a test because you can send an email with your details on RSA.ie & they will call you back with some test date options.

If your IBT expires you can renew your cert for another two years by completing module 5 of IBT.
    You dont have to repeat the theory modules

Thanks Roadcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

My mate who's just starting out had his DTT cancelled tomorrow, I see on the site they've cancelled all appointments between 4th and 9th. Anyone have an insight as to why? Is it covid related or are they making the move to the online DTT?

The department of transport have said that theory tests are deemed as non essential??
    They will review this in the next few weeks.

Advertisement