Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancy new kit, Victory Chimp?

Options
  • 09-12-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

I'm considering some gear from VictoryChimp, jersey, bibs and bobbler

Has anyone bought from them? Designed up north and made in Italy, good combo

https://www.victorychimp.cc/

I'll be honest, I love pretty much everything on their site :D

Have mostly club gear so was thinking of something fancier, any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Whyner wrote: »
    I'm considering some gear from VictoryChimp, jersey, bibs and bobbler

Has anyone bought from them? Designed up north and made in Italy, good combo

https://www.victorychimp.cc/

I'll be honest, I love pretty much everything on their site :D

Have mostly club gear so was thinking of something fancier, any other suggestions?

They have some very nice jerseys (some retro, some funky) and they use Banana Positioning Technology™ which insures optimally stationed wonder fruit on all rides (made me smile).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've a few bits. Very good quality. And the design is top notch. Big Fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Yup, their design is class. Have been window shopping for their stuff myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That looks like lovely gear. Reminds me of Wyndy Milla a bit - cool patterns and designs. A break from the Alé and Maap boring-ass single-colour jerseys for 795 euro or whatever they're charging now.:pac:

What's the quality like and indeed the sizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Sizing is race fitting, so toight

Club gear is Sportful so I'm going to order the same

Sizing
    Please check your measurements against our sizing chart carefully before purchasing to avoid disappointment. exchanges are no problem, but stock availability may be limited.

**All jerseys and gilets are close/race fitting with less forgiving fabrics. So if in doubt, on the upper end of a size’s range, or prefer a more relaxed fit, we recommend going up one size. Most will need to go up one size from usual jersey size!**

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - if you wish to represent victory chimp here, you'll need to get permission, as it can be seen as commerical use of the site.

4.4 Representing a company or other entity
    If you are using boards.ie as a representative of a company or other entity (including, but not limited to Charity or Volunteer organisations, Student’s Unions, Trade Unions, Academic Institutions, Chambers of Commerce, Departments of Government) you represent that you have the authority to enter into these Terms of Use on behalf of that company or entity, and agree that the terms “you” and “your” in this agreement refers to your company or other entity. You may not post on boards.ie other than in your individual capacity unless you have permission from Boards.ie. Contact hello@boards.ie for more details.

https://www.boards.ie/content/terms?site=desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I ordered the Chimpeaur zip top awhile ago and its a real head turner (for those whose heads get turned by that kinda thing). Ordered the Stampen jersey and Bib Shorts for my bro in Oz who has just got them. The sizing is definitely race fit. He looks great in it with his build but I wouldnt have the confidence. Go one size up for normal bods I reckon. He says it's good kit alright.

Love the Stampen Stripes long sleeve jersey. I'm confident enough in my stupendous winter phyisique :D

Does "sold out" mean gone forever, or is it a temporary re-stocking issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

folks, victorychimp won't be allowed post till he clears it with the higher ups so please don't direct questions his way

fat bloke wrote: »
    Love the Stampen Stripes long sleeve jersey. I'm confident enough in my stupendous winter phyisique :D

Does "sold out" mean gone forever, or is it a temporary re-stocking issue?

Oi, that's the one I had my eye on :p I'd love it in a short sleeve

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any bargains for boardsies?

The question we all want asked. There's 10% off you first order

Just to add, after I bought my first item I was sent a 20% discount off second order which came in handy. They do a class 'Bikefast' bottle that looks like a bottle of Buckfast.. well maybe not class, more like gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Have some of their caps and a pair of their new sunglasses, can't fault them, great quality and quick delivery. Very helpful too when I was asking questions about the gear. Their new jerseys look really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'd like to know what sort of fancy software they're using that picked up this thread after only a few hours of it being live :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I got the Chimpeur zip-up top and the three long-sleeved tees: things you can wear off the bike as well as on. They're very good, very happy with them. The Chimpeur zip-up top is much praised by people who see it. It's nicely retro.

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Just to add, after I bought my first item I was sent a 20% discount off second order which came in handy. They do a class 'Bikefast' bottle that looks like a bottle of Buckfast.. well maybe not class, more like gas.

Sounds good, wonder how much you need to spend on your first order?

He's not happy he got "banned" accordng to twitter :pac:

Come on Ryan, fill in the forms and join us. We've got orders to place

I subscribed and got 10% off first order, then I bought the Chimpeur zippy top for €49.95 (€44.96 with the discount). Then a thank you email came with the 20% off. Free shipping to Oz too as the second order was over €100.

Yeha like, just fill in the forms lol.

His twitter post does not exactly inspire me towards the purchase, tbh.

Yerra. I'd be inclined to weight what looks to be a classy, colourful and quality looking catalogue of gear over a wayward tweet when casting judgement.

Alek wrote: »
    His twitter post does not exactly inspire me towards the purchase, tbh.

Curious now, what tweet?

• Advertisement

Ah if you read through the thread on twitter he mellowed and seems ok about it, just a bit puzzled when he complied with the mod instruction not to post further until the 'paperwork' was done and was banned anyway before he could get it done.

Anyway not looking for stuff at the minute but a site that was new to me and one I'll consider next I'm looking.

Yerra. I'd be inclined to weight what looks to be a classy, colourful and quality looking catalogue of gear over a wayward tweet when casting judgement.

Starbucks coffee is probably great, yet I don't go there. I don't say I won't buy from Victorychimp, but its just less likely; his products still look as good as yesterday! ;)
    Curious now, what tweet?

https://twitter.com/VictoryChimp/status/1336979975627542531

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Starbucks coffee is probably great, yet I don't go there. I don't say I won't buy from Victorychimp, but its just less likely; his products still look as good as yesterday! ;)

Its not, its actually pretty bad, in fact, awful is the word I would use to describe it but people flock there in there millions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Paddigol

CramCycle wrote: »
    Its not, its actually pretty bad, in fact, awful is the word I would use to describe it but people flock there in there millions

Probably (definitely!) a conversation for another thread, but I don't mind Starbucks. I try to avoid it because I don't want to contribute to the demise of the local coffee shop concept. But there's far worse - Insomnia/ Costa being prime examples. A lot of hipster type coffee shops also serve awfully bitter crap too. Give me vanilla/ bland over bitter/ pretentious any day of the week. How coffee got to be so up its own arse is beyond me - the Italians have been enjoying simple, consistently beautiful coffee without fuss forever.

I've been looking for cycling kit options so Victory Chimp is a great addition to my browsing catalogue. Nice variety to their range. Thanks for the heads up OP!

The last time I've had good espresso in Ireland was Bald Barista some years ago. Since then I've been served some bitter syrup or coffee flavoured water (in seemingly hip places) so stopped going to cafes. What's good in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Paddigol

The last time I've had good espresso in Ireland was Bald Barista some years ago. Since then I've been served some bitter syrup or coffee flavoured water (in seemingly hip places) so stopped going to cafes. What's good in town?

Doppio Zero Pembroke St (off Baggot Street/ Fitzwilliam Sq). Think they have a place on Abbey St/ Jervis St too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Meet me in the morning/reference, coffee angel , 3fe, cloud picker, vice off the top of my head.

I've taken to ordering whatever they have on batch/filter. It's usually way more interesting than espresso and it changes frequently enough.

Bald barista uses Fixx coffee, Fixx are big supporters of cycling I recall, but they don't give an awful of info about their beans.

Complete thread derail but the cycle cafe in Ballymore Eustace does a delicious espresso and a crackin ham cheese toasty, and you'll get both for well under a fiver!! :)

fat bloke wrote: »
    Complete thread derail but the cycle cafe in Ballymore Eustace does a delicious espresso and a crackin ham cheese toasty, and you'll get both for well under a fiver!! :)

And a free excuse to cycle further! Cool :-)

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Chancing my arm but anyone have a 20% discount code for VC that you're not using? Loving the loud & funky Stampen Jersey

Advertisement